[ROM] Cyanogenmod 7 Source Builds for Incredible (1/11/11) (Big speed increase)

Search This thread

slayher

Mar 27, 2010
I think it is because of the lack of hardware acceleration. So it can't test 3D and crashes. But quadrant scores never mattered to me. If it feels fast, that's what matters.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Its an issue with Quadrant.

If you dont feel you have hardware acceleration, try downloading neocore, and nena mark from the market, I think you will change your mind.
I am not sure where the idea that we have no HW 3d came from, but we have it.
You can also try Speed Forge 3d demo too.

Last edited:

gonzlobo

Nov 29, 2010
Chances are you're talking about /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 which is the second partition on your sd card. You're either like me and have it formatted to ext 4, which clockwork doesn't support, or, since you're asking about it, you don't have one. Essentially it's a benign error and nothing to worry about. My sig has more details.

When I do a nandroid, the scripts tells me it can't find sd-ext, refuses to back it up and continues the backup. My phone runs fine, but I would prefer to avoid the error. Note: I got cute one day and hand deleted lots (and lots) of stuff. Any idea how to fix it?

slayher

Mar 27, 2010
When I do a nandroid, the scripts tells me it can't find sd-ext, refuses to back it up and continues the backup. My phone runs fine, but I would prefer to avoid the error. Any idea what it is? Note: I got cute one day and hand deleted lots (and lots) of stuff. Any idea how to fix it?

Its not an error, its clockworkmod telling you that you do not have an sd-ext partition to backup.
If you have not setup an ext partition on your sdcard then you have no issue.

silverramsrt

Dec 12, 2009
NC
Chances are you're talking about /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 which is the second partition on your sd card. You're either like me and have it formatted to ext 4, which clockwork doesn't support, or, since you're asking about it, you don't have one. Essentially it's a benign error and nothing to worry about. My sig has more details.

Thanks, I didn't see that in your sig.
I have a tendency to overlook things.:rolleyes:

whiplash000

Jan 4, 2009
Just a friendly reminder: do NOT turn on compression in the DSP manager with headphones on or your ears will be violated in horrible, horrible ways. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Jikkan

May 9, 2010
Cincinnati
Since development pretty much stopped on OMGB (OMFGB), this has been the only GB ROM I've flashed, each build gets better and better. By the time HTC releases and update for GB (if they do), I believe CM will still have the edge. Hats off to the devs.

CM has been doing a great job as always. OMFGB is far from dead though. http://t3hh4xx0r.com/forum/ Mass props to CM though for all of their hard work across multiple phones and OS releases! Keep up the great work everybody!

4c 6f 6e 67 20 6c 69 76 65 20 52 32 44 6f 65 73 49 6e 63 21 20 68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 33 68 68 34 78 78 30 72 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 66 6f 72 75 6d 2f

Nov 14, 2010
Hey I have done a search and can't find it... loving this mod! However my signal goes from h to 3g maybe 20 times in the last 10 minutes. Any solution to this yet?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Pacifik

Jun 8, 2010
Pasadena
I only have one nagging bug and it's persistent. I work on a large area with multiple access points and if I move from one area to the next it won't switch routers. If I go into wifi settings it says it's scanning, but it's not reading the new routers and says the far away ones have signal when they definitely don't. Turning wifi off then back on fixes it, but it annoys me cause I'm always moving around.

||A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man||

Lexworth

Jan 10, 2011
I only have one nagging bug and it's persistent. I work on a large area with multiple access points and if I move from one area to the next it won't switch routers. If I go into wifi settings it says it's scanning, but it's not reading the new routers and says the far away ones have signal when they definitely don't. Turning wifi off then back on fixes it, but it annoys me cause I'm always moving around.

Yup. Same issue me and another Guy (rsarno) have been having. Apparently we are the only ones at the moment but its been going on with us since at least build 38. We've tried multiple things, radios, kernels, wipes, name it still can't get it to work right.

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Okay, here's a question.

When I sync with Facebook after doing a full wipe, it doesn't recognize certain contacts, namely the people with nicknames, yet it does for some nicknamed contacts. Is there any way to do a "perma-merge" so that it will recognize them all the time without me having to go through and sync 20% of my contacts manually? That would seriously make my day.

I'm a romwhore, and I'm damn proud of it.

m52 power!

Mar 6, 2008
Okay, here's a question.

When I sync with Facebook after doing a full wipe, it doesn't recognize certain contacts, namely the people with nicknames, but it does for some nicknamed contacts. Is there any way to do a "perma-merge" so that it will recognize them all the time without me having to go through and sync 20% of my contacts manually? That would seriously make my day.

I have this same issue and would like to know the same.

chris61292

Jan 20, 2010
GPS is giving me problems, particularly in the navigation app. It consistently says "checking navagation availability " .... build 51 stock kernel

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
Okay, here's a question.

When I sync with Facebook after doing a full wipe, it doesn't recognize certain contacts, namely the people with nicknames, yet it does for some nicknamed contacts. Is there any way to do a "perma-merge" so that it will recognize them all the time without me having to go through and sync 20% of my contacts manually? That would seriously make my day.

It is most likely something facebook might have to change and make work

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

p880782

Mar 31, 2009

ME 2,i need close the wifi and open again

morph3k

Sep 6, 2010
Jonesboro
Can you name any noticeable benefits from using that kernel off the top of your head?

While Cayniarb is the coder and it is all his work (i'm absolutely not taking credit for anything, he's great!) i have extensively tested these kernels from the very beginning and felt they were so superior to other kernels on froyo (I just flashed cm7 tonight so I will start extensively testing Tiamat v2.2.1) they are just extremely solid kernels. EXCELLENT speeds (Tiamat is the only kernel i've seen so far that can be stable at 1152mhz OC) and the battery life is superb. Thanks to slayhers work Cayniarb has been able to backport GB stuff into Tiamat and I believe it is the only other kernel at the moment aside from the stock one that slayher created that will work with CM7 or GB for that matter (I could be wrong though.)

I would just suggest to everyone to do a nandroid and test it out for yourself if you want to see if it gives you noticeable differences. Both slayhers kernel and Tiamat are very good in my opinion though, I just prefer Tiamat as I've done much testing and it is the only kernel that I thought was good enough to invest a lot of time into (i did a lot of risky testing, came up with the official rename from what it was to Tiamat)

Luckily for all of us we have really great AOSP Kernel dev's as of late.

Just try Tiamat out, see if you like it. If not, be sure to post what your problems were in the thread so we can try to resolve them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (All credit to Cyanogenmod team and a huge thank you to gridlock32404 for taking over until the official nightlies are back)

The builds I link to now are maintained by gridlock32404 and are built from the most current github code around twice a day. These are NOT put out by the official CM team but they are the same code that they would build from. Please keep any discussions about the older nightlies in the other "CM Nightlies" topic here. So with that, the current CM7 source build:

Recent Changes:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/

Known Issues:
    -USB mounting of any kind (fixed as of gridlock build #28)
    -LED blinking (fixed as of gridlock build #40)
    -Some people report location issues (I haven't heard any reports lately)
    -Rom Manager interaction with current Clockwork Mod is broken (fixed)
    -No hardware acceleration yet (appears to be huge graphics speed boost as of build #45 though)
    -Camcorder missing 720p (recording should now work though as of build #40)

Installation:
    Rom & Gapps Download (Torch app is now included):
    http://phones.crackflashers.com/inc/

Download both the Gapps and the CM7 zip files. If you download build 27, you will need a new kernel as the default one bootloops. I will still try to keep the list of known issues up to date with the nightlies so let me know if some bug is either fixed or appears as time goes on. The source builds are really coming together now so I highly encourage users to check them out! Cheers

Rule of thumb: If you are having issues and haven't already, do a clean wipe. Please lets keep bug reports down to what is actually wrong and not issues caused by upgrading from stable, nightly, or and older source build to the newest source build.

"First rule about crackflashers is we don't talk about crackflashing.
    Second rule of crackflashers is we don't talk about crackflashing.
    Third rule of crackflashers is we don't talk about changelogs."

I really, really miss you. My old friend CM7 thread. There may be others replacing you, but they will never really, replace you.

New Cyanogenmod 7 Nightlies Discussion
    D
    Deleted member 2227528
    ok I made a page with some of the mods that people always ask for, this way posts with links don't get buried. mods for 49 are posted

mattyg.me/cm7
    Hey guys, thanks for all the thanks. It was really my pleasure, I was in a funk with android before this and a bit burned out from it but now I am fully back in it and happly back.

Btw 55 is up for those who won't that last crackflash

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
    Ok from what I am seeing I think people are starting to "forget" what exactly they are flashing.
    Everyone needs to remember that the CM team has made no releases yet. Its labeled RC0, and new code is going in everyday. Sometimes things are going to break, sometimes features are going to removed then added then removed then added back. Sometimes regular apps may just not work (adfree) because this a new version of android using new and updated API's. Keep that in mind. To the CM team, you are flashing ALPHA software. Not beta, not a Release Candidate.

Just to restate some stuff that people who dont read all 133 pages:

This kernel has been patched with a backport of the .35 kernel in order for USB tethering and mounting to work. Flash a different kernel, and those features break. Period.

Second the kernel that is provided is what we have found to be the most capable, but most stable kernel for the most people. We are not using highly customized kernels with every acronym you can think of because we are going for maximum compatibility.

Third Make sure you have updated hboot, radio images. The newer seem to be working much better.

Forth, It you hate this and think its slow, great, dont use it. If you love it and thinks its the best thing to happen to your phone great, use it. The point here is choice, run what rom has the features and speed you want. If you want these features, but something isnt working for you ask for help, from others running the ROM. And dont forget its still ALPHA.

Gridlock doesnt have to do this. He has no reason other than to share the progress the CM team is making to everyone to see how nice GB is.