[Q] Motorola Razr XT910 - Korean Version

Search This thread

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Hi everyone! I'm new to this Moto Razr XT910, a korean version one. I have a few questions to ask:
-Is this the device that has an official support by CM? the code named umts_spyder builds? I'm just confused by the other variants ://
-Since this is a korean version with AT&T on it, can I change this to a sim-free (international version)? If so, can you link me some useful guides out there? I've searched for a couple of hours but I never found a good guide for noobies containing on how-to flashing and unlocking bt :(
I'm an experienced user on flashing this on that and compiling this and that but hope you could understand my situation as if this is a new phone to me :( Thanks alot! Just an urgent matter.

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
XT910 is the umts_spyder and it is officially supported by CM.
As for the sim-lock, I'm not certain that xt910 are carrier locked but if they are, it ain't very common hence no unlocking guide.

While the flashing in short goes like this.

1.) Root
2.) Download a recovery (Safestrap or BMM).
3.) Install recovery.
4.) Boot into recovery.
5.) Create a ROM-slot.
6.) Wipe all
7.) Flash ROM zip.
8.) Flash additional zip if any.
9.) Reboot.

Not very detailed but get the idea.

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4

Reactions: JovieBrett

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
As for the sim-lock, I'm not certain that xt910 are carrier locked but if they are, it ain't very common hence no unlocking guide.

1.) Root
3.) Install recovery.
4.) Boot into recovery.
5.) Create a ROM-slot.
6.) Wipe all
7.) Flash ROM zip.
9.) Reboot.

Thank you so much! The only stuff that I'm worrying about is the incompatibilities between flashing an international version ROM to a region specified device which is a Korean version. After some deep searches, thank goodness I found this post on a thread being discussed about converting a region specified device into an international one. Anyway here it is:

I can't provide you in details since there're are guides for it but briefly you'd have to delete cid with fastboot or bmm but make a backup of it before deletion. You can flash all XT910 firmwares with fastboot just don't forget to delete the cdt.bin line from the RSD LITE XML files that you'd flash. This way cdt.bin partition on your device will not be upgraded to 5 or 7 and stay version 4 which is ICS.

Better create a nandroid backup of your stock rom with bmm recovery and provide necessary files from your device to find stock fastboot of XT910S ICS to firmware-team ?

Do you know what is RSD lite XML file and cdt.bin? is these two included on the ROM you'll flash? Anyway, once I've upgraded to ICS, can I freely flash any JB to KK based ROMs? Sorry for bothering with all of my dumbness :(

EDIT
Nevermind, I just knew RSD lite :D

Last edited:

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila

1.) Root
3.) Install recovery.
4.) Boot into recovery.
5.) Create a ROM-slot.
6.) Wipe all
7.) Flash ROM zip.
9.) Reboot.

One more question, I've been through some xda and google searches and I hope this statement I've found is TRUE :fingers-crossed:
-Since my device is a Korean Version with a specified carrier on it, flashing ICS update on this device will activate its network for a global use which is considered now for international use... is that true? Does it mean that I don't have to delete some lines inside the xml file anymore? :fingers-crossed: and just root it, install BMM or SS recovery and flash CM11 on it? Do I really have to delete CID partition before flashing JB and KK based ROMs? Please needing your help :(

EDIT:
-Someone said that you can flash any region based firmware to your device? is it true?
-My device is actually an XT910S, do I only have to flash XT910S based ROMs? or any of them (XT910 and XT910K)?
-Can I flash CM11 with stock 2.3.5? or is it really necessary to update to ICS in order to flash JB and KK based ROMs?

Pleaseee Im begging you :(

Last edited:

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
One more question, I've been through some xda and google searches and I hope this statement I've found is TRUE :fingers-crossed:
-Since my device is a Korean Version with a specified carrier on it, flashing ICS update on this device will activate its network for a global use which is considered now for international use... is that true? Does it mean that I don't have to delete some lines inside the xml file anymore? :fingers-crossed: and just root it, install BMM or SS recovery and flash CM11 on it? Do I really have to delete CID partition before flashing JB and KK based ROMs? Please needing your help :(

EDIT:
-Someone said that you can flash any region based firmware to your device? is it true?
-My device is actually an XT910S, do I only have to flash XT910S based ROMs? or any of them (XT910 and XT910K)?
-Can I flash CM11 with stock 2.3.5? or is it really necessary to update to ICS in order to flash JB and KK based ROMs?

The international usage after ICS update is for the cdma version XT912 so it doesn't apply to you. As I said earlier, A carrier locked XT910 isn't very common.

As for the region specific ROMS, The custom ROMs are not region specific but if you want to flash stock MOTO roms then you need to consider the region.

However, many Asian users can flash European JB builds without deleting their cid.

As far as I know, you do need to upgrade in order to flash custom ROM.
But you can surely try to root it before upgrading and see if you can install SS or BMM.

Last edited:

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
The international usage after ICS update is for the cdma version XT912 so it doesn't apply to you. As I said earlier, A carrier locked XT910 isn't very common.

As for the region specific ROMS, The custom ROMs are not region specific but if you want to flash stock MOTO roms then you need to consider the region.

However, many Asian users can flash European JB builds without deleting their cid.

But you can surely try to root it before upgrading and see if you can install SS or BMM.

Thank you for the response. So it means, I will update the device via OTA update first to get the stock JB 4.1.2 then after that, I can now be able to flash custom ROMs whatever I want? :)

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Yes that should do it.
Do check the root thread for supported builds before updating though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1.) Root
    3.) Install recovery.
    4.) Boot into recovery.
    5.) Create a ROM-slot.
    6.) Wipe all
    7.) Flash ROM zip.
    9.) Reboot.

EDIT:

Yes that should do it.
    Do check the root thread for supported builds before updating though.

Thank you, btw do you know how to backup CID?

Here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36172192
    Maybe this will help you.

Sent from my Razr XT910