[Q] touchscreen input lag/stutter

Search This thread

stromgald2

Jan 8, 2014
Hi all,
I'm having an issue with Hyperdrive RSL12 but maybe there's a more generic fix. Basically every 10-15mins ill be using the phone and it will just stop responding to touchscreen input for 3-5 seconds. I generally keep most of the unnecessary features turn off (smart stay etc) and keep very few apps open. I've also tried the clear memory option in task manager. Wiped dalvik and chache once too. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Has anyone else experienced this on Hyperdrive or other ROMS? Is there anything else i should be trying short of wiping everything and starting from scratch? Thanks for any advice!

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question. I can't post to dev forums yet.

vt0r

Sep 22, 2013
New York
shellvatore.us
Hi all,
I'm having an issue with Hyperdrive RSL12 but maybe there's a more generic fix. Basically every 10-15mins ill be using the phone and it will just stop responding to touchscreen input for 3-5 seconds. I generally keep most of the unnecessary features turn off (smart stay etc) and keep very few apps open. I've also tried the clear memory option in task manager. Wiped dalvik and chache once too. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Has anyone else experienced this on Hyperdrive or other ROMS? Is there anything else i should be trying short of wiping everything and starting from scratch? Thanks for any advice!

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question. I can't post to dev forums yet.

You should do a clean flash with a factory data wipe just to be sure any changes you might have made since installing HyperDrive aren't the culprit.

Make a full nandroid backup first just in case it has no effect.

You might also want to try and "retrace your steps" so to speak.

How long ago did this issue appear?

Were any changes made around that time, particularly changes related to performance, like CPU governors/frequencies or I/O scheduler (note that changes also includes installing apps, as rarely you'll get a troublesome one that starts at boot)?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app