[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread
Mar 12, 2011
Columbia SC
I dont think thats it...He asked how to clear the Frequently Called list in the 'Contacts" tab of the phone app... Not the Clear Call Log option in the "log" tab of the phone app. I have wondered how to do that as well, so if anyone knows, please share.

Maybe the long way around to do this (haven't tested myself) but could you use call log backup, back up calls, edit the xml, restore the edited xml?
The only other way I have found is to clear the call logs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

s89281b

Oct 7, 2010
north charleston,sc
I dont think thats it...He asked how to clear the Frequently Called list in the 'Contacts" tab of the phone app... Not the Clear Call Log option in the "log" tab of the phone app. I have wondered how to do that as well, so if anyone knows, please share.
if you clear data in contact storage(manage apps, all apps) it will erase the freq called list but also clears contact. which isnt a problem if you sync contacts with google. if you dont sync then export to sd card then import them back after clear.

svfreddy

Mar 25, 2011
Maybe the long way around to do this (haven't tested myself) but could you use call log backup, back up calls, edit the xml, restore the edited xml?
The only other way I have found is to clear the call logs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Just tried this with great results:

Do a recent backup with the calllogsbackupapp, clear data from contacts storage (manage apps,All apps, Contact storage, clear data) Then restore call log via the app. DONE
Got rid of the frequent call list for me but still have my call log :D

Make sure your google sync is on or you do a contact backup because this might delete your contacts as well

Last edited:

cerobles1

Sep 10, 2011
Riverview
Am I the only one or DSPManager doesn't work? I tried to change several options in the program and there was no change to the sound coming from my headphones.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

robl45

Jun 27, 2010
is this supposed to auto switch between 4g and 3g and wifi like the gingerbread roms do? I see it lets me leave 4g and wifi on at the same time, but when I leave the house, it never connects 4g. If I go and turn off 4g and turn it back on, then it connects to 4g.

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
Am I the only one or DSPManager doesn't work? I tried to change several options in the program and there was no change to the sound coming from my headphones.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

I dont know if DSP has worked since CM9 to be honest. If you're not using a voodoo sound kernel then you can download Volume+ for free if you register on the developer's forums and this works for sure (I use it frequently to boost the output to my crappy car wired fm modulator).

http://androidaudiohacks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

TechnoGeezer

Dec 29, 2011
Metuchen, NJ
DSPManager works fine for me but only with Google Music app that was in the original Gaps package. Have used DSP since beta 1 (?) maybe; now on beta4 pre3.
Edit - it's actually Android Music app.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
Are you guys willing / able to enable the soft keys (Navigation bar)?

It's a pain to wait till I get into the office, decompile framework-res, update the xmls, recompile, reflash.

Thanks!

J.ust A. R.eally V.ery I.ntelligent S.ystem

Why? We have capacitive buttons. It would make no sense to have them enabled in stock cm9 for our device.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4

SwimDrewid

Why? We have capacitive buttons. It would make no sense to have them enabled in stock cm9 for our device.

I prefer the soft keys to the capacitive buttons. But your reaction to my query indicates I may be in the minority.

I am able to update this on my own, so consider this query closed.

Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: epicnoob66

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
I prefer the soft keys to the capacitive buttons. But your reaction to my query indicates I may be in the minority.

I am able to update this on my own, so consider this query closed.

Keep up the good work :)

I see no issue with your opinion if it was a toggle on/off feature. But to implement it as stock in stock cm9 would hardly make sense for a device that has capacitive buttons already. That's all I meant.

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
Stock Cm9 Beta4 Pre3, just had my phone freak out on me. Seemed framework bug related. All animations stopped functioning. Rotation, transition, crt off, ect. Power menu also would not come up. The phone also became slower and less responsive when this occured. Had to battery pull to resolve.

ae69ae

Dec 10, 2009
Miami, Fl
Stock Cm9 Beta4 Pre3

Issues and Updates on Beta4 Pre3

My phone randomly rebooted one time but I haven't had any reboots since.

LED Flashlight applications don't work (Brightest Flashlight, Flashlight + LED, etc). A Stock built-in LED flashlight would be nice. (If you know of any app that turns my LED into a flashlight on CM9 please let me know)

It looks like the battery life has improved. (Even with 3G, Gmail and Facebook Sync on 24/7)

Overall CM9 Beta4 Pre3 is running great and I recommend to anyone that wants ICS on their Epic.

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
They are working on the default torch app, but in the mean time, tiny flashlight + led works as it has since the early alpha builds.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: ae69ae

Top Liked Posts