Boot loader and etc

Search This thread

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I know this has been asked and answered before but when I google this I get old links and nonexistent exploits. Does infuse have a boot loader? Does it require being rooted and unlocked similiar to an HTC phone ? I'm not new to modifying devices but I could use a Lil insight. How do I go about unlocking bootloader, install a custom recovery and root the infuse? Thanks

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I know this has been asked and answered before but when I google this I get old links and nonexistent exploits. Does infuse have a boot loader? Does it require being rooted and unlocked similiar to an HTC phone ? I'm not new to modifying devices but I could use a Lil insight. How do I go about unlocking bootloader, install a custom recovery and root the infuse? Thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2091900&page=370 go to last post on that page and no you don't need to unlock bootloader that i know of?

rooting wise alot of methods work from installing a pre rooted stock rom to using one click apps and also kingo android root one click softwear

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisb906

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
That link is for a ROM. Not an exploit. Lol

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Do I need to do any said unlocking or s off this device ?

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I would rather issue commands via adb or fastboot. I believe the best way to learn is through manual..rather than a short cut(like super one click..etc)

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

That link is for a ROM. Not an exploit. Lol

just follow the process for it since it says how to get the recovery

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Do I need to do any said unlocking or s off this device ?

unlocking this phone would imply from AT&T or rogers not the bootloader i've never heard of anyone doing s-off on a samsung device not trying to sound mean

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I know our not being mean. I'm just asking as I have rooted quite a few phones...but all were htcs

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I would rather issue commands via adb or fastboot. I believe the best way to learn is through manual..rather than a short cut(like super one click..etc)

that i know of those are the only methods unless there is a abd method.........which i have not found

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I know our not being mean. I'm just asking as I have rooted quite a few phones...but all were htcs

before i switched from htc to samsung i was wondering the same things but when i read through the different methods and saw how easy it was to obtain root.....i just said okay and went with it and i just go with what i read when rooting moto and zte and other android phones and if they have a one click method i go straight for that one now

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
So. Since ur familiar with HTC. Is the process similar?? Like do I have to unlock like u do an htc bootloader..flash a recovery then a rooted ROM?

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

So. Since ur familiar with HTC. Is the process similar?? Like do I have to unlock like u do an htc bootloader..flash a recovery then a rooted ROM?

well not necessarily with HTC or at least the sensation i had to get root with an exploit then get s-off to get a recovery but with the infuse you just get root with whatever method you can then flash a kernel to get a recovery and if you flashed with odin you probably got CWM recovery at the same time as root and flashing roms is basically the same after you get the recovery and the HTC myTouch 4G had a similar root and recovery process as the sensation did

Last edited:

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca

To root, I think the easiest way is to ODIN a rooted image over top the phone (but that wipes your data). Probably the most common way is to use an exploit, via SuperOneClick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02NrvxDZYA

To get CWM (if you didn't ODIN one on earlier), all you need to do is flash this in 3e recovery (didn't work for my Rogers phone, probably because it was made for AT&T).

Don't need to worry about unlocking the bootloader (isn't a bootloader to access IIRC), or to S-OFF.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: chrisb906

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I heard super one click doesn't work anymore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2091900&page=370 go to last post on that page and no you don't need to unlock bootloader that i know of?

rooting wise alot of methods work from installing a pre rooted stock rom to using one click apps and also kingo android root one click softwear

To root, I think the easiest way is to ODIN a rooted image over top the phone (but that wipes your data). Probably the most common way is to use an exploit, via SuperOneClick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02NrvxDZYA

To get CWM (if you didn't ODIN one on earlier), all you need to do is flash this in 3e recovery (didn't work for my Rogers phone, probably because it was made for AT&T).

Don't need to worry about unlocking the bootloader (isn't a bootloader to access IIRC), or to S-OFF.

Hope this helps.
    I heard super one click doesn't work anymore

well Kingo's one click does I have tested it many times and Odin's method as well