[Q] Need help with rooting Galaxy Note 3 N900W8

Search This thread

Doodless

Jun 21, 2014
I need help with rooting my Galaxy Note 3. I've never rooted a phone before so I am new to this. I've read some of the posts and understand a bit, but they're all confusing as there are quiet a few posts out there on how to root. I'd like to get some help on which correct tools and stuff I would need to download to help me root my phone. Preferably I would like to stick to stock ROM, or a custom ROM closest to stock without the Samsung bloatware. My phone model is the SM-N900W8, running on KitKat 4.4.2, with a baseband version of N900W8VLUCNB7, and Kernal 3.4.0-859721.

zelenko

Jun 4, 2010
Skopje
I need help with rooting my Galaxy Note 3. I've never rooted a phone before so I am new to this. I've read some of the posts and understand a bit, but they're all confusing as there are quiet a few posts out there on how to root. I'd like to get some help on which correct tools and stuff I would need to download to help me root my phone. Preferably I would like to stick to stock ROM, or a custom ROM closest to stock without the Samsung bloatware. My phone model is the SM-N900W8, running on KitKat 4.4.2, with a baseband version of N900W8VLUCNB7, and Kernal 3.4.0-859721.

Do you try with towelroot ? its a one click app
http://towelroot.com/

download apk, click make rain and voala, root

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg

Doodless

Jun 21, 2014
Do you try with towelroot ? its a one click app

download apk, click make rain and voala, root

If I were to use Towelroot would I be able to factory rest my phone and it'll still be rooted? Also do I need to do anything else after using Towelroot?

-update- using Towelroot did not work for me

Last edited:

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks I've read the other post too. I wouldn't have any to do anything after flashing the file through Odin right? Also would I be able to factory reset my phone no problem and keep my root?

Nothing to do.

You can do factory reset no problem but you might loose root, but just repeat the process in case you do loose root. Be warned though, although quite a lot of people rooted their N900W8 without tripping root, can't exactly say it will be the same for everybody, it might trip it.

Doodless

Jun 21, 2014
Nothing to do.

You can do factory reset no problem but you might loose root, but just repeat the process in case you do loose root. Be warned though, although quite a lot of people rooted their N900W8 without tripping root, can't exactly say it will be the same for everybody, it might trip it.

As there are many models of Note 3 out there, would I have to a kernal that is specifically compatible with my phone?

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
As there are many models of Note 3 out there, would I have to a kernal that is specifically compatible with my phone?

If you intend to stay on stock firmware and not flash a rom, then you don't need one. But if you flash a rom made for a N9005, then you will need a kernel made for N900W8/Tmobile in order to make NFC, BT and Wifi work ( also need a patch for the said sensors/signal ).

Doodless

Jun 21, 2014
If you intend to stay on stock firmware and not flash a rom, then you don't need one. But if you flash a rom made for a N9005, then you will need a kernel made for N900W8/Tmobile in order to make NFC, BT and Wifi work ( also need a patch for the said sensors/signal ).

I guess I will stick with stock as everything still seems too confusing for me to understand. The root you gave me, I notice it says sm9005 instead of sm900w8, it wouldn't change my network frequency would it?

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
I guess I will stick with stock as everything still seems too confusing for me to understand. The root you gave me, I notice it says sm9005 instead of sm900w8, it wouldn't change my network frequency would it?

Friend just use a very famous app called framaroot.... It is a one click app which is available for ur device

Here is the link:
http://techbeasts.com/2013/11/04/how-to-root-any-android-device-with-just-one-click-via-framaroot/

They tell u the method also I guess...

U can also flash the su binary scripts files and stuff with Odin (just Makin it easier for u to understand)

Press the thanks button if I helped!!!!!

Just try it!!!!!!! It worked for my mtk device(which is also very hard to root)

Sent from my MIND using my BODY....(JUST KIDDING)

Sent from my MIND using my BODY....(JUST KIDDING)

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010

It will not change anything except root your phone. I know it says it's for N9005 but quite a lot of people even with different phone models have tried it and it worked and that's including me who has a N900W8 from Rogers.

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
You can root with:

POOT: This app is a one click root app. No computer needed

Framaroot:
Framaroot is a oneclick root app . No computer needed
This is the most popular one!

Z4Root: Z4Root is an oneclick root app . No computer needed

Towelroot: Towelroot is an oneclick root app. No computer needed

Baidu: No information

Vroot: No information

Gingerbreak: This app can root almost all gingerbread devices

Downloads:

Poot - Download the app >>here<<

Framaroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Z4ROOT - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Towelroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Baidu ROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

vROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

Gingerbreak - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Flash a SU ZIP - Download the ZIP >> HERE << and flash it on your unlocked bootloader phone !

Hit thanks if you liked this post or this post has helped you out !