[TUT] CM9, CM10 fully working touchpads and O bug fixed

Search This thread

santiis2010

Jun 18, 2012
Montevideo
How to fix the touchpads on the Xperia Play in Cyanogen mod

This Works fine in CM9 - CM9.1 - CM10

We most edit the build.prop because there is a bug from the developers of CM!!!!

Edit this lines of the build.prop file from SYSTEM folder:

ro.product.model=Play

FOR ro.product.model=R800i
--------------------------------------------
ro.pruduct.brand=Sony

FOR ro.product.brand=Sony Ericsson
--------------------------------------------------------
ro.product.name=R800i

FOR ro.product.name=Xperia Play
---------------------------------------------------
Reboot the Xperia Play and enjoy!!!!!!

Now the O button problem in FPse are fixed and the touchpads in FPse and some android games are fully working!!!!!!!!!!I found this about 30 minutes ago when i was experimenting with the xperia play hehe!!!

Sorry for my english I am from Uruguay and i speak spanish!

I found this for my own! and I can not post in the developers section so I posted here because im a noob in this forum.

Last edited:

criskros10

Aug 20, 2012
Jajja oye no hay forma de tener cm en bootloaders bloqueados??? :S soy de mexico

Enviado desde mi R800i usando Tapatalk 2

grrrr_unt

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks! Does this work with CM9 too? How do the change in codes lead to the ability to use the touchpads, do you know? :)

santiis2010

Jun 18, 2012
Montevideo
Thanks! Does this work with CM9 too? How do the change in codes lead to the ability to use the touchpads, do you know? :)

In build.prop the model says Play but is R800i so the games and other things dosent recognize the xperia as xperia play, so when you change this in build.prop the games and apps recognize as Xperia Play R800i and all works fine :D

Last edited:

grrrr_unt

Jun 9, 2012
In build.prop the model says Play but is R800i so the games and other things dosent recognize the xperia as xperia play, so when you change this in build.prop the games and apps recognize as Xperia Play R800i and all works fine :D

Hahaha, that's quite funny, how it works! :laugh: I expected something more "code-y" :p

Omnicrash

May 18, 2012
How to fix the touchpads on the Xperia Play in Cyanogen mod 9.1 and 9.0!!!!!

We most edit the build.prop because there is a bug from the developers of CM!!!!

ro.product.model=Play

ro.pruduct.brand=Sony

ro.product.name=R800i

Now the O button problem in FPse are fixed and the touchpads in FPse and some android games are fully working!!!!!!!!!!I found this about 30 minutes ago when i was experimenting with the xperia play hehe!!!

I found this for my own! and I can not post in the developers section so I posted here because im a noob in this forum.

I've always suspected that might be the cause... but never thought to look into it myself, because I was sure ROM devs wouldn't miss such an obvious solution.

Anyway, I've been experimenting with it myself, and found that this doesn't always work (this breaks the controls in GTA3 for example). So I've done some individual research and copied the (almost) exact values from the official stock GB rom, and it fixes that!

These are all the values I used:

Code:
ro.build.product=R800i
ro.product.brand=SEMC
ro.product.name=R800i_0000-0000
ro.product.device=R800i
ro.product.model=R800i
ro.product.manufacturer=Sony Ericsson

I'm not sure if all of these are required, it probably will differ from game to game, but it's best to include all of these to get the best possible compatibility.

HOWEVER, even this isn't perfect yet:
- Touchpad and O button works in FPSE.
- Touchpad works in both Mupen64AE and N64Droid, however O acts as back.
- Controls completely work in Sonic SD.
- Controls are recognized and work in Trials 2 Xperia Play edition, HOWEVER: O button acts as back.
- Controls fully work in GTA3.

So it seems some games still don't correctly register the O button. I'll be doing some more experimenting with it in the hopes of finding a better fix.

I will also be releasing an update.zip to easily patch the correct build.prop values sometime soon.

EDIT: All testing I did was on the new JB CM10, but I'm fairly confident it should be the same for any 4.x rom.

Last edited:

jonytestXD

Sep 21, 2011
Are the touchpads working on the games or only in emulators? What about dead trigger the touchpads work with cm9.1?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

Omnicrash

May 18, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: jonytestXD

jonytestXD

Sep 21, 2011
So wich versión of cm9 you recomend to do this fxp133 or fxp 136?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

bigas

Mar 5, 2011
Well, that's wonderful news!

Do you guys have a clue if it would work with CM7 as well? I'll test it anyway and post results here.

Omnicrash

May 18, 2012
Alright, quickly put together and update zip for CM10. This fixes the gamepad/touchpads for CM10 ONLY. I will put up a CM9.1 compatible version tomorrow.

ONLY USE THIS ON CM10, and MAKE A FULL NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE TRYING!
CM10 Gamepad Fix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to fix the touchpads on the Xperia Play in Cyanogen mod

This Works fine in CM9 - CM9.1 - CM10

ro.product.model=Play

ro.pruduct.brand=Sony

ro.product.name=R800i

How to fix the touchpads on the Xperia Play in Cyanogen mod 9.1 and 9.0!!!!!

ro.product.model=Play

ro.pruduct.brand=Sony

ro.product.name=R800i

I've always suspected that might be the cause... but never thought to look into it myself, because I was sure ROM devs wouldn't miss such an obvious solution.

Anyway, I've been experimenting with it myself, and found that this doesn't always work (this breaks the controls in GTA3 for example). So I've done some individual research and copied the (almost) exact values from the official stock GB rom, and it fixes that!

These are all the values I used:

Code:
    ro.build.product=R800i
    ro.product.brand=SEMC
    ro.product.name=R800i_0000-0000
    ro.product.device=R800i
    ro.product.model=R800i
    ro.product.manufacturer=Sony Ericsson

I'm not sure if all of these are required, it probably will differ from game to game, but it's best to include all of these to get the best possible compatibility.

HOWEVER, even this isn't perfect yet:
    - Touchpad and O button works in FPSE.
    - Touchpad works in both Mupen64AE and N64Droid, however O acts as back.
    - Controls completely work in Sonic SD.
    - Controls are recognized and work in Trials 2 Xperia Play edition, HOWEVER: O button acts as back.
    - Controls fully work in GTA3.

So it seems some games still don't correctly register the O button. I'll be doing some more experimenting with it in the hopes of finding a better fix.

I will also be releasing an update.zip to easily patch the correct build.prop values sometime soon.

EDIT: All testing I did was on the new JB CM10, but I'm fairly confident it should be the same for any 4.x rom.
    Oohh sorry and thanks ;)

Are the touchpads working on the games or only in emulators? What about dead trigger the touchpads work with cm9.1?

Tried Dead Trigger and GoF2, touchpads work in both.

What about us on the R800x?

Should be almost the same, when I manage to make a working update.zip I'll also put one up for the R800x.
    Made some update zip's for all the LATEST versions of CM7,9,10.

CM7 and CM9 version are UNTESTED! Although it's unlikely anything will break, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Make a nandroid backup first, so you can restore should something go wrong.
    Then just flash one of these from recovery, according to what version of CM you have.

CM10 FXP136

CM9.1 FXP136 !UNTESTED!

CM7.2 FXP130 !UNTESTED!

I'd love to hear some feedback as to what works/doesn't work in what game/emulator, and what CM version you are running.