[ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

billbillw

Oct 19, 2012
By the time I went to bed last night, it had been off the charger for 1 day and ~8 hours. Still had 27% battery. Man, its like a new phone again!

roots07

Mar 15, 2012
Thanks. Found it. I had to actually go to the xda website. Tapatalk was acting up.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

tenorman

Sep 15, 2006
I just switched from CleanROM 6.5 to 70R2 and noticed a change in how vibrations are handled. I have calendar and gmail notifications set to sound only in their respective apps; this works as expected in the "Normal" sound profile. When the sound profile is change to "Vibrate," my phone begins vibrating every few minutes with each new email and calendar reminder, or any other notification. Searching the thread, I see that many people have noticed "phantom" vibrations, perhaps this explains their trouble.

I only want my phone to vibrate for calls, text messages, and voice mails since they are typically much higher priority. So far my solution has been to stay in the "Normal" sound profile and keep the ringer volume as low as possible, but this can still be disruptive during meetings. This is the only issue I found in an otherwise fantastic ROM.

Does anyone know how to fix it so that notification vibration preferences are respected in the "Vibrate" sound profile? It worked perfectly in CleanROM 6.5, was this a change in Sense 5?

If anyone is still wondering about unwanted vibrations, I found the answer. This is a known "feature" introduced in Android 4.2. Google decided that while in the vibrate mode, the OS will override any application specific settings and vibrate for any notification with sound.

Bug report: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39592
Code diff: https://github.com/android/platform_frameworks_base/commit/9a7debe5857ffc7c71cfc4082b1b6d72a5cf81cd
Notes: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/cc2e849fa992ebcf99c63837e96a6c8950d2cebf

The workaround is to set the notification tone to "silent"; if there is no sound, there will be no vibration. This doesn't help me, but hopefully it helps someone.

It should be possible to patch NotificationManagerService.java and recompile, if anyone is so inclined.

brandontrout

Apr 17, 2012
Las Vegas
I can't get a functional download of the zip. Tried it on 2 different computers, can't get a zip that matches the md5 or that will install. Any ideas?

--edit--

nvm, fifth time's the charm apparently.

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
Google Hangouts

Has anyone (using this ROM) had any issues with getting sound to work with Google Hangouts with two One X's running the latest CleanROM over LTE?

I can get the sound to work with a laptop on WiFi and one of the One X's on LTE, but not two One X's on LTE.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Has anyone (using this ROM) had any issues with getting sound to work with Google Hangouts with two One X's running the latest CleanROM over LTE?

I can get the sound to work with a laptop on WiFi and one of the One X's on LTE, but not two One X's on LTE.

Hold on... That is confusing...

Can you re-ask that?

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
Hold on... That is confusing...

Can you re-ask that?

Sure!

I'll break it down into scenarios when using Google Hangouts:

cell phone on LTE to cell phone on LTE = video but no sound
cell phone on WiFi to cell phone on WiFi = video but no sound
cell phone on WiFi to cell phone on LTE = video but no sound
cell phone on LTE to laptop on WiFi = video and sound
cell phone on WiFi to laptop on WiFi = video and sound
laptop on WiFi to laptop on WiFi = video and sound

I'm not entirely sure why there is no video and sound when trying to video chat over WiFi using two cell phones running CleanROM 7.0R2. Any ideas?

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Nope, 4.2.2 is the latest official.

Sent from my Evita
Darn. Ok. I was hoping we would get an official sense 5.5 or Sense 6 build.

Sure!

I'll break it down into scenarios when using Google Hangouts:

cell phone on LTE to cell phone on LTE = video but no sound
cell phone on WiFi to cell phone on WiFi = video but no sound
cell phone on WiFi to cell phone on LTE = video but no sound
cell phone on LTE to laptop on WiFi = video and sound
cell phone on WiFi to laptop on WiFi = video and sound
laptop on WiFi to laptop on WiFi = video and sound

I'm not entirely sure why there is no video and sound when trying to video chat over WiFi using two cell phones running CleanROM 7.0R2. Any ideas?

TBH, I am not sure man. It looks like in all scenarios with two HOX you get no sound. That is strange :confused:

Reactions: nhshah7

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
Darn. Ok. I was hoping we would get an official sense 5.5 or Sense 6 build.

TBH, I am not sure man. It looks like in all scenarios with two HOX you get no sound. That is strange :confused:

OK, thanks for looking... hopefully someone else here will see it and might know what the deal is. Perhaps it's just a firmware, Jellybean, or Hangouts bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

CR-7-HOX.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM look and feel, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest T Mobile 5.08.111.2 OTA which is Android 4.2.2 infused with AT&T settings!
    • This ROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • CleanROM is the longest running ROM series for the HTC One X!

features.png

• Android 4.2.2
    • Sense 5
    • Very Light Build
    • AOSP Recent's
    • Option For Minor Tiles
    • All Apps up to date
    • Busybox!
    • ADB as root!
    • System partition writable!

changes.png

Version 7.0R2- 12/13/2013
    • Re-compressed and update all files
    • Removed Auto and Stocks

installation.png

• Must have TWRP Recovery installed with unlocked bootloader! CWM Recovery not supported!
    • Highly recommend latest Jellybean firmware and S-Off!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

• All Users, Testers and Donaters! Thanks for your support!
    • All the Admins at www.scottsroms.com!
    • Turge for the base ROM to work with! Please check out that thread and hit that Thanks button too! I cant make this ROM with out his base! Firmware is also there so you have to go to that thread ;)

Donations are gladly accepted! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    [/CENTER]
    Minor Tiles Attached!
    Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott
    Now lets get back to ROM talk!

And thanks to Kennethpenn, Red5 and The_Scotsman! You guys rock and I dont ency your jobs.

And thanks to all the users who convinced me to stay! I do this for you!
    Guys, I dont normally ask this in a thread....

But lets try to get me to 8K thanks today. Would mean a lot me!

And we only need about 18 more 5 star thread votes if you think the work produced is worth it!

Thanks!