ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy S (BETA BEWARE)

Search This thread

rohizzle121

Dec 30, 2009
Houston
I would say one successful flash out of about 15 isn't a risk of bricking, it's damn near guaranteed.

Be patient, there isn't even a custom Froyo rom out there for our phones yet but if you want to turn your phone into a useless paperweight go right ahead.
haha in that case i think ill at least wait till theres a foyo rom out

i just watched the google io and got all excited

REAVER117

Feb 3, 2010
London, ON
I've flashed 'successfully', so have jmhalder and ogdobber. We all seem to be having the same issues. It looks like the kernel is based on the I9000 so the external SD card won't mount and the display is rotated 90°.

decepticon

Mar 6, 2004
Backwoods Louisiana
haha in that case i think ill at least wait till theres a foyo rom out

i just watched the google io and got all excited

Froyo is great but for the time being, unless you are a developer you aren't getting it on the Captivate yet.

CM6 is being ported and I am sure the recovery will be working within the coming days if not hours.

And to correct myself earlier, successful flashes without issues. Some are not bricks but are having other issues because they had to go to another kernel.

I wonder if someone can root and run a nandroid backup with the stock rom/recovery then restore it through Clockwork instead of flashing the kernel....if possible that could fix the problems

Last edited:

ogdobber

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2008
I've flashed 'successfully', so have jmhalder and ogdobber. We all seem to be having the same issues. It looks like the kernel is based on the I9000 so the external SD card won't mount and the display is rotated 90°.

i said F it and went a step further and flashed the jg1 rom. my intent was to eventually flash modacos rom...the mistake I made is that it should have been jg5 rom. oops... anyways I still have the same 90 degree rotation and ex sd won't mount but other than that it works great! I have to say the phone as a (i9000) is waaay better.
if I get it figured out I will post a new thread

REAVER117

Feb 3, 2010
London, ON
i said F it and went a step further and flashed the jg1 rom. my intent was to eventually flash modacos rom...the mistake I made is that it should have been jg5 rom. oops... anyways I still have the same 90 degree rotation and ex sd won't mount but other than that it works great! I have to say the phone as a (i9000) is waaay better.
if I get it figured out I will post a new thread

Does the FM Radio work? Can you pull the sh file from /sbin/ with the I9000 firmware? It'd be nice to see if the Captivate has the hardware for the FM Radio.

igm503

Jun 15, 2010
cybertron
the radio might need drivers in order to work properly. if the captivate really does have a radio, im sure some devs will be able to put it on a rom

ogdobber

Nov 4, 2008
the radio might need drivers in order to work properly. if the captivate really does have a radio, im sure some devs will be able to put it on a rom

radio (app) is there but when i try to run the phone reboots. I'm sure the hardware is the same between the three gs's. but +1 drivers are probably needed

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
I would say one successful flash out of about 15 isn't a risk of bricking, it's damn near guaranteed.

Be patient, there isn't even a custom Froyo rom out there for our phones yet but if you want to turn your phone into a useless paperweight go right ahead.

Lol , well put. I'll wait

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Neobug103

Jul 1, 2006
Los Angeles
Can you please tell me how to get the newest clockworkmod for the samsung phone? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have tried many times to install via ROM Manager and other methods but it always boots back up to the blue text recovery mode even though ROM Manager says it is installed...

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Can you please tell me how to get the newest clockworkmod for the samsung phone? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have tried many times to install via ROM Manager and other methods but it always boots back up to the blue text recovery mode even though ROM Manager says it is installed...

once you get into samsung recovery have you bothered to click on REINSTALL PACKAGES? because that is what is needed to get to clockwork...

Vicntc

If you see this screen
2e1ujh2.jpg
follow these commands while odin3 is opened.
"SIM+SD out, put the battery in. Plug in USB. Hold down both Volume keys, and then push power. Hold it. From the phone > pc screen, hold vol +/- and power, wait til it goes black then returns to that screen. When it goes black the 2nd time release power. " That should put you in download mode to install the leshak kernel i posted a few pages back.

Help... I ran odin and it installed an AT&T ROM. I tried to run Odin again and re-install the Rogers ROM and i ended up with the above noted screen.

I've followed this process step by step "SIM+SD out, put the battery in. Plug in USB. Hold down both Volume keys, and then push power. Hold it. From the phone > pc screen, hold vol +/- and power, wait til it goes black then returns to that screen. When it goes black the 2nd time release power. " but I don't get a download option?

koreancanuck

Feb 11, 2010
Vancouver
Help... I ran odin and it installed an AT&T ROM. I tried to run Odin again and re-install the Rogers ROM and i ended up with the above noted screen.

I've followed this process step by step "SIM+SD out, put the battery in. Plug in USB. Hold down both Volume keys, and then push power. Hold it. From the phone > pc screen, hold vol +/- and power, wait til it goes black then returns to that screen. When it goes black the 2nd time release power. " but I don't get a download option?

Try this. Press volume up and down and hold it and plug your usb cable into your phone. Have ODIN open before doing it so your phone can be recognized by ODIN.

Top Liked Posts