[Q] Greenify "Keep notidfications" feature not working as expected

Search This thread

nilanko

Jun 2, 2014
New Delhi
Has anybody tried the xposed framework? Phone is rooted and I want to use the "keep notifications" feature which requires xposed. I have read the xposed threads and it seems like its very unstable n had loads of bugs and can also almost brick the phone. Has any body tried greenify with xposed? Has anybody installed xposed successfully on moto g?Are there any problems on moto g due to xposed?

Thanks guys for the help. I did install and activate it and rebooted. I activated the greenify module and rebooted again. Then I turned on the "keep notiifcations" feature in greenify and rebooted yet again. Now another problem quietly bombarded upon my face. I am simply not getting any notification for the hibernated apps. For example, let's take the Facebook's messenger app. It is hibernated. I asked my friend to send me a message just to see if I got any notification. I simply didn't. Any solutions to this?

Last edited:

chirag03

Nov 10, 2012
new delhi
Noo... nothing like that u cn use....i m using it...also have more modules too..nvr had any problm.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Has anybody tried the xposed framework? Phone is rooted and I want to use the "keep notifications" feature which requires xposed. I have read the xposed threads and it seems like its very unstable n had loads of bugs and can also almost brick the phone. Has any body tried greenify with xposed? Has anybody installed xposed successfully on moto g?Are there any problems on moto g due to xposed?

Xposed gets unstable if you use lots of modules and especially some exotic ones.Otherwise you wont even notice that it's there.

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
I concur. Used Xposed with the GravityBox and BootManager modules for several months on my previous phone and never had any problem. I guess you could get bugs if you activate different modules that perform the same modifications, though. They might conflict with one another, I guess.

nilanko

Jun 2, 2014
New Delhi
Thanks guys for the help. I did install and activate it and rebooted. I activated the greenify module and rebooted again. Then I turned on the "keep notiifcations" feature in greenify and rebooted yet again. Now another problem quietly bombarded upon my face. I am simply not getting any notification for the hibernated apps. For example, let's take the Facebook's messenger app. It is hibernated. I asked my friend to send me a message just to see if I got any notification. I simply didn't. Any solutions to this?

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
Yes : uninstall Greenify :)
I never noticed any real difference in battery life.

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
I am seriously considering giving up on greenify for a while and see if it goes well, maybe back to use ART in this case for uninstalling xposed. I feel the battery impact is not that huge at all.

nilanko

Jun 2, 2014
New Delhi
Yes : uninstall Greenify :)
I never noticed any real difference in battery life.

I am seriously considering giving up on greenify for a while and see if it goes well, maybe back to use ART in this case for uninstalling xposed. I feel the battery impact is not that huge at all.

Guys, I don't use Greenify for saving battery, I use it for getting some free RAM. These apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, etc always keep running in the background and hog memory and impact game performance. Also, when these apps receive messages and a notification comes up, the running game lags for some seconds badly. One solution is turning the wifi off. But still, these apps do try to connect when running in the background and thus they do have some sort of activity going on. Also, they eat RAM and depriving the game of memory and thus slowing it down.

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
Guys, I don't use Greenify for saving battery, I use it for getting some free RAM. These apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, etc always keep running in the background and hog memory and impact game performance. Also, when these apps receive messages and a notification comes up, the running game lags for some seconds badly. One solution is turning the wifi off. But still, these apps do try to connect when running in the background and thus they do have some sort of activity going on. Also, they eat RAM and depriving the game of memory and thus slowing it down.

In that case simply enable "GCM Push notifications" on experimental features, all the pushes that come within GCM will work properly - well, quite properly since it lags the notifications a bit on my end.

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012

Oh OK. I don't play on my phone so wasn't aware of this, sorry.