[Newbie needs help 2] I Just installed temasek's KANG build

Search This thread

sales_jao

Apr 21, 2012
I'm new here and the first ROM I've tried installing was RC1 91 but after I finished the procedure, my phone doesn´t leave LG home screen and rebooting after 5 sec. What did I do wrong?
Steps:
- Root;
- Download the ROM;
- Copy in external memory;
- Power off the phone;
- Boot in recovery;
- Backup current ROM;
- Wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset;
- Wipe dalvik cache
- Finally, flash ROM and reboot.
And the restore isn´t work too.

Justray

Mar 9, 2009
GDL - Xalixco - México
What recovery version do you have?, the CWM "touch" version HAS issues with flashing, try an older version , non touch, also its a lot better flashing from the external SD card than the internal memory (a.k.a. internal SD). (I use 5.0.2.7, you can grab it at Temasek thread, second post)

I had flashing issues and here is how they are throubleshoted:

1: Reflash, sometimes CWM (recovery) make bad flashes, reflash, sometimes it work.
2: Format everything, choose factory reset, then flash again, no need to wipe cache or dalvik because everything is wiped except recovery.
3: Use a script to get partition back to ext3, when a rom uses ext4 it automatically changes it BUT when you install a ext3 rom it does NOT reformat back to ext3, it leaves it in ext4 and thus doesnt work.
4: Try another rom, an older or a different rom, I had this issue with topogigi rom once and the modaco rom its 100% incompatible with my phone... dont ask why no one knows.
5: Use a different CMW version, this is no. 5 if you have a non touch version (mine for ej. has modded menus) but if you have the touch version it has issues with flashing, temasek had problems with his own roms...

Last edited:

antec123

Jun 26, 2011
I'm new here and the first ROM I've tried installing was RC1 91 but after I finished the procedure, my phone doesn´t leave LG home screen and rebooting after 5 sec. What did I do wrong?
Steps:
- Root;
- Download the ROM;
- Copy in external memory;
- Power off the phone;
- Boot in recovery;
- Backup current ROM;
- Wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset;
- Wipe dalvik cache
- Finally, flash ROM and reboot.
And the restore isn´t work too.

you're missing one thing you should format/data factory reset first. of course the restore doesn't work because CM7 converts yours system to ext4. while stock rom the system is ext3.

you should try this script
Code:
http://etana.donka.hu/?dir=scripts
if you like you should full wipe or use nvflash recovery there is a thread there in development thread or from this one
Code:
http://android.modaco.com/topic/335474-25-mar-nvflash-stock-rom-release-v10b-dated-1300166062-15032011/

the difference between that script and nvflash is the method. vadonka scripts use CWM. and nvflash use the driver for your computer, if you use method nvflash you have already rom v10b.

after you already use nvflash / full wipe in vadonka script, you can flash cm7 again.

or if you like you can search in development section there is convert to ext3 back of course this method is delete your whole partition :D
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1021549

did you backup your apps first like using titanium backup??

or maybe this method you can use recovery with nvflash but i think with this method you should have your boot.img backup first i haven't tried this method
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1229407

Last edited:

sales_jao

Apr 21, 2012
Alive!

Thank you guys! I get to restart my phone via smartflash, and now I'm scared to flash ROMs via clockworkmod...Thus, I'll be a long time with this official ROM.:(

antec123

Jun 26, 2011
Thank you guys! I get to restart my phone via smartflash, and now I'm scared to flash ROMs via clockworkmod...Thus, I'll be a long time with this official ROM.:(

nah don't be affraid to flash roms, it has many great roms rather than stock LG. just backup your data at least and then flash any roms you want.

stock LG is crap, your hardware can't show its performance...

Reactions: temasek

sales_jao

Apr 21, 2012
Yeah...You're right guys...Today, I'm gonna try it again...If it goes wrong ... I come to beg your help ....:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

nah don't be affraid to flash roms, it has many great roms rather than stock LG. just backup your data at least and then flash any roms you want.

stock LG is crap, your hardware can't show its performance...