[HD bootanimation] Original ICS bootanimation on Xoom

Search This thread

SlCKB0Y

Jul 15, 2010
Yes it is 960x540 but not like fuzzy boot animation that came with ICS update to the Xoom..

Yea? What was the source of this file and please explain how you managed to up-scale a lossy format image and increase the quality. This is impossible.

The only other ICS tablet with a resolution higher than the Xoom is the transformer prime, which does not have this animation, so where exactly did this "HD" version come from?

Sorry, but what utter ****e.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

a hd ics animation originally rendered for the xoom spec does not exist.

phokus
[team eos]

+1,000,000

Reactions: ATZ-007

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
DO NOT USE THIS. It is complete and utter rubbish.

1. The first huge issue is that this is 20MB. This is totally RIDICULOUS.

2. Whoever made this has no idea about graphics. They have tried to increase the quality of image files which are already in a lossy format. The end result is that the quality of the image has not improved but the filesize is 10 x what it should be. This boot animation is enormous.

3. When this actually boots, the animation has a white corrupted border which is a result of the editing which was done on the files.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS

See this post for the stock bootanimation.zip. It does not have the corrupted borders, is of a better quality and is only 1.8MB in size.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22450741&postcount=5

Yea? What was the source of this file and please explain how you managed to up-scale a lossy format image and increase the quality. This is impossible.

The only other ICS tablet with a resolution higher than the Xoom is the transformer prime, which does not have this animation, so where exactly did this "HD" version come from?

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

+1,000,000

Please
This is the last time I repeat this..
Open your eyes wide guys
and look to that one of 1.8 MB and to the one that I posted. It is very clear there is difference between the resolution of both, especially the black background.
And if you are complaining about it is 20 MB, you can put it in data\local folder...
I tried my best to share with you the best quality for this bootanimation in the internet and make it exclusive to this forum that I love; and I am not trying to get any thing from you guys in return; if you are not happy for this I will ask the admin to remove this thread..

By the way, I want those who are misleading other people here to swear God that the 1.8 MB is the same resolution as or better than 20 MB.. Sorry for this but I have to put end for this..

Yours;
majdinj

Last edited:

SlCKB0Y

Jul 15, 2010
So please explain to me how you increased the quality of images?

I was also concerned and the really ****ty looking white glitchiness around the borders. you dont get this?

So please explain to me how you increased the quality of images?

I was also concerned and the really ****ty looking white glitchiness around the borders. you dont get this?

I'm with you on this, thats what I've been trying to say all along. This is not an HD boot animation, it is stock boot animation.

How is this HD was my question? How did you make it? Where did it come from?

SlCKB0Y

Jul 15, 2010
To the original poster, we're not having a go at you, we're legitimately curious as to what was done to these!

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
Sorry if I couldn't get to the level of your expectations guys.. I will leave this thread as it is.. and it is people decision whether to download it or not.. Again I am very sorry for my anger temper :rolleyes:..
I will come back with better bootanimation that will satisfy your expectations for sure..

Sincerely Yours;
majdinj

Sorry if I couldn't get to the level of your expectations guys.. I will leave this thread as it is.. and it is people decision whether to download it or not.. Again I am very sorry for my anger temper :rolleyes:..
I will come back with better bootanimation that will satisfy your expectations for sure..

Sincerely Yours;
majdinj

Why can't you just answer the questions? Did you edit the images from another device?

Last edited:

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
Why can't you just answer the questions? Did you edit the images from another device?

I found it in some arabic forum but with different screen orientation. so what I did is just put it in landscape so it will fit on xoom. The device was galaxy nexus with 720x1200 pixels..
No editing, No resizing or anything.. Just fix the orientation..

Source: ce4arab.com

Last edited:

DopeHack

Sep 13, 2011
NYC
I found it in some arabic forum but with different screen orientation. so what I did is just put it in landscape so it will fit on xoom. The device was galaxy nexus with 720x1200 pixels..

The file size shouldnt have changed as much if that's truly all you did ... but cool I've never had the Xoom in my hands before and I am thinking of buying one (I have an Atrix) is it worth it?

Sent from my Atrix-4G, stock 2.3.4 (rooted)

My next question is, were you under the impression that because the galaxy nexus has 720x1280 that the boot animation would also be that size? It would be awesome if it was, but it isn't unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

The file size shouldnt have changed as much if that's truly all you did ... but cool I've never had the Xoom in my hands before and I am thinking of buying one (I have an Atrix) is it worth it?

I really like my Xoom, in fact during the last 3 weeks I've not even touched my laptop while I am out on the road working. Now I wouldn't pay $600 for a Xoom now like I did the day it was released, I'm not sure what they are even going for any more. I would say wait for a Tegra 3 device, but I don't know when they are coming out now, I expected a few to be here already besides the Prime.

I would say if you aren't a person who needs the tech of the minute to buy one if you can find one new or refurbished for about $450 or less.

DopeHack

Sep 13, 2011
NYC
My next question is, were you under the impression that because the galaxy nexus has 720x1280 that the boot animation would also be that size? It would be awesome if it was, but it isn't unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I really like my Xoom, in fact during the last 3 weeks I've not even touched my laptop while I am out on the road working. Now I wouldn't pay $600 for a Xoom now like I did the day it was released, I'm not sure what they are even going for any more. I would say wait for a Tegra 3 device, but I don't know when they are coming out now, I expected a few to be here already besides the Prime.

I would say if you aren't a person who needs the tech of the minute to buy one if you can find one new or refurbished for about $450 or less.

Seen one on ebay and craigslist for around 290$ Has ICS mad it better? And what about the Samsung galaxy tab ? Oh and there were goin for 699 when they were released and 799 too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you guys the HD version of ICS bootanimation..

eris_ics_boot.gif

Just overwrite the one in system/media folder by root explorer or put it in data/local..

The link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3u3meslj6by6zud

21c7b3d0cd20d295eaec5a7c1e66f3bd55439eeb056fd1c7560c58b3c3f604564g.jpg
    So since OP never answered, I downloaded and unzipped the file images are 960x540 in image size, so these are most definetly not "HD" like the OP claims them to be. They will be the same fuzzy boot animation we already have that came with ICS update to the Xoom.
    Yes it is 960x540 but not like fuzzy boot animation that came with ICS update to the Xoom..

a hd ics animation originally rendered for the xoom spec does not exist.

phokus
    [team eos]

+1,000,000