Samsung keyboard vs. Logitech PRO

Search This thread

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello, I read that many people like the Logitech PRO keyboard. It seems to be a bit heavy. Generally speaking, which is better? The official samsung keyboard or the Logitech PRO keyboard?

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
Depends on your use. I prefer the Samsung one, much thinner. The logitech makes the whole package too thick.
On the other hand the Logitech has the better keyboard and offers better protection for bothe the front and back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Shaderach

Nov 8, 2006
沈阳
The Logitech Pro definitely makes the entire package more book-like, and it also only has one angle setting AND it does not support portrait mode. Those are the only knocks against it, though. I love the keyboard. I use my Note PRO 12.2 for work and having a keyboard every bit as good as a laptop's is the critical feature for me.

The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to remap the hotkeys to my preferred apps. I want the internet key to launch Habit Browser not stock browser, for example. I know it's doable but I haven't had time to really grapple with it.

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello, unfortunately my options for keyboards are limited. The Logitech PRO is not available in my city.

This is my first tablet. How useful it is to have Android keys on the keyboard? There are two main types:

1) Android specific keyboards such as:

a) Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth keyboard (0.8lb)
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/BKB-10USWEGXAR

b) Samsung Compact Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard(not sure if the spec is correct 0.96lb)
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs-accessories/AA-SK7PWBB/US
I tried this one. It is very light but the keys are a bit too close. Easy to make mistakes.

2) Android compatible keyboards such as:

Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/bluetooth-illuminated-keyboard-k810?crid=26
I tried it today. Not sure about the weight compared with the Samsung's but the keys are very comfortable to type.

I am trying to choose between these three. Any suggestion?

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello,

Which of the following two Samsung keyboard is comfortable to type and lightweight?

1. Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth Keyboard EE-BT550
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/EE-BT550UBEGUJ

2. Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth Keyboard BKB-10USWEGXAR

I tried the NotePRO 12.2 Keyboard Cover with keyboard. Although it is light, it is not comfortable to type on due to the long raised strip from the ctrl key to the end arrow key. See the photo:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/EE-CP905UWEGUJ

Does the Logitech PRO keyboard has this problem? Too bad they don't make a white version. My device is in white color.

The Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 is very comfortable to type on but heavier to carry than the above mentioned Samsung keyboards.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnesus

nychotxxx

Nov 26, 2013
As a writer, I've been using the samsung bkb10 bt kb and love it. It's light, fast, with great tactile feel, and it has a number of hot keys for the note pro 12.2. It's white and I use it with the great samsung s action mouse. My black 32 gb tab is in a black moko slim case. I didn't want a permanent case-kb like the logitech. I can fit my tab, kb and mouse in a bag a little over an inch thick. Together, the case, kb and mouse cost me $65.00. It's a great set up.

Hello,

Which of the following two Samsung keyboard is comfortable to type and lightweight?

I tried the NotePRO 12.2 Keyboard Cover with keyboard. Although it is light, it is not comfortable to type on due to the long raised strip from the ctrl key to the end arrow key. See the photo:

Does the Logitech PRO keyboard has this problem? Too bad they don't make a white version. My device is in white color.

The Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 is very comfortable to type on but heavier to carry than the above mentioned Samsung keyboards.

Thanks.

Agrajag27

Oct 12, 2011
Sewell, NJ
I too am a writer and I'm trying to get by with the Logitech Pro. I opted against the Samsung keyboard because of its raised edges on the lower corners. So far it's a mixed bag. It's just fast enough for me, comfortable and quiet. However, it doesn't put the device to sleep when you close it, doesn't have an obvious (or possibly any) way to reassign macro buttons and the browser macro button always asks you to choose the browser you want if you have more than one installed.

Agrajag27

Oct 12, 2011
Sewell, NJ
Spere, do you say that because you've found it to work? Frankly, I grabbed the demo and am entirely confused by it. I don't see anything about how to reassign buttons. I tried to scan the keyboard scan code but it doesn't work. Instead of providing a scan code it just loads the app Logitech assigned. Makes me think it's hard-coded.

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Spere, do you say that because you've found it to work? Frankly, I grabbed the demo and am entirely confused by it. I don't see anything about how to reassign buttons. I tried to scan the keyboard scan code but it doesn't work. Instead of providing a scan code it just loads the app Logitech assigned. Makes me think it's hard-coded.

I said it as an idea. I use that app with my old Logitech keyboard. If buttons seems to be hard coded, don't know would shortcut be changeable if you somehow find key codes for those button? I can also try it tomorrow..

Agrajag27

Oct 12, 2011
Sewell, NJ
For what it's worth, I spoke to Logitech support today and they essentially were useless. They said this keyboard has hard-coded application keys that cannot be changed and that the browser bug isn't a bug. The old, it's a feature! You get to pick which browser you want every single time you hit the button.

banditboy13

Oct 1, 2012
Does Samsung Keyboard support Arabic?

hi,

just a quick question, does any of both Samsung Keyboards support Arabic? or can be added in any way?

Thanks

piratashitzu

Jan 13, 2011
RIO DE JANEIRO
The Logitech Pro definitely makes the entire package more book-like, and it also only has one angle setting AND it does not support portrait mode. Those are the only knocks against it, though. I love the keyboard. I use my Note PRO 12.2 for work and having a keyboard every bit as good as a laptop's is the critical feature for me.

The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to remap the hotkeys to my preferred apps. I want the internet key to launch Habit Browser not stock browser, for example. I know it's doable but I haven't had time to really grapple with it.

Settings > General > Default Applications
Just change default internet browser

Agrajag27

Oct 12, 2011
Sewell, NJ

Settings > General > Default Applications
Just change default internet browser

Here's my question: Have you tried this yourself or just basing this on common knowledge? Why do I ask? Because, at least for me and on every Note Pro I've tried with that keyboard (took it to the store to try a few units) that doesn't work.

One of the main bugs of the keyboard is that when you hit the Browser macro button, it doesn't matter what browser is set as the default. It's going to pop up a dialog box asking you to choose the default. No matter what you hit next (Always or Just Once) it will ask again and again and again. It's actually in your best interest to say Just Once. Why? Because wasting your time by saying Always will just cause another box to pop up telling you how to clear the default setting later if you don't want that. Saying Just Once at least skips that step.

I'd be curious to see what would happen if you only have one browser installed but both "Internet" and "Chrome" come preinstalled on the device so there's no testing that unless you root and freeze one of them. I haven't had the need to root yet so I haven't.

Last edited:

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
I'd be curious to see what would happen if you only have one browser installed but both "Internet" and "Chrome" come preinstalled on the device so there's no testing that unless you root and freeze one of them. I haven't had the need to root yet so I haven't.

If I'm right, you don't need to have root to freeze Chrome

Go settings - general - applications - all - find Chrome from list and choose it - select Turn Off

I don't have my NP with me right now, so I'm not sure if that path is correct, but you'll find it :)

Agrajag27

Oct 12, 2011
Sewell, NJ
If I'm right, you don't need to have root to freeze Chrome

Go settings - general - applications - all - find Chrome from list and choose it - select Turn Off

I don't have my NP with me right now, so I'm not sure if that path is correct, but you'll find it :)

Thanks for that. It actually helped gain more insight into the problem but doesn't actually provide a solution.

So, turning off Chrome allows the Browser key to work without annoyance. The only problem is, it only works for the default Browser called "Internet". There is no way to turn off that browser.

It got me wondering about the other keys. I want my own calendar app to launch but turning off the default calendar seems risky.

Graeme H

Jan 17, 2010
I have the Logitech keyboard and I really like it. I was worried about the extra weight and thickness but I'm glad I went with this one. It feels more like an actual notebook in terms of utility because it's easier to bring it around with me or throw in a bag without it getting damaged.

There are a couple issues that I did have which may not be specific to this keyboard. One was that when you hit space while still holding down shift it does not insert a space and instead displays the current language which is super annoying (apparently I hit space before releasing shift A LOT). You can fix this by simply changing to a different virtual keyboard app (eg: the default google keyboard or swiftkey). The other issue I had is that the back button is in the position where you normally have escape key but it doesn't always seem to function the same as escape would. I think it is actually a different key code. I fixed that by remapping caps lock to escape (so now I have no caps lock but I never use that anyways).

xigam

May 12, 2009
Has anyone got the F1-F12 function keys to work with this? So far when I hit FN+MACRO it will just open the browser or calendar or whatever.. I was hoping this wouldn't be the case.

The ZAGG keyboard and Samsung keyboard has blue F1-F12 keys on them, so I was hoping this one would function that way also.. It's really annoying when using remote desktop.

So far I haven't been able to find any way to remap the keys on this thing..

I'm really hoping some more keyboard options emerge for this tablet..

Agrajag27

Oct 12, 2011
Sewell, NJ
I'm afraid we're all pretty screwed with this tablet with regard to keyboards. The Samsung keyboard is fully functional but doesn't hold the tablet. It just sits in a slot in the keyboard so it's unstable when sitting in bed, etc. The Zagg is very low quality and this one is the best of the lot but has a number of seemingly permanent problems that Logitech appears to have zero interest in addressing. I used to have some pull over there years ago but now my e-mail to upper management didn't even get a reply.

Reactions: squartascale

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [*] The downside of that security is taking it out isn't an easy task, and I fear (based on Samsung's history) that repetitive use will damage the chrome paint around the edges. This looks a lot worse than it sounds and is why I ended up replacing my S4 with the HTC One (M8) as soon as I could.
    [/LIST]

We (women) found a solution to that particular problem decades ago.

0360734919358_500X500.jpg

That's the one I use to protect anything fake-silver from chipping, erosion and scratching. (be it jewelry or hardware)
    Rimmel Salon Pro Lycra 421 Clearly Clear. It's kept my Note 3 and Note pro's silcer bezel in mint condition. And my Note 3 is almost a year old and has shared it's space with keys, tight bags, plastic suitcases and cats. Not a single mark on the bezel.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    As a writer, I've been using the samsung bkb10 bt kb and love it. It's light, fast, with great tactile feel, and it has a number of hot keys for the note pro 12.2. It's white and I use it with the great samsung s action mouse. My black 32 gb tab is in a black moko slim case. I didn't want a permanent case-kb like the logitech. I can fit my tab, kb and mouse in a bag a little over an inch thick. Together, the case, kb and mouse cost me $65.00. It's a great set up.

Hello,

Thanks.
    I too am a writer and I'm trying to get by with the Logitech Pro. I opted against the Samsung keyboard because of its raised edges on the lower corners. So far it's a mixed bag. It's just fast enough for me, comfortable and quiet. However, it doesn't put the device to sleep when you close it, doesn't have an obvious (or possibly any) way to reassign macro buttons and the browser macro button always asks you to choose the browser you want if you have more than one installed.
    Hello,

Thanks.
    doesn't have an obvious (or possibly any) way to reassign macro buttons and the browser macro button always asks you to choose the browser you want if you have more than one installed.

You can try External Keyboard Helper Pro for that