[GUIDE][XT1033] How to Run GPE ROM With Single SIM Working [KOT49H][Dual Sim Moto G]

Search This thread

dhruvpaul

Jun 19, 2014
Patna
Any way to revert back the process??

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

And yes.. The link of both of the ROM's is not working.. Can anyone please provide me woth a new link!

aqcohen

Jun 27, 2012
Download links not working.

Try this for GPE rom https://mega.co.nz/#!A0t1FTJJ!E4FR2ITYhx5OpNhGobEvChdeA8p92vevOIuEXwGyWdQ

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Your zip is most likely corrupt; you need to redownload or grab the 4.4.4 GPE Firmware Image which is now available:

do not use 4.4.4 GPE. Use 4.4.2 GPE

CosmoDroid

Jan 14, 2012
Last edited:

efeenes7474

Nov 29, 2014
I've been looking for the download link(s) of Retail 4.4.2 GB firmware, but had no luck finding any.
Luckily, I found the original firmware's .zip file lying around in my Downloads folder and will upload it to some kind of site ASAP.
(It's working like it did before, I tested it myself.)

anshugiri

Jun 30, 2008
Kathmandu
Can't get it to work

After I flashed the retail gb 4.4.2 firmware (was on stock 4.4.4 firmware), it will boot up fine but touch doesn't work. Any idea what the problem is?

aqcohen

Jun 27, 2012
After I flashed the retail gb 4.4.2 firmware (was on stock 4.4.4 firmware), it will boot up fine but touch doesn't work. Any idea what the problem is?

Do you have a flashboot screen log, any errors. I was trying to do the same a few days without success, because flashboot detected a downgrade.

funniba

Mar 8, 2012
Link not working

Thank you for sharing the GPE mirror link. I've added it to the OP.
If someone has a mirror to the 4.4.2 Retail-GB firmware, please PM me the link. I would also add it.

The new GPE mirror link is also not working... Please see to it... Is there anywhere I can download that file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys, like many of you I have been searching all over the forum on how to get the GPE Rom working on our dual sim variant of the Moto G. Most of us can do away with a single sim and seldom use the second one. After experimenting with the NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn, I found out that the GPE rom doesn't work even if we retain the fsg or modem from the Asia-Retail dual sim roms. So here goes the guide on how to make the GPE rom work with a single sim on the XT1033. You'll need to have adb and fastboot installed or download the minimal adb and extract the contents to the rom folder.

1) Flash complete stock 4.4.2 Retail-GB or (MIRROR- Thanks aqcohen) rom. You'll have a working single sim. (You can use the attached Retail_GB.bat. Copy it over to the extracted folder and run it.)

2) Download and extract The GPE or (GPE MIRROR- Thanks aqcohen) rom.

3) Replace the GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.bat with GPE_XT1033_KOT49H.M004_CFC.bat (attached) and run it.

4) You should now have the GPE rom with a single sim working.

P.S. This should work with other AOSP based roms like CM which are built for XT1032. Also you can try flashing 'only' the baseband (fsg.mbn) and modem (NON-HLOS.bin) of Retail-GB firmware and see if primary sim works on CM roms.

To flash specific partitions, edit the batch file accordingly.

Press THANKS if worked.
    Won't work!

Hey there!
    I've already tried and tested flashing Retail.GB modem/radio over AOSP ROMs like CarbonROM, LiquidSmoothROM, and it doesn't work.
    ParanoidAndroid does work on XT1033 [Single Sim] by flashing the extra file mentioned in the thread (here) but flashing the same file on other AOSP ROMs dosen't help (the same call not hanging up problem persists).
    From what I understand, Doublepranks has ported CM for XT1033 (here) and its the only AOSP ROM which works with single-sim enabled.
    I assume it won't be hard to merge AOSP based ROMs with Doublepranks's sources, but I suppose I'll wait until the official CM includes support for XT1033 (as mentioned on CM wiki -- read here).
    That is, until a more elegant solution comes along. Fingers crossed! :fingers-crossed:

Edit: By doesn't work, I meant to say partially doesn't work. Internet works just fine, but calling is buggy [can't hang-up the call/Can't receive calls].

Edit: PA is also AOSP. So that makes it 2 AOSP ROM which work with XT1033.
    I did confuse with

1) Flash complete stock 4.4.2 Retail-GB rom. You'll have a working single sim. (You can use the attached Retail_GB.bat. Copy it over to the extracted folder and run it.)

if "You'll have a working single sim." then it's finish step ? sorry to ask

No. By that I meant you'll have the stock Retail-GB rom with single sim functionality.
    can we flash aosp romsfrom recovery after flashing this?

For AOSP roms try this.

Flash Retail-GB firmware (or only the modem and baseband.)
    Flash Custom Recovery.
    Flash XT1032 AOSP Based rom like CM.
    let me try...

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Great!!!
    It have worked with Paranoid.
    Flashing the stock 4.4.2 Retail-GB rom and after if, flashing paranoid made it work with 1 sim on my xt1033...