[Q] Which router?

Search This thread

katinatez

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks, I just made up my mind, I will go for the ASUS RT-N66U.
Dont know why you all prefer DD-WRT FW xD. Whats your fav feature in that firmware?
I think I will play with it a few weeks then, go for dd-wrt to try.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

You could also flash Merlin build for the rt-n66u, I have two of these routers. They are great.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I am about to build my own router and run pfsense. Just Google pfsense

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fenchai

May 10, 2011
You could also flash Merlin build for the rt-n66u, I have two of these routers. They are great.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I am about to build my own router and run pfsense. Just Google pfsense

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks buddy. I will check it out. it is coming this Friday I can't wait [emoji24]

fenchai

May 10, 2011
Guys, I got the router, it has double the range and speed of that of a cheap N150 belkin router. But it seems to have problem connecting on 5ghz even if it is close. i tried chaning freq. to 20 instead of 20/40 or 49 but it is the same problem, sometimes works, and sometimes it doesnt...

Jul 3, 2014
Which router?

okay I know it is not a proper thread xD had no choice...help pls

Hi guys, I have an ISP service of 4mbps, and that gives me about 250kBps i believe, which is pretty fast for my country, ok, its not fast but its okay.
I bought a crappy Belkin wireless N router and it was ok, gave me about 180kBps on download.
But it broke down...
So now im offering 100 bucks for a good router.. was going for a good ASUS ac router but N is cheaper, so I was not sure if I should buy such good router with ISP bottlenecking the router speeds..
What do you think folks!?
I need one with good range also!:)

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

I use Belkin only and I love it! Apart from that I have one from CISCO!