[Q] Galaxy 10.1 USB connection kit problem, USB sticks

Search This thread

buzter87

Nov 12, 2011
I've got an GT-P7500, and it will not read any USB Sticks.
Using the Samsung connection kit.
tried with 15 different USB sticks, all FAT32 formatted, all sizes 1-16gb.
A friend uses a 4gb stick in a GT-P7510, i tested that one, didn't work
Other things like usb mouse works, but not usb stick.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Wonder if there is something wrong with it.

ajnindlo

Oct 7, 2011
s.calf
How do you know it isn't working? What directory are you looking at? What does the notification bar show? Which connector are you using? Is USB debugging on?

Also this is more a Q/A...

drummerweed

Oct 12, 2007
I'm hoping this thread is still alive because I am having the same problem. @ajnindlo I'm using the standard Samsung USB Connector with a 8gb usb stick. I've tried with USB Debugging on & off and I get the same message. "Damaged USB" and asked me to reformat.
I am using a Mac BUT I did format the stick as a ms-dos fat format.
Please help...
Thank you

PS. I know this is more of a q&a place, didn't know where else to post and didn't find any other with this problem but here. Please redirect to correct location if you know of a solution. Thank you :)

Reactions: Pilsor

ekrichi

Jul 13, 2011
Just i hace received my USB kit and it works perfectly, my USB has 16 g and i haven't do anything to work, conected and work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Highriser

Dec 14, 2010
I had a 32 GB sd card and it also wouldn't be detected by my Galaxy Tab. But, I plugged it into my phone, plugged my phone into the computer, formatted the sd card and when I put in my Gtab, it worked.

brieuwers

Aug 18, 2011
IJmuiden
I got my connection kit today but its not working at all.
Got 2 adaptors 1 for sd card and 1 for usb connection they both dont work.
Got no status bar message or anything.
Do I miss something here?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

Reactions: ellokomen

ellokomen

Nov 30, 2009
one catch that I have realized is that for proper identification of the USB Stick, the tablet must be in english language.

My friend had a hard time figuring out why his tablet won't show up any notification when a USB Stick was connected, whereas mine shows the "My Files" app showing the storage folder and all the contents of the stick, joking around I told him that was because my tablet was in english and his tablet was not.

Anyway, Astro file explorer doesn't work with USB Sticks, Use ES File Explorer instead and look in /mnt/ folder for usbdrive , there should be your content.

Last edited:
Reactions: fec555

brieuwers

Aug 18, 2011
IJmuiden
Nope still not working. No files found.
Feels like my device doesnt support usb host.
Is that possible?

ellokomen

Nov 30, 2009
Nope still not working. No files found.
Feels like my device doesnt support usb host.
Is that possible?

Connect the usb stick, open ES File explorer and go to /mnt/usbdrive folder, if you can't find the folder (which is not on the sdcard) you need to configure ES File explorer to get out of the sdcard directory, the usbdrive folder is always present even if you don't have any usb drive connected

Last edited:

jrobin

Apr 8, 2010
I had similiar problems with my 16GB P7510. It would only recognize any of my Sandisk sticks and a brand new PNY only at 30% of the time. The only stick it was reliable with was an ancient 256MB stick I had. I worked fine with my camera.

I ended up returning it for a 32GB P7510 and have not had any problems with any of the sticks. At the time I didn't think the tablet was defective but it appears it was.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Solution ???

I'm hoping this thread is still alive because I am having the same problem. @ajnindlo I'm using the standard Samsung USB Connector with a 8gb usb stick. I've tried with USB Debugging on & off and I get the same message. "Damaged USB" and asked me to reformat.
Please help...
Thank you

PS. I know this is more of a q&a place, didn't know where else to post and didn't find any other with this problem but here. Please redirect to correct location if you know of a solution. Thank you :)

I have exact the same issue, but it's strange, some SD has this issue, some don't.
"Damaged USB"
I found a trick, but it solved my problem only once: format SD card by a digital camera (Canon powershot) , SD was now recognized by Tab10.1
Putting some extra files on it by PC ... insert SD to Tab10.1 ... same issue again :crying:

Have tried several SD formats & sizes ... notting helps :confused:

Did someone knows a solution to solve this problem :eek:

GT-P7510
Android 3.2
Rooted, TASK 14 Rom

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
I made the test by unroot my device and went back to factory stock ... it look like the issue is solved for 90% ... it appears when you disconnect and reconnect to fast after the 1st disconnection .

gautamcool12

Oct 12, 2012
zapworld.in
charging Problem

You must Check that Your usb Debugging is On or Not as it creates problems and this will be stopping You device from Accepting Usb Sticks..

bill2fm

Jan 23, 2009
Toronto
I found that FAT 'sdCard's would mount , but that NONE of my NTFS sticks would mount
All my sticks are NTFS , so that was unacceptable.

rooted 7500 and 6800

Installed 'Paragon NTFS&FHS', from the AndroidMarket and all files now popup in 'MyFiles' when I insert the usb with the adaptor

DaPhinc

May 12, 2012
I have the Samsung Connection Kit containing as USB and a SD adapter. The USB adapter works fine, but the SD adapter doesn't work at all. All it does is starting the TuneIn Radio app when it is connected. I uninstalled the app and now connecting the adapter has no effect at all. Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please help...
    Thank you

I got my connection kit today but its not working at all.
    Got 2 adaptors 1 for sd card and 1 for usb connection they both dont work.
    Got no status bar message or anything.
    Do I miss something here?

one catch that I have realized is that for proper identification of the USB Stick, the tablet must be in english language.

My friend had a hard time figuring out why his tablet won't show up any notification when a USB Stick was connected, whereas mine shows the "My Files" app showing the storage folder and all the contents of the stick, joking around I told him that was because my tablet was in english and his tablet was not.

Anyway, Astro file explorer doesn't work with USB Sticks, Use ES File Explorer instead and look in /mnt/ folder for usbdrive , there should be your content.