[ROM] Official Sony ICS 4.1.A.0.562 NCB Generic + ROOT [Update: 15.04.2012]

Search This thread
Just used Flashtool 7 to update and I have to say. Sony.... Well done its very smooth and sleek but am a slight tad upset about the music player. Could of at least given us an update on that meaning the Xperia S version. But im sure someone will port it :D. Androx and binary.... Thanks for the amazing speed in finding a solution to allow us all to have ICS.

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Are you sure that's not only for Arc (LT15i) ? I have Arc S LT18i

Anyway here's the guide from your link for easier access:

-------------------

Flash three times with flashtool to make it work.

First time with these settings:

( ) Wipe User Data
(v) Wipe Cache
(v) Exclude system
( ) Exclude Baseband
( ) Exclude Kernal

Second time:

( ) Wipe User Data
( ) Wipe Cache
( ) Exclude system
(v) Exclude Baseband
(v) Exclude Kernal

Third time:

(v) Wipe User Data
( ) Wipe Cache
(v) Exclude system
(v) Exclude Baseband
(v) Exclude Kernal

--------

to me...the methop up not work...

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
I'm just thinking a while back I flashed with Wotan to a generic central Europe firmware. Could that affect why I can't flash??

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

deepthroat

Jan 27, 2008
How come it works for everyone but me :(

Have you tried this method ? You will need a working CWM. You will either stuck at Sony logo screen or successfully boot up.

If you stuck at Sony logo screen followed by an exclamation mark, proceed further with flashing ftf file provided in this thread. And see whether it can boot this time.

nikhil381

Apr 26, 2011
Lodi
Updating from 0.6.9.1

I installed flashtool 0.6.9.1 and used the update.zip to update the content... But I get different time and the check command

16/019/2012 10:19:26 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
16/019/2012 10:19:27 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.7.0.0 built on 2012-04-14 10:52:07
16/019/2012 10:19:27 - INFO - You can drag and drop ftf files here to start flashing them
16/019/2012 10:19:32 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging on
16/019/2012 10:19:33 - INFO - Connected device : LT15

Also i do not get no final check confirmation option... it comes as final check confirmation

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 156

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Thanks guys, amazing:

Just upgrade my Arc LT15a to Arc S with ICS :D

SOME TIPS:

1.- After installing Flashtool 6 and upgrading it to version 7, connect your phone to your PC once BEFORE flashing to ensure the prope drivers get installed

2.- After the flashing process finishes, disconnect the phone from the PC, wait some minutes, and if it doesn't reboot automatically then turn it on manually

You guys RULE

Reactions: ekin09

deepthroat

Jan 27, 2008
I have problem with battery drain - normal use of call, whatsapp, wifi ...down to 60% within 2 hours and 10 minutes? I am on latest version of DoomKernel, no OC but 100mV UV. Is it normal with this ICS things?

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Maybe it's to do with the drivers you have installed on your PC for your phone?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1582554

Guys ive tried that still getting no luck

Have you tried this method ? You will need a working CWM. You will either stuck at Sony logo screen or successfully boot up.

If you stuck at Sony logo screen followed by an exclamation mark, proceed further with flashing ftf file provided in this thread. And see whether it can boot this time.

I also had issues installing.
Just re-install the drivers from the new flashtool drivers folder. Its now working nice after that.!.

mo_3taz

Jan 14, 2010
cairo
finally update to ICS
firstly i made falshmood i choosed only wipe cache
i got this error
ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="MEMORY_CLASS";ERR_STATIC="HASH_VER";ERR_DYNAMIC="Final data verification failed";

then i flash it again with

wipe user data
wipe cache
no final verification check

and i got it successfully installed

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
I keep getting the failed to verify sin header error :(...what i dont understand is my batterry is full yet seus says failed to install please make sure your battery is fully charged and try again. Pc companion just stops installation.

Top Liked Posts