[CF-Root 3.7][Universal] CF-Root Adaption for Galaxy Fit {Working For All GB Roms}

Search This thread

djozaa

Jan 15, 2012
i also had problems on emanon. on other works

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

varun sutar

Nov 13, 2011
mumbai
plz provide me the list of roms in which this kernel works!!!!
bcoz itz not workin on any of my roms
eg:- creeds 4.0 and stock and some others..
anyways will it work on any CM roms(including CM10.1)???

and plz tell me the perfect procedure for installing this cf-root kernel.
on which roms should i install,
how do i install?

bcoz everytime my bad luck!!!
it just gives me stuck at boot logo!!!!
so plz help guyzzz!!!!
asap!!
plz!!

gabyif

Jul 23, 2012
Bucharest
plz provide me the list of roms in which this kernel works!!!!
bcoz itz not workin on any of my roms
eg:- creeds 4.0 and stock and some others..
anyways will it work on any CM roms(including CM10.1)???

and plz tell me the perfect procedure for installing this cf-root kernel.
on which roms should i install,
how do i install?

bcoz everytime my bad luck!!!
it just gives me stuck at boot logo!!!!
so plz help guyzzz!!!!
asap!!
plz!!

He is not on fit forum anymore.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Copied From ChainFire's Post

This rooted kernel is for the "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root takes the kernel from an original Samsung firmware, and just adds root, busybox, and ClockWorkMod (CWM4/5) recovery. For Galaxy Fit You Need To Flash Clockwork Mod Separately. The Kernel is Custom Supporting Ext4 FS, OC, UV and other Features

THIS IS NOT A ROM - it is only a modified kernel. You need to have the relevant firmware already on your device. You do NOT need to wipe anything for this patch. You DO need to read the instructions. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST!

Donate
    Please Donate to Chainfire or Press Thanks button Here
    There have now been nearly 1.000.000 downloads of CF-Root for various devices (see for example Galaxy S1, Galaxy Tab 7", and Galaxy S2), and many more if you include ROMs, kernels, etc that use it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user had donated me $1... :)

Features
    - Root
    - Busybox v1.16.2androidminimal (from CWM)
    - Integrated CWM 4.0.0.2
    - Integrated Tweaks Manager
    - Running All Scripts in /system/etc/init.d
    - Custom Bootanimation Workin on All Roms
    CF-Root v4.1 and older
    - Superuser 2.3.6.1
    - In-Secure mode

Instructions - CWM
    - Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
    - Flash CWM Recovery.
    - Download the File To Your Sd-Card
    - Flash via CWM Recovery
    - No Need to Data Wipe
    - Initial/First Boot May Take Long Time,Very Long Maybe .

Other kernels
    Replacing CF-Root with other kernels and vice-versa sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't have a list.

When going from CF-Root to another kernel, root will usually stay, while CWM will be lost (unless the other kernel also includes it), but there should not be issues. The CWM Manager app may remain, but probably won't do anything useful. For Galaxy Fit CWM Recovery Wont Go Flashing Other Kernels

CF-Root/CWM4 is NOT compatible with ROM Manager! Manage/perform your backup/restores from CWM directly or using the CWM Manager application included with CF-Root

- ADB is functional in recovery, however it may take up to a minute for it to start up after booting into recovery.
    - When connected to ADB in recovery, you need to use "rootsh" command to get root, instead of "su". This will not prompt you, it will just give you root. Obviously the "rootsh" command does not work when booted normally.

CWM Manager
    Because of incompatibility with ROM Manager, I wrote and included "CWM Manager". This is a new app (as of March 30, 2011). You can find it under Applications -> CWM. It is much faster to use than manually booting into CWM and selecting these options.

Features:
    - Boot to CWM
    - Backup firmware
    - Restore backups (CF-Root v5.0: including partition selection)
    - Delete backups
    - Install APKs
    - Flash CWM3/4/5 update.zip's
    - Flash kernels (zImage, zImage in TAR, zImage in ZIP, zImage in TAR in ZIP) - without changing warning triangle status or increasing flash counter
    --- without changing warning triangle status or increasing flash counter
    - CF-Root v5.0: Flash complete firmwares (seperate files as well as .tar and .tar.md5 archives, dump files in /sdcard/external_sd/firmware folder)
    --- without changing warning triangle status or increasing flash counter
    --- can pre-root new firmwares during flash

Note: If you flash a different kernel, CWM Manager may remain installed. However, functions may not work, because they need kernel compatibility !

Custom boot / init scripts
    CF-Root will execute the following scripts if present, in the order listed:

- /system/etc/init.d/* (there can be many files here, no extensions! use #!)
    - /system/bin/customboot.sh (busybox sh)
    - /system/xbin/customboot.sh (busybox sh)
    - /data/local/customboot.sh (busybox sh)

Please make sure you chown / chmod the scripts correctly so they can be executed. Pretty much root:root / 755.

Custom boot animations and binaries
    CF-Root also supports custom boot animations:

- /system/media/bootanimation.zip
    - /data/local/bootanimation.zip

And custom boot binaries:

- /data/local/bootanimation.bin

Installing busybox over the included version
    It is possible to install a custom busybox over CF-Root v3.0 and newer. However, this is not without risk. CF-Root makes heavy use of scripting, and many CF-Root scripts rely on the internal busybox version. If you do install a seperate busybox version (always use "stericson" installer!), install it to /system/xbin. Installing it to /system/bin will mess things up for sure. Even if you do that part right, it may still break CF-Root, so make sure to make a backup before trying.

How ?
    I wrote my own toolchain to ease patching of initramfs, and that is what all this is based on. Took me a few days to get it to this state. If this works right, however, next time it will probably take me a few hours tops :)
    Downloads (Will Work On Every GB Rom Formatted to Ext4 Partition)

Initial Release-http://www.mediafire.com/?y8242yhozcgvok6 (Flash via CWM Recovery)
    Credits

-Chainfire (Please Donate Him or Press Thanks)
    -Special Thanks To Ketut.Kumajaya
    -zcop
    I read it ... But creed put something that made me confuse ... He put will work on every gb ext4 partition ... And the original post says its for stock ... So u tell me works on both or just in ext4 partition gb?

Sent from my GT-S5670L using xda premium

nt stock for us , because our stock kernel dosnt support ext4 ,which is required by the CWM,CWM app and tweaks manager !!! i will soon add a way to make stock roms cf-root and cwm supported !!
    Just Refreshed this Cf-root ..
    *Removed that Boot Splash of Creed(i forgot to remove it before :p )
    *New Kernel
    *OC upto 870Mhz
    *New Shedulers

I havnt tested it, cuz my phone has gone for repairing ...
    someone pls test if this is stable or not..so that i can add this to the main thread!!
    Flash via CWM ...working on all roms ;)