Storage Question

Search This thread

MissLaniS

Mar 16, 2011
Anthem
Seems that I have no room left on my phone storage & tons of space left on my SD card. How can I get my phone to put everything on the card, by default??

Would this work: if I hook my phone up to my PC, then just took all the folders on my phone storage, and moved them to the Card. Would my apps & stuff still work or would doing that not be good??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app. On android 4.4.2 Build: KOT49H.1545VRUFNC5

bsliv

Aug 1, 2014
Las Vegas
Seems that I have no room left on my phone storage & tons of space left on my SD card. How can I get my phone to put everything on the card, by default??

Would this work: if I hook my phone up to my PC, then just took all the folders on my phone storage, and moved them to the Card. Would my apps & stuff still work or would doing that not be good??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app. On android 4.4.2 Build: KOT49H.1545VRUFNC5

I don't think just copying the apps will allow them to work. You can use Application Manager to move some apps to the sd card.

MissLaniS

Mar 16, 2011
Anthem
I went thru all my apps & moved whichever ones I was able to move. But I did that a long time ago. So I still have no room on my phone storage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

ryant35

Feb 17, 2009
Cypress
I went thru all my apps & moved whichever ones I was able to move. But I did that a long time ago. So I still have no room on my phone storage.

Move photos, downloads and any music on your phone to your SD card too. Then in your camera app go to settings and change the SD card as default.

Download the free version of SD Maid and use it to clean up old thumbnails and program files still on your phone from before you moved them.
I once deleted 2gb of photo gallery thumbnails from my phone with this app. You can also see which files are the largest on your phone and SD card to see if you can move or delete anything.

I have this app on my phone, tab, and my kids tabs to keep up with their memory and storage usage.

MaXaZoR

Feb 15, 2012
Move photos, downloads and any music on your phone to your SD card too. Then in your camera app go to settings and change the SD card as default.

Download the free version of SD Maid and use it to clean up old thumbnails and program files still on your phone from before you moved them.
I once deleted 2gb of photo gallery thumbnails from my phone with this app. You can also see which files are the largest on your phone and SD card to see if you can move or delete anything.

I have this app on my phone, tab, and my kids tabs to keep up with their memory and storage usage.

Thanks, I'm also running out of space, I'll give this a shot.

MissLaniS

Mar 16, 2011
Anthem
Tonight I was gonna try to just backup all my.stuff and then start over. I use GO launcher and I saw that I have GO backup on my phone, so I was gonna try to.use that. I started the app & it said my SD card is corrupted or damaged. I included a screenshot of what it said:

So would this be the reason why everything is on my internal storage instead of my card? Or is that message just something I.should ignore??

Attachments

• 1409384292601.jpg
    1409384292601.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 42

ryant35

Feb 17, 2009
Cypress
Tonight I was gonna try to just backup all my.stuff and then start over. I use GO launcher and I saw that I have GO backup on my phone, so I was gonna try to.use that. I started the app & it said my SD card is corrupted or damaged. I included a screenshot of what it said:

So would this be the reason why everything is on my internal storage instead of my card? Or is that message just something I.should ignore??

If you have a card reader unmount your SD card, take it out and try reading it on a computer. If you can read it I would copy everything off and put in a temporary folder on your desktop. Then format the card with the computer and put it back in the phone, format it using the phone and try your back-up again.

If it works put the card back in your computer and copy your files back. Be sure to unmount the card each time. Mine went corrupt once because I didn't.

MissLaniS

Mar 16, 2011
Anthem
How do I make the SD card, the default storage for everything? Or is that not possible...