[Q] Unlock bootloader

Search This thread

plamen97

Jul 23, 2011
Hey guys. I'm trying to unlock my booaloader of my Xperia Z C6603.
When I go to the service menu and check it says "Bootloader unlock allowed: No".
The point is, that I haven't bought my phone from a carrier, it's unlocked from factory and I don't know why I can't unlocked it

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
If it says "No", then it's permanently locked.
Did you purchase it brand new, directly from a store or used from a third party?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I bought it second hand from ebay
Then it's possible that the seller flashed generic software on a carrier supplied phone that they network unlocked before selling it to you.

You should contact Sony support and they should be able to confirm this if you supply your IMEI number.

plamen97

Jul 23, 2011
Then it's possible that the seller flashed generic software on a carrier supplied phone that they network unlocked before selling it to you.

You should contact Sony support and they should be able to confirm this if you supply your IMEI number.

I contacted Sony and my phone was branded to Three UK, so I can't unlock the bootloader :(

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I contacted Sony and my phone was branded to Three UK, so I can't unlock the bootloader :(
Sorry to hear that.

Did the seller advertise it as an unbranded phone? Perhaps you can contact eBay to see if something can be done, even if it's some time after purchase. It's worth a try.

plamen97

Jul 23, 2011
I was just thinking, what will happend if I try to unlock the BL with flashtool? Will it brick my device?