[Q] I need to factory reset. I don't care about losing data.

Search This thread

Baurblades43

Oct 17, 2013
Eugene
If MK2 is not getting you fixed up try MJ7. That should fix you right up. You should be back to business as usual. Sometimes you just need to try try again lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I ended up getting the exact same result from flashing MJ7 this time.. :/ I get the samsung logo, and the blue "Recovery booting..." text in the top left corner, and then the black screen following the boot loop.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I ended up getting the exact same result from flashing MJ7 this time.. :/ I get the samsung logo, and the blue "Recovery booting..." text in the top left corner, and then the black screen following the boot loop.

I don't believe you need the pit file... Maybe someone like @k1mu can tell you for sure... I've never had this exact issue and I don't want to give you bad info.

In the mean time things you can try are using a different version of Odin. Trying another USB cable as well. Also do you know how to check the md5 of the zip file? And I'm assuming you're unzipping the file you download and putting the .tar in PDA right?

Last edited:

Baurblades43

Oct 17, 2013
Eugene
I don't believe you need the pit file... Maybe someone like @k1mu can tell you for sure... I've never had this exact issue and I don't want to give you bad info.

In the mean time things you can try are using a different version of Odin. Trying another USB cable as well. Also do you know how to check the md5 of the zip file? And I'm assuming you're unzipping the file you download and putting the .tar in PDA right?

I do not know how to check the md5. I am unzipping the file and putting the .tar in PDA.

Baurblades43

Oct 17, 2013
Eugene
Quick Bump and recap. My phone does not turn on with power button. Only able to turn it on by plugging it into the charger. It vibrates once plugged in, shows a black screen, and then just vibrates with the black screen every 3 seconds. Download mode works, recovery doesn't.

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Quick Bump and recap. My phone does not turn on with power button. Only able to turn it on by plugging it into the charger. It vibrates once plugged in, shows a black screen, and then just vibrates with the black screen every 3 seconds. Download mode works, recovery doesn't.

Uninstall all usb drivers related to Samsung. Uninstall kies and Verizons upgrade assisstant. Reboot. Then reinstall just the usb drivers and Install Heimdall and then try to flash just the system.img.ext4. Google how to install Heimdall 4.0 or 4.1 on Windows (I would give directions but ive never installed it on Windows, Mac/Linux only)

Then after installing Heimdall on the flash tab browse for the pit file you downloaded earlier and put it there. Extract the system.img.ext4 from the Odin tar (rename the tar.md5 to tar first) then add system.img.ext4 in the list of partitions to flash. Click add then remove. Then in the last tab have it detect your device and finally go back to the flash tab and click install/flash.

Top Liked Posts