Does your m8 get good signal reception on at&t ????

Search This thread

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
I have issues getting good signal with my m8 on at&t, anyone else ? Actually I"am on straight talk which uses at&t service.

Not sure if the bad signal is just my area or if its my phone.

I can get LTE when I"am out and about, and it shows good signal, but my data speeds are not really that great for LTE being maybe 8 to 15 mbps yeah its good but should be more according to most users.

I live in Ohio and have absolutely no signal indoors and if I go out to the road I can pick up some weak edge signal which is like scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as data.

I have heard from people at a local at&t store that at&t took over the last of the alltel towers and something about July, but no one seems to be able to tell me anything about my area, and at&t maps show I"am supposed to have good service here so I dont know if its their service or my phone.

And being on straight talk its not like they will be able to help me with signal issues as you might as well be talking to yourself than call their customer service, as they cant even help you with how to set up call forwarding as they say its not listed as a feature with straight talk, pretty sad yes lol.

Does anyone work for at&t that can tell me if I will be getting alltel towers working in my area ?

In Ohio from zip 44830 Fostoria starting a few miles north going out of town on state route 199 basically all the way to state route 6 there is basically no service on my m8 as all I show is edge this is like a 10 to 15 mile stretch of nothing. Now if you turn west on state route 6 then you get a little better then a few miles you get LTE coverage.

Hoping someone from at&t can clue me in on this area because my m8 just sucks for service and I"am supposed to have good coverage here according to the at&t coverage maps.

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
I have issues getting good signal with my m8 on at&t, anyone else ? Actually I"am on straight talk which uses at&t service.

Not sure if the bad signal is just my area or if its my phone.

I can get LTE when I"am out and about, and it shows good signal, but my data speeds are not really that great for LTE being maybe 8 to 15 mbps yeah its good but should be more according to most users.

I live in Ohio and have absolutely no signal indoors and if I go out to the road I can pick up some weak edge signal which is like scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as data.

I have heard from people at a local at&t store that at&t took over the last of the alltel towers and something about July, but no one seems to be able to tell me anything about my area, and at&t maps show I"am supposed to have good service here so I dont know if its their service or my phone.

And being on straight talk its not like they will be able to help me with signal issues as you might as well be talking to yourself than call their customer service, as they cant even help you with how to set up call forwarding as they say its not listed as a feature with straight talk, pretty sad yes lol.

Does anyone work for at&t that can tell me if I will be getting alltel towers working in my area ?

In Ohio from zip 44830 Fostoria starting a few miles north going out of town on state route 199 basically all the way to state route 6 there is basically no service on my m8 as all I show is edge this is like a 10 to 15 mile stretch of nothing. Now if you turn west on state route 6 then you get a little better then a few miles you get LTE coverage.

Hoping someone from at&t can clue me in on this area because my m8 just sucks for service and I"am supposed to have good coverage here according to the at&t coverage maps.

I'm having issues on Three UK where the phone loses signal and takes a long time to find the network again leaving me with no service in between. Its being swapped out tomorrow.

You might find a more useful answer in the dedicated M8 at&t forum http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8/help

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
I'm having issues on Three UK where the phone loses signal and takes a long time to find the network again leaving me with no service in between. Its being swapped out tomorrow.

You might find a more useful answer in the dedicated M8 at&t forum http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8/help

Yeah I thought I was posting on the at&t xda forum, but somehow I ended up posting on here and I didnt see until after I posted, I then copied and posted on at&t forum and there is no way to delete the posting so I just left it.

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama

I have a T-Mobile M8 I have unlocked on Straight Talk AT&T and voice service is fine. My problem is that where my Nexus 5 kept 4g service I only have H+ or 3g. I have a feeling it's to do with the metal body of three phone, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I thought I was posting on the at&t xda forum, but somehow I ended up posting on here and I didnt see until after I posted, I then copied and posted on at&t forum and there is no way to delete the posting so I just left it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app