[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

CyberpunkDad

Nov 29, 2011
Oswego, IL
Well certainly some interesting reading lately. About the only thing I hope for in nightly builds is that the boot loader stays safe. And I say hope lightly because these are development builds. If stability is what is wanted there are plenty of other options to choose from.

That being said, I personally have found cm9 progressively better and better. Keep up the good work gents!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: harleydad82

Mll4eveR.

Mar 25, 2012
I'm still pretty confused, idk. stuff is going onto external instead of internal. I don't care too much. i'll just move the stuffs or whatever.

I guess you can move the stuff to wherever directory you want, but the thing is your phone wouldn't be able to recognize the directory you moved your stuff and will still save data on the folder your data (which you moved already) originally stored.

harleydad82

Dec 31, 2010
A full wipe ISN'T required as long as you don't care about NFC, or you didn't use an earlier NFC hack. I upgraded just fine and have had no issues from 4/17-4/19. Haven't tried using NFC yet though.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I think this is more of an android thing in general, but has anyone had issues with MMS sometimes not sending correctly? I've tried to send a picture, but sometimes it won't send until I try to send another picture (could be a week later). It's quite weird. I don't think it did this on my stock rom... I'm using handcent sms, but I don't think that makes a difference. Any reason why this would happen? Other times it sends just fine.

I just switched from an iPhone 4S a few months ago, but I've caught on pretty quickly. I was so used to iPhones sending and receiving MMS's so flawlessly that this is just weird for me. Don't worry, I'm not going back to the dark side. Just wanted insight into why this does this. Also is there a way to auto download MMS?

I have the same problem, sometimes I have to watch to make sure they send, even SMS sometimes. I wish I knew if it was handcent, I guess a easy test would be to use the stock messaging to send a text but it's so plain that I can't. Lol any ideas would help.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device this second time around. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9. - I update daily and give my feedback - but this is ridiculous.

I spend HOURS restoring every time. I can't do this again.
If you need that kind of handholding, you should NOT be running NIGHTLIES.

PERIOD.

Stop *****ing or go get yourself some Touchjizz handholding from Samsung, or wait for an actual RC release.

TheDude

Dec 10, 2010
Nixa, MO
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I need some hand holding :(

I seem to be storing cache files on my removable storage, anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot_2012-04-21-08-38-57.jpg

HellBunny

Nov 7, 2008
Just flashed 4/21. Now the internal card mount point reverse back to sdcard and the external card mount point is emmc. The Android storage property now thinks the external card is internal storage and vice versa.

Is this a glitch and will go back to 4/20 configuration in later build?

Last edited:

CyberpunkDad

Nov 29, 2011
Oswego, IL
Entropy/Task - was reading other gerrit commit noted for the 4/21 storage change but the old brain here couldn't grasp what they meant. If you feel like sharing your thoughts on it I know myself and probably others would find it enlightening. As always thanks in advance!

switters1

Nov 19, 2010
I have a practical question:

4/13 was great for me-- fantastic battery life,etc. The only problem was GPS was fubar

4/17 fixed GPS, but battery and compass now are not so great.

I would love to roll back to 4/13 but is there any way to make the GPS changes myself separately without flashing a new nightly?

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Entropy/Task - was reading other gerrit commit noted for the 4/21 storage change but the old brain here couldn't grasp what they meant. If you feel like sharing your thoughts on it I know myself and probably others would find it enlightening. As always thanks in advance!

Change Ie0976792: galaxys2: use internal storage by default

Does the same thing as going to Settings->Storage->Storage Configuration and ticking Use Internal Storage, just does it by default after a full wipe so that people with no external SD don't get errors in camera, gallery, etc...

Change I12231312: galaxys2: change storage description for internal sdcard to sdcard

This is just a visual change of the name for /emmc to sd_card as it displays in Settings->Storage->Storage Configuration and possibly other places

Hopefully this clears it up, it is by no means a revert of previous changes just a few updates/corrections to functionality.

bikeracer4487

May 27, 2011
Boulder, CO
So, I'm having trouble flashing CWM on this phone. This is my brother's phone as I myself have a GT-I9100 that already has CM9, but I can't seem to get this phone working with the computer in download mode. "Samsung Composite" or "Gadget Serial" never shows up in zadig and I can find no indication that the phone's connected to the computer while it's in download mode. Any advice?

HellBunny

Nov 7, 2008
Change Ie0976792: galaxys2: use internal storage by default

Does the same thing as going to Settings->Storage->Storage Configuration and ticking Use Internal Storage, just does it by default after a full wipe so that people with no external SD don't get errors in camera, gallery, etc...

Change I12231312: galaxys2: change storage description for internal sdcard to sdcard

This is just a visual change of the name for /emmc to sd_card as it displays in Settings->Storage->Storage Configuration and possibly other places

Hopefully this clears it up, it is by no means a revert of previous changes just a few updates/corrections to functionality.

Thx for the explanation. However, the mount points did get reverted after flashing 4/21. Removable storage is mounted on /mnt/emmc. Internal storage is /mnt/sdcard. Is it happening on my phone only?

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Thx for the explanation. However, the mount points did get reverted after flashing 4/21. Removable storage is mounted on /mnt/emmc. Internal storage is /mnt/sdcard. Is it happening on my phone only?

If you wiped or you hadn't ticked the Internal Storage option, the first change probably ticked it for you, just untick it and reboot, problem solved.

Reactions: HellBunny

apanihi

Oct 7, 2011
Los Angeles
Just a quick tip. Siyah keeps the emmc and sdcard the same. I flash Siyah on top and my storage stays the same.

Sent from SGH-I777 using CyanogenMod 9

tmckenn2

Nov 9, 2010
So, I'm having trouble flashing CWM on this phone. This is my brother's phone as I myself have a GT-I9100 that already has CM9, but I can't seem to get this phone working with the computer in download mode. "Samsung Composite" or "Gadget Serial" never shows up in zadig and I can find no indication that the phone's connected to the computer while it's in download mode. Any advice?

make sure you have the proper drivers installed. they are probably different. the best way to go about it is to put it in DL mode and connect it. if nothing pops up go to device manager and figure out which device it is. then delete the device. install pdanet (can uninstall after but does a good job with drivers) then connect phone and it should show installing device drivers... as to the program you are using i have never heard of it and dont know if it is compatible with i777

I have a practical question:

4/13 was great for me-- fantastic battery life,etc. The only problem was GPS was fubar

4/17 fixed GPS, but battery and compass now are not so great.

I would love to roll back to 4/13 but is there any way to make the GPS changes myself separately without flashing a new nightly?

probably. but it would take forever. if you'd like you can look at gerrit for a code review and also the source tree. you wont be able to get the kernel stuff without taking the kernel from the other rom (should handle wifi but then again...) the other changes are probably system files and can be done with a text editor. but any driver changes will be lost. to be honest it is way more trouble than its worth.

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas

Have you downloaded and installed samsung kies?? it installs the device drivers for it then it should be recognized by the pc correctly... had to do this for mine in the beginning hope this helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.