[ROM][JB+][DEV] CM10.1 ALPHA3 Android 4.2.1 for Legend [DEC 16]

Search This thread

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
CyanogenMod10.1 (JellyBean) UNOFFICIAL Android 4.2.1 based port for HTC Legend

screenshot2012120817540.png
screenshot2012120506162.png

DISCLAIMER: This is a rom intended for somehow devs and enthusiasts, in very early development stage and only for testing purposes.
FEATURES

Working:
- GSM,
- Wifi (need to add ssid by hand),
- Audio,
- HW accel,
- Multitouch,
- Rotator,
- Lights,
- Sensors,
- Vibration,
- Charging,
- Buttons,
- sdcard,
- USB Mass Storage,
- adb,
- root,
- gapps,
- LQ Videos,
- Bluetooth,
- Camera.

Not Working:
- HQ Videos,
- Multiuser mode.
DOWNLOAD & INSTALL

MEDIAFIRE: cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA3-legend.zip [UPDATED DEC 16]
MD5SUM: 97e55881a75b2c26a2ff3237ca140d00

Donate Paypal
All donations are welcomed; if you desire it, you can invite me to a beer

Thanks very much to everyone, your contrib does possible I spend more time on this project !!
ISSUES

Only for testing purposes.

For install, as usual. Here it's preferred formating of /system, /boot, /data and /cache. Install gapps for 4.2.1 at link bellow.

Wifi (need to add ssid by hand).

GSM bar strength indicator shows a single bar.

Camera "JB" has not got panoramic, altough Camera 4.2 has got panoramic but shows glitches sometimes.

LINKS

Gapps:
- light armv6 gapps for jb 4.2.1 : MEDIAFIRE: gapps-jb-4.2.1-light-20121130-signed.zip

CHANGELOG

Code:
ALPHA3  Dec 16  2012
- Bluetooth,
- Camera (no native camcording).

ALPHA2  Dec 14  2012
- Wifi (need to add ssid by hand)
- GSM, 
- Merged with cm-10.1 (new 4.2.1 features!).MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?978rbdt7344js6b"]cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA2-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED DEC 14]
MD5SUM: 16a8f4fea82675efef2dfc8e1de72624

ALPHA1  Dec 8  2012
- Initial release (Thanks to WaylandAce for patches from Galaxy ace).MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?1b6ips3r5k95cpn"]cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA1-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED DEC 8]
MD5SUM: f5b19aed3a8347f5298427aff188729a
THANKS TO

google, cyanogenmod, qualcomm, xda-developers forums
All contributors to this thread in any way.
Aria thread: munjeni , winsuk, s0be
modpunk, droste
rapmv78
evervolv
cofface and devil
Ganster41
WaylandAce

And thanks to donators, too :)

Last edited:

Temporeiches

Nov 21, 2012
Nice work. Somehow my home button doesnt work, but it worked in the keys test. Also my lockscreen doesnt show up, and always when the phone is done booting I get the following message: com.google.process.gapps has stopped. However for a beta this rom is amazing.

Last edited:

Temporeiches

Nov 21, 2012
@ Zeubea- do you think you will be able to fix the problems, and do you believe phosphere will ever work. Great work by the way.:good:

Keesjansma2

Feb 8, 2009
Lisse
WWW.JIBBERS.NL
I gave it a quick try. looks promising. :eek:

After entering simunlock it started reboot loops. after shutdown en reboot everything seems to be bit more stable.
if you look at the easter egg beheind software version it is still jellybean?

Now back to 4.1.2. Keep it up. Looking forward to it, just because it can

Temporeiches

Nov 21, 2012
How would you do this?
Solved that
By the way do you know how I could fix the problem that my home button isnt working with this rom? And do you know why the lockscreen doesnt work?
Solved these problems through formating the /system and /data and reflashing the ROM

Thank you for the great ROM

by the way I found somethin g for the mulituser http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018146, dont know if it works though, but ill know soon enough

Last edited:

MarkInDaPark

Feb 17, 2012
How do we format /system ? Wouldn't that require a superwipe script?
Edit: It was under the "Mounts and storage" in CWM. I feel dumb.

Good job Zeu, keep it up.

Swiping in the keyboard will make it crash. Unfortunatly, I swipe accidentally very often, so I'd recommend installing another keyboard... All of you should have a Swiftkey 3 "licensed edition" by now anyways, so install that.

Last edited:

MarkInDaPark

Feb 17, 2012
Would just like to inform that trackball wake script does not work. Executed as root, rebooted and nope, nothing.
Just letting you know. Flashing A3 now, good job!

dublevay

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks!

This is great - thanks zeubea. I was actually looking into JB for my SGS2 - but found this, so thought I'd crank up the Legend and play. Looks promising. Only problem I've found so far is that web browsing is really slow, and the links on a page aren't clickable until the page completely finishes loading - which can mean quite a wait.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod10.1 (JellyBean) UNOFFICIAL Android 4.2.1 based port for HTC Legend

DISCLAIMER: This is a rom intended for somehow devs and enthusiasts, in very early development stage and only for testing purposes.
    FEATURES

Working:
    - GSM,
    - Wifi (need to add ssid by hand),
    - Audio,
    - HW accel,
    - Multitouch,
    - Rotator,
    - Lights,
    - Sensors,
    - Vibration,
    - Charging,
    - Buttons,
    - sdcard,
    - USB Mass Storage,
    - adb,
    - root,
    - gapps,
    - LQ Videos,
    - Bluetooth,
    - Camera.

Not Working:
    - HQ Videos,
    - Multiuser mode.
    DOWNLOAD & INSTALL

MEDIAFIRE: cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA3-legend.zip [UPDATED DEC 16]
    MD5SUM: 97e55881a75b2c26a2ff3237ca140d00

Donate Paypal
    All donations are welcomed; if you desire it, you can invite me to a beer

Thanks very much to everyone, your contrib does possible I spend more time on this project !!
    ISSUES

Only for testing purposes.

For install, as usual. Here it's preferred formating of /system, /boot, /data and /cache. Install gapps for 4.2.1 at link bellow.

Wifi (need to add ssid by hand).

GSM bar strength indicator shows a single bar.

Camera "JB" has not got panoramic, altough Camera 4.2 has got panoramic but shows glitches sometimes.

LINKS

Gapps:
    - light armv6 gapps for jb 4.2.1 : MEDIAFIRE: gapps-jb-4.2.1-light-20121130-signed.zip

CHANGELOG

Code:
    ALPHA3  Dec 16  2012
    - Bluetooth,

ALPHA2  Dec 14  2012
    - GSM, 
    - Merged with cm-10.1 (new 4.2.1 features!).MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?978rbdt7344js6b"]cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA2-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED DEC 14]
    MD5SUM: 16a8f4fea82675efef2dfc8e1de72624

ALPHA1  Dec 8  2012
    - Initial release (Thanks to WaylandAce for patches from Galaxy ace).MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?1b6ips3r5k95cpn"]cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA1-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED DEC 8]
    MD5SUM: f5b19aed3a8347f5298427aff188729a
    THANKS TO

google, cyanogenmod, qualcomm, xda-developers forums
    All contributors to this thread in any way.
    Aria thread: munjeni , winsuk, s0be
    modpunk, droste
    rapmv78
    evervolv
    cofface and devil
    Ganster41
    WaylandAce

And thanks to donators, too :)
    ALPHA2 Dec 14 2012
    - GSM,
    - Merged with cm-10.1 (new 4.2.1 features!).
    ALPHA3 Dec 16 2012
    - Bluetooth,
    AOSPE -- Press Release [stage 1]

Hello everyone!
    Have news for you.

We're glad to tell you, that the first part of development is done. Now we have 2/3 parts left, and after finishing of every part we will post news about it. You will see some screenshots and descriptions of functionality, but don't count to see everything before the release.

We have finally done Settings and Launcher. These were a main parts of development. However, there's still a lot of work for us to do, so you will have to wait for a while.

Now, about the functional. We have changed a lot of things. Of course there will be some improvements and changes, but you read about the basic functions in the list below.

1. Lockscreen
    It looks just simple and has AOSP style. There won't be any advanced lockscreen settings cause it supports widgets since Android 4.2.

2. Setup wizard
    You will see it on the first startup. This simple wizard presents basic functions and allows you to set basic functions. You will see it for yourself after release.

3. Settings
    There were a lot of changes. It has some features from CyanogenMod and some other ROMs with some changes. Now you can simply slide from the left to appear the list of settings. And all the advanced settings, such as performance, system settings, dev settings and superuser are hidden by default. You won't see them if you don't need them.

Of course, these changes are not everything we did. Everything else will be published later, when the release date will be closer.
    oibd.jpg

Full silze Image: http://u.to/YgurBA

More information.
    Google+https://plus.google.com/103852385558714696159/posts

Regards, OWL Team.​
    This is great - thanks zeubea. I was actually looking into JB for my SGS2 - but found this, so thought I'd crank up the Legend and play. Looks promising. Only problem I've found so far is that web browsing is really slow, and the links on a page aren't clickable until the page completely finishes loading - which can mean quite a wait.

I just stop loading and then links are available.

Browsing is slow if compared with SGS2, yes, but not much more than froyo. For a Q1 2010 device I think it is a great deal browsing with Android 4.2.1.:laugh: