Charging with chargers

Search This thread
I have 2 t989's, one as my phone and the other as a charger (so I can always have a 100% fully charged battery ready to go instead of leaving my phone to charge and missing calls n stuff). I bought a 6ft charging data usb cable cause all my other chargers wer actually draining the battery when plugged in my phone, the very 1st time I plugged in the new cable, man I tell u, I was a happy camper, it actually CHARGED while using my phone, couldn't belive it. But now, 2nd time plugging in the new cable, right back to not even charging. It shows charging and all that but the percentage just goes down. What is going on and can someone please school me right. Thanks.

Now im soo broke, I cant even pay attention!

Lokke9191

Nov 20, 2013
Glenview, IL
Are you using the original battery? If so it might be time to get a new one. They are estimated to go downhill after 500 charges. Maybe it just won't hold a charge anymore. I suggest getting the anker 2200mah replacement. It's the same physical size and 10 bucks on Amazon.

Reactions: sidkud
Are you using the original battery? If so it might be time to get a new one. They are estimated to go downhill after 500 charges. Maybe it just won't hold a charge anymore. I suggest getting the anker 2200mah replacement. It's the same physical size and 10 bucks on Amazon.

[Figured It Out] Between me and my son, we have like 11-12 of those little rectangular boxes that plug into the wall outlet then plug the usb charging cord into those and into the phone to charge, well I switched to a different one with the same new cable I got the other day and WHAM, it actually charges faster than it drains from normal use. Before itd take like 3-4hrs to charge without touching it and drain with 35min of use. Now it charges around a percent every 2 min, and thats even while using it too. The little charging box is the one from my ascend II with my new 12ft charging cable so I can answer the door and check car parts and stuff without having to put my phone down.

Lokke9191

Nov 20, 2013
Glenview, IL
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Consider getting that new battery though. Ever since I got a new one I can use my phone for video, GPS, Web browsing, and still have 40 percent battery left by the end of the day. I only charge it when I go to bed. With the original battery I would have to charge it by lunch time. And I just started using the newest paranoid Android rom and I swear it makes my s2 almost as fast as my nexus 5, it amazing.

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Consider getting that new battery though. Ever since I got a new one I can use my phone for video, GPS, Web browsing, and still have 40 percent battery left by the end of the day. I only charge it when I go to bed. With the original battery I would have to charge it by lunch time. And I just started using the newest paranoid Android rom and I swear it makes my s2 almost as fast as my nexus 5, it amazing.

Ill take that suggestion and give it a shot cause its that time of the year to start working 14hr a day, 7 days a week, till February, and phone charging time and availability will be rare. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.