Froyo for AT&T/Rogers (build EPE54B)

Search This thread

webfrm

Nov 16, 2006
Still waiting patiently unlike most it seems

you want to sell the device because you didnt get an update 2 weeks earlier than you're supposed to? i would just sell it now then. seriously the update will be out before you know it, and years from now you will look back and think how silly you were. "man was i THAT upset over some software something or other?"

Well I'm looking in my drawer of old phones (6 of them) and smart phones (4 of them) so since on average I'm buying a phone every year I doubt I'll feel bad. But since Google is very vague on a release info then why did they release Froyo "accidentally" to the public? No offense to your idea but not really sure it was 2 weeks early. Seems every site from Gizmodo to Engadget and Blogger on Youtube has a Froyo on their N1, with no issues being cited. So again I'm annoyed on the delay with no information. So sorry but Apple never did that.

anyway i rooted over the weekend finally and tried cyanogen, then tried froyo. then back to cyanogen, pimped it out and it rocks. but now i loaded back up to froyo and finally enjoying it and testing it.

So your calling me out for being patient yet you already rooted and updated your device. Glad it's working so again my point is why the delay on the release if issues aren't there. If its a whole "let's see what Apple does" thing then it's lame. Folks buy Nexus phones cause we are techy, so a business power play thing is lame. Other android stuff is covered by the ads from Verizon and Sprint. They will more than make up the Ad fights with Apple going forward. So unless they are releasing Froyo on all devices and not the N1 then stop the delay. Sorry but wikipedia is already posting all the Gingerbread stuff so I would like my frozen treat by now.

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Well I'm looking in my drawer of old phones (6 of them) and smart phones (4 of them) so since on average I'm buying a phone every year I doubt I'll feel bad. But since Google is very vague on a release info then why did they release Froyo "accidentally" to the public? No offense to your idea but not really sure it was 2 weeks early. Seems every site from Gizmodo to Engadget and Blogger on Youtube has a Froyo on their N1, with no issues being cited. So again I'm annoyed on the delay with no information. So sorry but Apple never did that.

So your calling me out for being patient yet you already rooted and updated your device. Glad it's working so again my point is why the delay on the release if issues aren't there. If its a whole "let's see what Apple does" thing then it's lame. Folks buy Nexus phones cause we are techy, so a business power play thing is lame. Other android stuff is covered by the ads from Verizon and Sprint. They will more than make up the Ad fights with Apple going forward. So unless they are releasing Froyo on all devices and not the N1 then stop the delay. Sorry but wikipedia is already posting all the Gingerbread stuff so I would like my frozen treat by now.

i used my phone stock for 3 months before i finally decided to root about 5 days ago. so yeah, i was pretty patient. i didnt root to get froyo, i rooted to get cyanogen 5.0.7, which was totally worth it.

kkiran

Jan 7, 2006
Whatever happened to that Booker-T hack where you can root without unlocking the bootloader. If that surfaces, we can spring forward to rooting and getting Froyo'd!

I find it strange that Google is outright ignoring us, EPE54B folks. There must be some reason - poor sales numbers or something but for the same hardware, they have no reason to boot us out of the press releases or other builds from Google.

niematunikogo

Jun 24, 2010
Poznań
is there any confirmed HARDWARE difference between T-M and AT&T build?

I'm from Poland and it really makes no difference for me which build I would use (Polish 3g freq is supported by both). When buying N1 I've just made a random choice.. if there is no HW differences it would be possible to change software built?

can someone please clarify this for me? thanks!

kaiser_tytnii

Nov 15, 2007
Toronto
guys! why don't you try to root your EPE54B without unlocking the bootloader

i have been trying on mine but adb won't see my devices in recovery so i am pretty much stuck on step 4 or so...

can you guys give it a try if you want froyo so badly...

in that way, you keep your warranty while you gain root access to flash to any ROM of your choice.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710842
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710351

hope we EPE54B user can achieve root without unlocking the bootloader as well!

jjss75

Jun 26, 2010
I had a stock ATT EPE54B waiting for the Froyo OTA but finally gave up.
Checkin rumors on Froyo for us was making me sick.

so mine is rooted.

no more warranty i know.. but to come and think of it, N1 I believe was made to be rooted and a total geek phone. All the best custom roms, themes and updates are available at lightning speed for the N1 with great mods and extra features that the devs create.

Just wanted to give out a word those who are contemplating whether or not they should wait for the OTA.

Definitely backup first. everything will be wiped in the rooting process. flashed Paul's latest r19 rom from modaco straight from EPE54B and I had no problems of brick etc. Please just dont forget to update the radio, or else you wouldnt have wi-fi working.

Once uve got that done, you pretty much can flash any custom rom out there with wonderful themes/skins, tweak options you def cant do on official. and its so easy switching roms after doing the ONLY hard part.. rooting.

hope u guys do it.

niematunikogo

Jun 24, 2010
Poznań
well, my warranty is also lost now ;)

I bought my N1 1 month ago and have been patient till yesterday :)

I still dont have froyo but since i bought 32gb card I decidec that this is the best moment to follow wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Full_Update_Guide_-_Nexus_One_Firmware_to_CyanogenMod and now I'm waiting for CyanogenMod v6 which will be based on FroYo.

as for now I have this impression that v 5.0.8 (current) is a bit faster than Eclair and has more features.

niematunikogo

Jun 24, 2010
Poznań
OK. now I have a question:)

I had a stock EPE54B N1, and like I wrote above I have unlocked it and changed to CyanogenMod 5.0.8 ..

Today we have an OTA from EPE54B to Froyo...

question is.. can I apply this update?

should I firstly go back via recovery?? to EPE54B?

I would just like to check Froyo and then decide whether to use it or CyonogenMod 5.0.8 untill the version 6 based on Froyo will be out.

Thanks!

mharrissmith

Jul 16, 2008
Buenos Aires
Hey, I just read an article at Android and Me where they claim there is a new update for EPE54B build. Go check it out, I haven´t tried it yet (will update in around 6 hours when i get back home). http://androidandme.com/2010/06/news/att-and-t-mobile-nexii-receive-another-ota-update-frf85b/

Hope this is true.

Couldn´t wait, I am late for work but did the manual update and...I have Froyo on my Stock Nexus One!!! (it´s AT&T but i live in Argentina). Hope it works for everybody else. Word is that the OTA update has been released, but i did not see anything in my phone, so I took matter into my own hands.

jledesma

Dec 21, 2009
Just installed the version for the At&t/Rogers stock N1 and it took about 5 mins to install. Now a really happy Froyo user!

BTW I live in México using Telcel's 3G network. All my settings and data were preserved. Just had to reactivate swype.