[Q] Stock ICS without carrier Apps

Search This thread

akshay desai

Mar 21, 2013
Hubli
can i get stock ics os without carrier apps ? or without t-mobile apps ?
i had flashed t-mobile stock ics through bootloader by renaming it to PH85IMG.zip
and i found some t-mobile carrier apps and i uninstalled them using ES file explorer with root access
but after that wifi, hotspot, and bluetooth stopped working :(
sorry am noob in this all !
thank you :)

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
i had flashed t-mobile stock ics through bootloader by renaming it to PH85IMG.zip
and i found some t-mobile carrier apps and i uninstalled them using ES file explorer with root access

Several ROMs are debloated, for example,
[ROM] Android Revolution HD 4.0 | ICS | High Quality & Performance | Best STOCK ROM
It might be good to peek in the ROM Bible:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423022
And go through the developer's thread to see the list of ROM's and read their first page where the features/unfeatures/undocumented features (bugs) are listed.

Reactions: akshay desai

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Good answer!

You really have to be careful when uninstalling apps.

Best thing to do is to freeze them in titanium backup first. Then if they kill something you can un freeze them.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: akshay desai

akshay desai

Mar 21, 2013
Hubli
Thanks

Thanks pbergonzi and Chevy for your valuable replies :)

and one more question
Debloated ROM means what kind of ROMs ? What exactly does it mean ?
sorry i am noob :(
thank you

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Debloating means to remove the bloat. Bloat means to puff up, or swell. Some people feel that carriers fill the phones with junk, such as T-mobile apps, that is, bloated. Some developers make ROM's without the junk or bloatware, thus debloated.
The simple act of google finds explanations of bloat, etc. That is a reminder to search. One of the things that separate noobs from non-noobs is the ability to use a search engine.

Last edited:

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
Use rom toolbox to get rid of bloat, it has an uninstaller through which you can remove any system applications. Make sure you have root and proper know how which application can be removed without ending up in a boot loop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Several ROMs are debloated, for example,
    [ROM] Android Revolution HD 4.0 | ICS | High Quality & Performance | Best STOCK ROM
    It might be good to peek in the ROM Bible:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423022
    And go through the developer's thread to see the list of ROM's and read their first page where the features/unfeatures/undocumented features (bugs) are listed.
    Good answer!

You really have to be careful when uninstalling apps.

Best thing to do is to freeze them in titanium backup first. Then if they kill something you can un freeze them.