[Q] Prestigio PAP5400 DUO rooting & firmware downgrading help

Search This thread

Bobinux

Apr 26, 2014
Hello,
I'm having a problem with rooting Prestigio PAP5400 DUO smartphone. I had recently updated it to the newest firmware and later tried to root it with various software. SRSRoot couldn't do that, tough it showed, that previous firmware was rootable, so I am asking if whether it is still possible to somehow root it or can anyone help me with downgrading, there are firmware versions to download from official support page, but no idea how to downgrade and if it's even possible. The main reason why actually need rooting is to increase RAM thrue Ultra speed SD card, since quad core and 512 Mb RAM ain't exactly the best couple... Perhaps there is somethig else do that without the RAM managment software and root acess. I don't know if 125-50 or less free RAM is normal, since the aren't a lot of apps in it, and even if i clean them, they tend to restart sometime after, I don't want to uninstall them tough, just more RAM and for that I need solutions for the previous requests. Would be good enough to know if there is an expert that can solve these problems.

ART152

May 7, 2014
Prestigio PAP5400 DUO rooting

Upgrade, don't downgrade it and use Kingo Root. Mine is v.1.0.18. Be sure that your driver is instaled properly first. I don't think you can incrase RAM because stock kernel doesn't support Swap. Anyway I may be wrong.
Good luck.

Bobinux

Apr 26, 2014
Thank you, i used VRoot and it worked, got full root, still, you are right about swap memory, the stock doesn't allow it, still the cell phone is now significantly faster and less lag occurs due the privileges of having root acess for some cell managment apps. Just be careful if using VRoot, it also seems to behave as a spyware, probably China's intension :D

vincio3

Sep 22, 2006
Roma
help!

Thank you, i used VRoot and it worked, got full root, still, you are right about swap memory, the stock doesn't allow it, still the cell phone is now significantly faster and less lag occurs due the privileges of having root acess for some cell managment apps. Just be careful if using VRoot, it also seems to behave as a spyware, probably China's intension :D

i cannot install adb universal drivers...in win 7 32bit or win 8 x64...please, could u help me???

Bobinux

Apr 26, 2014
i cannot install adb universal drivers...in win 7 32bit or win 8 x64...please, could u help me???
Hmm, i got it working, by using Mobogenie now, the new version seems to be able to connect it to the pc normally. Try using it, the Vroot seems to risky to use on computer, atleast for me.

milewap

Sep 11, 2013
Belosavci
kingo root

I sucesfly rooted my prestigio 5400 duo,with kingo root app...on win x64 :) but no cwm recowery.Where i find cwm zip?Plz help :( sory to my bad inglis wrote...

zax981

Feb 3, 2015
ff

I sucesfly rooted my prestigio 5400 duo,with kingo root app...on win x64 :) but no cwm recowery.Where i find cwm zip?Plz help :( sory to my bad inglis wrote...

The easiest vai i found to root any phone, don it vith zte blade and pap5400duo
Instal Mobogenie app on phone and on pc
once all is instaled there are options toolkit for backup blabla,and for root, its easi as it ses
iv donn it ,

savo333

Jul 16, 2010
Ljubljana
Hi can someone help me with prestigio pap5400duo it is stuck on boot screen. I can not find any software for flashing this phone like Odin for Samsung. Phone is not rooted. If anyone can post link for firmware of the phone and software for flashing.