4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

dkephart

Jun 21, 2010
Land O'Lakes
Nope. This has happened to a lot of people in the thread. It's still locked. Some have reported that a few restarts makes it go away, but not everyone. It just triggers when the system has even the slightest thought that you've changed anything (even when you haven't).

I see.... The sensitive side of Samsung on AT&T.... lol

dwanhala

Sep 9, 2010
Use a root explorer and you should be able to copy the file onto your sdcard. The name if the file should be something like 2400258.cfg (this was the FIRST download so the new one should have a different name but be close to this.) Just look for the .cfg file
You can use the root explorer to search for .cfg file or give me a few minutes and I can hopefully remember where it gets downloaded to.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

They seem to have kept the same file name. The .cfg file that's building in my /cache fota folder is the same name 2400258.cfg......download still only at 34%. Looks like it should still be dowloading when I get back from my meetings.

Reactions: RockRatt

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
They seem to have kept the same file name. The .cfg file that's building in my /cache fota folder is the same name 2400258.cfg......download still only at 34%. Looks like it should still be dowloading when I get back from my meetings.

I could be wrong but I am thinking it is in cache/fota

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Reactions: dwanhala

dwanhala

Sep 9, 2010

Yep, that's where I'm seeing it build. DL is at 60% now. Now I'm just hoping that it finishes before I leave for the day, otherwise I won't get at it until late tonight as I'm traveling for the holiday.

dwanhala

Sep 9, 2010

Well, that's interesting. Went away from my office, came back, and the update was no longer downloading and phone's telling me that I'm up to date. I'll mess with it later I guess. Sorry, thought that I'd have that download for you today.

Demigod121

Feb 27, 2008
Stanton, CA
Did the MF3 to MJ9 sideload update, then got the OTA update notification so I downloaded and installed it. Everything seems to be working just fine. I'll report any issues I come across.

Last edited:

troybklyn

Aug 31, 2008
You can perform the update by "adb sideload". I believe that the update through stock recovery will factory reset your phone (i.e., wipe out every personal data from your device). Correct me if I'm wrong.

So ur saying it would be possible through stock recovery? Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Is the newest 4.3 update worth updating to and if so how should I do it? Also will the free hotspot mod(tetheringprovision.apk) work on it? Is this update even more locked down then Mf3 and does safestrap and root work on it yet?

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Yes let us know. You are correct, the first one was 719.16mb size. Hopefully someone that is rooted can grab the downloaded file BEFORE they go to install it

Those updating from MF3 to MK2....has anyone been able to capture the entire 727mb update file? So far I have only seen the small 28mb update file for those updating from MJ9 to MK2.

brobinson2102

May 21, 2011
Fayetteville, AR
It is most likely somewhere in /cache.

Upndwn,
I just triggered the download from AT&T.
727.56 mb
I see the cfg file in the cache/foto directory.

Not exactly a speedy download... Yawn.

First, do you still need this?

Second, when this finishes downloading, will I have a chance to stop the update from being applied so I can copy it to my laptop? If not, what do you need me to do?

Thx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

redhonker

May 11, 2008
I just bought a new one from AT&T, SAMSUNG-SGH-I337. It has Android 4.2.2, Build number JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3.

Check update and it says it's up to date. What's missing?

I have not rooted the device. If I do it now, do I need to "unroot" in order to update? If so, how?

Thanks

brobinson2102

May 21, 2011
Fayetteville, AR
I just bought a new one from AT&T, SAMSUNG-SGH-I337. It has Android 4.2.2, Build number JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3.

Check update and it says it's up to date. What's missing?

I have not rooted the device. If I do it now, do I need to "unroot" in order to update? If so, how?

Thanks

Set your date ahead a day at a time and keep retrying. It'll eventually trigger the update. I just got minor Sunday and I just forced it about three times this evening and it's downloading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts