Unable to flash stock slot on SS

Search This thread

chiahead52

Jun 12, 2011
Just like the title says. I am unable to flash anything to the stock slot on SS. I have tried ,any different times. I have tried wiping the slot and then flashing a fresh version of the ROM I use and also wiping and restoring a previous backup. Everytime when I go to boot the phone it gets stuck on a black screen during boot up. I end up having to use Matts tool and reinstall things back to stock including having to reroot. Anyways I would love to use my stock slot. Any help would be great. thank you

chiahead52

Jun 12, 2011
Did you use advanced wipe and select everything except Internal Storage and Micro SDCard?

The stock ROM system partition is only 636mb; is the ROM and GApps package you're using small enough to fit there?

Yes I did use the advanced wipe and wiped all but internal/external SD cards. On the partition thing I'm not sure. Never looked at file size but I'm flashing LS with minimal gapps...others claim to have it on stock slot also.

So after I flash the stock slot on boot it gives me red moto logo. Then black screen. But its not 100% black. I can see some backlight is on cause I can see the splotches in the screen. If I press buttons like volume up the phone with vibrate a few times. Not sure what its doing but I end up having to reinstall system from scratch to fix it. I was hoping for an easy fix

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

frankonia

Jun 1, 2012
Nuremberg
Once I also had problems to flash with SafeStrap on stock slot. Then I had the idea to flash the custom ROM first on slot 1 (or 2, how you want). Then making a complete backup of that partition, and after restore it on stock slot. - That worked fine for me.

chiahead52

Jun 12, 2011
Once I also had problems to flash with SafeStrap on stock slot. Then I had the idea to flash the custom ROM first on slot 1 (or 2, how you want). Then making a complete backup of that partition, and after restore it on stock slot. - That worked fine for me.

ya right now i am running on slot 1 or 2 and if I make a full backup of that slot and try to restore it to stock the same thing happens. black screen

mikeoswego

May 4, 2014
Northern Indiana
Last edited:

chiahead52

Jun 12, 2011
yes I am using the latest version of Safestrap. Any suggestions? I will try to redo it again this weekend when I have more time. Thank you

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
ya right now i am running on slot 1 or 2 and if I make a full backup of that slot and try to restore it to stock the same thing happens. black screen
this might help..dont know if you would want to do this or not..i had a note 2 from verison with locked bootloader had to use safestrape ...with that phone the the devs left the recovery incomplete moved onto newer phones so i read..anyways only the stock slot was working in this recovery ..so we had to use stock slot only and the directions read ..flash over stock rom wipe everything except system..and could only use a custom rom with same kernal....example- i had stock jelly bean stock rom think it was 4.2.1 version..so i flashed alliance rom 4.2.1 version..and like i said before wiped everything except internal storage and system....and it worked perfect....dont know if this would work or not...but you said anymore ideas..so why not try....was just thinking..because the bootloader is locked ..shouldnt be able to flash custom rom on stock slot right?shouldnt be able to modify system slot..thats why with the note 2 diddnt wipe system and dirty flashed ,useing the same kernal...................................lol..just relized these posts are from years ago..feel dume now..and i thought i was helping someone..lol

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

yes I am using the latest version of Safestrap. Any suggestions? I will try to redo it again this weekend when I have more time. Thank you
ok..update..i just flashed eclipse custom rom on stock slot..wiped everything except internal storage and external on my xt912 droid razor useing latest 2.7 S.S recovery..and it worked..not only that but i was only on 4.1.2 jelly bean as base firmware..the eclipse ro was 4.2...not much a diff..but thought it mite cause problems being on stock slot and locked bootloader..lol..im for real shocked this really worked..my problem is with space..id rather jus use stock slot with custom rom..and thats it because i dont have enough space..for some reason i can only store stuff on external storage and dont have write access to ex..sd card ..thought this was only a problem for kitkat and jellybean it wasnt??..looked for a jellybean xposed sd card fix ..of course no luck cause its not pose to be a problem..any thoughts bout this?...edit yet again..sorry..when flashed eclipse rom..the ex sd card is not a problem no more....gues the rom fixed this problem..thanx xda

Last edited: