4.4.2 Kit Kat (i9500) Root Method I9500XXUFNB3

Search This thread

gp545

Jul 7, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
There are many alternate ways to disable Knox and get working Root and Superuser. The one which I find easy.

Required ingredients:

Firmware package, Odin, CF-AutoRoot, SuperSu v1.93 apk.

1. Flash Firmware through Odin and skip all initial setup or just finish all of them.

2. Flash CF-AutoRoot and Reboot.

3. Install SuperSu v1.93 apk or update SuperSu through Play Store.

4. Open SuperSu apk and it'll prompt saying something like " Disable Knox .......". Just hit Yes, disable it.

Done. Working Root with Disabled Knox ;)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

pinktheater

Checkout the First post . There was something missing to do just after flashing the rom and before go rooting.

For some reason if you don't remove Knox you wont be able to root. The quicky fix is on the main post. :good:

Yesterday, I didn't remove any knox and I was able to root the phone using Philz :confused:

Should I remove knox with the script anyway?

Edit: I just noticed why it worked for me. When I used Philz to return root, I immediately flashed SuperSU.

Once the phone booted, I opened SuperSU and it asked to disable Knox, i pressed Yes and done (just like @gp545 just said).

Root working without many reboots.

Last edited:
Reactions: gp545

leboreiro

Jun 13, 2013
Raccoon City
Yesterday, I didn't remove any knox and I was able to root the phone using Philz :confused:

Should I remove knox with the script anyway?

You should remove it otherwise it will be triggered on time to time and that's very annoying. Some times knox can defuse the root. Just flash the zip and u won't have any problems

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

vanthanhtinbk

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks!

Root Method for this new release (Tested and worked flaweslly on Russia SER I9500XXUFNB3 released today 20/02/2014)

After you fresh install the rom you need to deknox your phone otherwise it wont work. So here we go.

1) Go and Download the " philz_touch_6.12.8-i9500.tar.md5 " located on this website
http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/i9500

Install latest "philz_touch_6.12.8-i9500" via ODIN 1.85 Odin 1.85 For Rooting

Now go to the Philz recovery you just installed with odin..

-Flash the Deknox Removal Script <-- Click Here to direct download (VIA RECOVERY)
(Original DeKnox Thread) <-- Click Here to check out the hole theme (optional not needed)

After you flash the Knox removal script you are ready to go rooting your device.
Now go to
-Philz Options / Choose Re-root system / Choose Yes Apply (SuperSu)
-Wait until it finish, Reboot and install SuperSu from playstore
-Once installed, Open SuperSu app / It will ask you to update binaries click on Update as normal (NOT TWRP)
-Once binaries are installed reboot your device
-Root done.
This way work 100% with my phone. Thanks one more :good: :cowboy:

polarworks

May 1, 2010
Guatemala
www.youtube.com
leboreiro thanks with your help I could Root my S4, but Philz Recovery it does not allow to install ZIP files it damages the starting of the system, I had to return to insalar KK by odin, have some solution?

leboreiro

Jun 13, 2013
Raccoon City
Are you sure you installed a compatible zip file with you phone? I use the same recovery with a lot of mods installed and no problems so far.

Rockreaper

Aug 6, 2012
Root Method for this new release (Tested and worked flaweslly on Russia SER I9500XXUFNB3 released today 20/02/2014)

After you fresh install the rom you need to deknox your phone otherwise it wont work. So here we go.

1) Go and Download the " philz_touch_6.12.8-i9500.tar.md5 " located on this website

-Flash the Deknox Removal Script <-- Click Here to direct download (VIA RECOVERY)
(Original DeKnox Thread) <-- Click Here to check out the hole theme (optional not needed)

After you flash the Knox removal script you are ready to go rooting your device.
Now go to
-Once installed, Open SuperSu app / It will ask you to update binaries click on Update as normal (NOT TWRP)
-Root done.
Awesome you rock!!!!

azi43far

Feb 3, 2010

Now go to
-Root done.

----
Working 100%

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now go to
    -Root done.
    Links fixed. Tested and fully working

There are many alternate ways to disable Knox and get working Root and Superuser. The one which I find easy.

Required ingredients:

Firmware package, Odin, CF-AutoRoot, SuperSu v1.93 apk.

1. Flash Firmware through Odin and skip all initial setup or just finish all of them.

2. Flash CF-AutoRoot and Reboot.

3. Install SuperSu v1.93 apk or update SuperSu through Play Store.

4. Open SuperSu apk and it'll prompt saying something like " Disable Knox .......". Just hit Yes, disable it.

Done. Working Root with Disabled Knox ;)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    :good:

Now easy method by Kingo Android Root 1.2.0

just give it a try ;)

Always will prefer mine :highfive::good::fingers-crossed:
    The Steps is

1) in Odin Flash Philz
    2)In Philz Recovery Re Root
    3) Download SuperSU
    4)Remove Knox and update BInary
    5)Flash this new zip DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0

I am in the correct thing????

No dude.. Before you root anything flash the Knoxremovalscript ..

1 ) install rom.
    2) oding flash philz
    3) flash knox removal
    4) root the phone with the steps on the main post.! :victory: