Coby Kyros 7015 - How to install CyanogenMod (Froyo based)

Search This thread

cristiano.orlando

Dec 22, 2010
there is thread or other topic here that tells the way to fix the touchscreen (forgot, but i think its in the steps on this topic)

but usb debugging must be enabled

but as a workaround to turn on usb debugging

use an usb mouse in the tablet and its gonna work to unlock the screen and to to settings :cool:

and other thing, here i am using now 2.3 rom, and accelerometer is crazy as hell, is there a fix to that, or a way to make it softer.... i was playing asphalt and when i turned left or right the car moves too fast, because the accelerometer is crazy fast ehehehe

tks

magnetboard

May 20, 2011
Okay I am folowing your steps and I can't pull /data/softmac softmac. when i try to run the code it says "failed to pull /data/doftmac softmac: permission denied.

magnetboard

May 20, 2011
I have. I actually got all the files but all of the touches on the screen go to the bottom. Any ideas to how to calibration?

Sent from my ATZ 7015/7015A HONEYCOMB V13.0-B20 ACADEV using XDA Premium App

lunknowl

Aug 14, 2010
I gave a try with my EM71, and it's working great. I think it is definitely more responsive than original Herotab G701 firmware my device came with, or lonpad D7 firmware I'm currently using.
Wifi works, and browsing experience is better than those stock roms. Higher response helps this ad-hoc resistive multi-touch very much, and makes it actually feasible to use it. It almost tempts me to ask the ETA for the final version :))

Out of curiosity, what was the difference between Coby Kyros MID7015 and EM 71 ? I have tried Kyros rom to my EM71, but touch screen did not work. Among firmware benders for this hardware, I think Coby is the most likely one to follow though longest, so I would like to know if there are any way to use Kyros firmware for my EM71.

i need a firmware for em71, can anyone upload for me thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions

1. Download and install ClockworkMod .

2: Preparations. If you have not already, install Android SDKto your PC. Download bootimage and system image. Create a "Cyanogen" folder in the clockwork/backup folder on your SD card and unzip both files into this folder. I also renamed and placed my recovery.img in here.

Contents of /Cyanogen
    Code:
    boot.img
    nandroid.md5
    recovery.img
    system.img

3: Getting Some Files from Eclair. Connect your tablet to your PC and issue the following commands using ADB (Note: This step is to be done from Android 2.1, not from a previous version of CyanogenMod. If you already have CyanogenMod install, please revert to Android 2.1 to retrieve these files)

Code:
    adb pull /sys/class/input/input1/calc_table calc_table
    adb pull /data/softmac softmac

This should copy the calc_table and softmac files to the directory where ADB is located. Leave them where they are, and place build.prop and sensors.tcc92xx, from COBY7015-fixpack in there as well.

4: "Restoring" CyanogenMod. Boot into recovery mode (hold down front button and press the reset button on back of device). You should now be in ClockworkMod. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, MAKE A BACKUP! Choose "Wipe data / factory reset" and then "backup and restore." Restore from Cyanogen folder.

5: Restoring Some Key Files. With your tablet connected to your PC, issue the following ABD commands, taking care to keep your tablet awake:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb push build.prop /system/
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/build.prop

adb push calc_table /system/etc/
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/calc_table

adb push sensors.tcc92xx.so /system/lib/hw/
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/sensors.tcc92xx.so

adb push softmac /data/softmac
    adb shell chmod 644 /data/softmac
    adb reboot

After your tablet finishes rebooting, you should notice you have a working touch screen.

6: Enabling Google Apps. Download gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip and MarketUpdateFroyoHdpi.zip. Place onto your SD card and reboot into recovery.vChoose "Install Zip from SDcard" and install gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip and then MarketUpdateFroyoHdpi.zip. Reboot and accept the terms of the market!

7: Texting using Google Voice. Here is how to text with Google voice. You will need a working android phone (probably needs to be rooted) with Titanium Backup installed. Set up Google Voice on the phone-- make sure you opt for the Google phone number as that is the number you will be texting from. Once up and running, back up the program using Titanium. On the tablet, install Titanium Backup and use it to restore the Google Voice program (App+Data) to your tablet. (You may have to copy the backup files to the Titanium directory on the INTERNAL drive.) Once Google Voice Launches, switch back to Titanium Backup-- do not try to set up Google Voice. Titanium backup will then restore the data for Google Voice. You should now be able to text from your tablet.

This is all I have right now, more to follow.
    This will be an often-updated guide to all the latest successes of getting a quality port of CyanogenMod, a custom Froyo based Android distribution.
    This thread was originally intended to be specific to the Coby Kyros, but since most issues relate to all Telechips tablets, it may prove useful to owners of other such devices as well.

Things we have working: Touchscreen, Screen Roation, WiFi (Connects to AP and Ad-Hoc), Market, Texting via Google Talk.

Things we have kinda working: WiFi can be a little wanky, but if you disable and re-enable it works fine.

Things that do not work/Issues: Some apps not working (like Angry Birds) due to sdcard not being properly addressed, video play back, sound recording is very nasty, missing on screen volume controls, occasionally the input box is not updated with what you're typing, but when you hide the keyboard the text is there.

Further Reading:

Most of the development for the Kyros 7015 has taken place in this thread.
    and the developement of Cyanogen for Telechips tablets has taken place in the thread (on slatedroid.com).

Also check out my tutorial for Getting the Most Out of Eclair (Android 2.1) for this same device.
    Quick question: Running system info, it states that my processor is an ARMv6-compatible, Telechips TCC89/91/92xx Demo Board running 720mhz. I thought this was an ARM1176 according to the box?

All I have done to it so far is root it and install marketplace, not that that would effect the proc type, or is this what it is supposed to say?

Thanks

Yep

If you go http://www.slatedroid.com you'll see that under Telechips, the Mid7015 is there (also known as EM71)
    Finally I noticed that according to the battery usage it says that 75% of my battery usage is looking for a cell network even though this device is not capable. it would be nice if the airplane mode allowed wifi (especially since some planes now allow wifi) so that I could go to airplane mode with wifi on.

Well, I don't know anything at all about these tablets (I'm thinking of purchasing one), but I have an Android phone running Cyanogenmod and Airplane Mode does indeed allow WiFi to work still. It will turn the WiFi off when you enter Airplane mode, but all you have to do is go into the menu and turn WiFi back on. In fact, I have both Airplane Mode and WiFi set up as easy toggles using the CyanogenMod version of the Power Control Widget. YMMV, but like I said, it works perfectly on the Droid phone.

Also, this thread from the Nook Color forum may be of interest: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=888216&highlight=cell+service
    I renamed my CWM/CM images for COBY MID7015.

EM71.zip is now COBY7015.zip
    recovery.EM71.img.zip is now recovery.COBY7015.img.zip
    EM71-fixpack.zip is now COBY7015-fixpack.zip

I'll upload EM71 files tomorrow, it is for real Emdoor EM71 and Lonpad D7 users.

sorry for this inconvenience.