[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
flash a CM9 build or something like that, then mine. that usually works.

Interesting.... I had left ICS due to unresolved poor battery. Tried the latest CM9 build, wasn't happy with it as a daily driver and had one last flash of ICZEN.... This time installed with latest glitch kernel and battery life issues are gone. Not as good as froyo but now liveable.
I had put this down to the glitch kernel, but maybe something about installing cm9 helped?

GTOJim

Aug 12, 2010
SF Bay Area
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Interesting.... I had left ICS due to unresolved poor battery. Tried the latest CM9 build, wasn't happy with it as a daily driver and had one last flash of ICZEN.... This time installed with latest glitch kernel and battery life issues are gone. Not as good as froyo but now liveable.
I had put this down to the glitch kernel, but maybe something about installing cm9 helped?

I like the Glich Kernel's a lot but I found the battery life is so good with Slim using the stock kernel I've been hesitant to try anything else.

With ICZEN I also felt my battery was better using Glitch. But there is a but for me, occasionally with all the ICS roms I've tried exception being Slim my CPU would run at 100% at times for no apparent reason. The phone could be sitting idle for hours and suddenly the CPU would jump to 100%. Noticeable due to being warm when picking it up. Naturally when this happened my battery drained like crazy. I haven't read of anyone else with this problem, so thinking I'm the only one, this is the first time I've posted about it.

Glad you found a combination that's working for you.

ajvasudhar

Oct 30, 2010
Bangalore
Long press on Home does not get current running application

Not sure, if anyone else has faced this issue, long press on home does seem to fail.
I have done a factory reset and did a clean install (this option was suggested in some of the forums), not sure whats going haywire here. I use NOVA launcher and removed all those customization pertaining to home buttons, still I have this issue.

Any inputs/help ??

caldran

Apr 14, 2011
Nop no problem here. I check cpu spy now and then the phone sleeps like a log :D.
The only problem I am facing is dialer hangs and FCs sometime may be twice a day.

mwms77

Feb 26, 2012
Saginaw
What is the datadata fix procedure on this? The one I've always used messes things up, home button stops working among other things. Someone please help, I know I just asked this earlier today but it got buried from people repeatedly saying how great their battery life is. Aren't you guys getting low storage warnings? How did you fix it on this ROM?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Try flashing the data fix zipbposted earlier in this thread from recovery. That fixed my data/datadata issue.

mmfxda

Dec 10, 2010
Possible bugs

This rom has been the Smoothest ICS rom I have tried thus far, great work. I installed this rom 2 days ago, Had great battery then but now it just looks wrong.

Woke up today with the alarm clock app on the phone but the screen was black. Tried using the power button but nothing I can still hear it fine but couldn't do anything to get the screen to work again. I took a screen shot and hard rebooted the phone. then took another screen shot of the power menu.

The night before I had charged it and re-calibrated the battery before going to bed and after reboot it was at about %60. Most of the drain is from the OS.
Didn't install any custom kernels or themes, Didn't change any of the performance options.

The only odd setting that I tried was to change LED color to blue. I reverted that back to white and will let you know if it happens again.

Also the percentage battery text is on top of the battery logo. When charging, one of the digits is unreadable.

I occasionally see Spam/adds in the notification menu. I didn't install any apps I didn't have in other roms.

Tried the GPS briefly today and it worked but only got a maximum of 6-7 Satellite locks.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-07-07-31-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-07-07-31-41.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_2012-03-07-07-36-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-07-07-36-55.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 165

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
This rom has been the Smoothest ICS rom I have tried thus far, great work. I installed this rom 2 days ago, Had great battery then but now it just looks wrong.

Woke up today with the alarm clock app on the phone but the screen was black. Tried using the power button but nothing I can still hear it fine but couldn't do anything to get the screen to work again. I took a screen shot and hard rebooted the phone. then took another screen shot of the power menu.

The night before I had charged it and re-calibrated the battery before going to bed and after reboot it was at about %60. Most of the drain is from the OS.
Didn't install any custom kernels or themes, Didn't change any of the performance options.

The only odd setting that I tried was to change LED color to blue. I reverted that back to white and will let you know if it happens again.

Also the percentage battery text is on top of the battery logo. When charging, one of the digits is unreadable.

I occasionally see Spam/adds in the notification menu. I didn't install any apps I didn't have in other roms.

Tried the GPS briefly today and it worked but only got a maximum of 6-7 Satellite locks.

I hope this helps.

Something is wrong, do a clean reinstall including format system.

c-pimp

Jun 24, 2006
Oswego
Installed latest passion kernsl and GPS and mute problem is gone

Did you do anything other than install this and passion kernel? Which passion kernel are you talking about? Kiss 2.2 or which one? I have yet to see mute unmute bug go away in any ics or cm7 build

c-pimp

Jun 24, 2006
Oswego
with 2.8 mute unmute is gone is what my tester tells me.

so all kiss kernels above 2.8 dont have mute unmute bug? I just downloaded kissv4 ill be testing this tonight/tomorrow.

thanks for the info, if this proves to be true im sure FaultException would be glad to know this as he is looking for a mute/unmute fix right now and I would sure be glad to have that problem fixed once and for all!

time to start testing!

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
so all kiss kernels above 2.8 dont have mute unmute bug? I just downloaded kissv4 ill be testing this tonight/tomorrow.

thanks for the info, if this proves to be true im sure FaultException would be glad to know this as he is looking for a mute/unmute fix right now and I would sure be glad to have that problem fixed once and for all!

time to start testing!

i have no idea abt kiss kernels, i was referring to SLim 2.8

Reactions: c-pimp

nerve101

Jul 8, 2011
philly
Im sorry if this was stated earlier,
but how is this compared to Euphoria RC1?
I'm running it now, and when it goes to deep sleep
the gps shuts down and i have to run
GPS test to get it back to working order.
Mute and un-mute is a fixed issue.
Battery life so far on it is reasonable, i get about 13 hours.

i heard great feed back from my brother using it on his nexus, just want to see if its that good for the vibrant.

caldran

Apr 14, 2011
I upgraded to 2.8 when you released it. Had mute/ unmute problems on 2.7 but 2.8 fixed it completely. Also fixed the buggy speakerphone, working great on 2.8 now!

I am still facing mute unmute sometimes. I say 50 percent of them :confused:

mryounghc you are right about the dialer. dialing too fast causes problem.
I am facing unresponsive camera app also.

Reactions: c-pimp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.