[Rom] [CM7] skyOS (jb/ics style) UPDATE 10/29/13

Search This thread

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
After download use a root explorer and move it to system app. U will get fc, reboot. Then using root explorer find systemui in system app folder and fix permission there rw r r should be permissions. Not sure if if fixing them in cmw would work or not, won't hurt to try. As for battery, try flashing mazouts kernel on this that should fix your problem. All this rom is is themed for the most part so its probably the kernel thats hurting your battery life

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

billplowman

Jan 3, 2013
Wow! Finally something new to play with for my ancient G2X! Thanks for this! It's working very well so far and the GPS seems very snappy. What was the mod you used for the faster GPS fix?

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Thanks! I just Googled gps fix for g2x and found a file. Used my gps yesterday and it was flawless for the first time since i was on stock

sevytech2013

Aug 27, 2013
Which gapps do you recommend with skyrom ?

Hi I really like yoru ROM. After i flashed it, i flashed this version of gapps (gapps-jb-20120726-signed) but doesn't work !

Which one do you recommend ?

Thanks

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Gapps is included. This is a cm7 rom so u can't flash jellybean gapps

Reactions: jpyumul
Sep 30, 2011
So I have yet to change my notification area from the tiedye to black... but so far Bluetooth works good... haven't really tested GPS... and I did flash mazout's kernel, battery seems to be better again. But I now miss the haptic feedback on my soft keys :( oh well.

Sent from my G2X that wishes it were a Nexus 4...

sevytech2013

Aug 27, 2013
Thanks again !

I reflashed your rom again but this time, without flashing the gapps. The only thing i need to flash, in my case, is the Old Band patch in order to hear the tone and sounds when making calls !

I love your rom because of the fonts, the launcher(aShell look alike), speed, the video and camera, calendar, keyboard and more...

I'm going to give it a test during this week !

Good job !

sevytech2013

Aug 27, 2013
Hi,

This i what i noticed in this rom:

-The theme seems to apply bleu color on some texte on screen but not on signal bars and 4G LTE text on notification bar !
-I use French language and on launcher menu it spells Fond d\'écran instead of Fond d'écran.The backslash is also when long press on desktop. on window title and on Fond d\'écran
-Where is the picture app?

Sorry when i said that this rom has a luncher like aShell ! Your launcher is way better ! IT has a lot more functions!
After using GoLauncher for months, i find the same power and more with yours but with less memory usage and battery consumption !

That's all for now ! :)

Thanks

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
I forgot to put a gallery in just download one from play store, quick pic works good. As for language theres nothing i can do about that its probably a launcher issue. Google search ice10 cm7 theme , try that. Not on that rom right now, trying out a new one so i cant see what you are seeing sorry.

Reactions: adeptustech

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Been pretty quite! Hows this rom working out?

D

Deleted member 5450625

Oh, this is a nice ROM to be running while waiting for a 100% working ROM higher than Gingerbread.

Reactions: hippiesky

jpyumul

May 8, 2012
Why is this thread not at the dev forum?

Will try this rom. Feedback later. :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Wouldn't let me post in development section. Which is fine since I'm not a developer lol

jpyumul

May 8, 2012
Rom is not bad at all! Gb that feels more like ics. I spent a lot of time last night tweaking. Had fun!

I'm not a fan of the keyboard so I uninstall it. Just a personal preference.

Also, it might be just me... there's no gallery. Am I missing on something?

Can I lower the dpi as well without affecting the smoothness of this Rom?

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Lol I did forget to put in a gallery but u can download one in play store. Next build, I'm testing, will have one. I do not like the gallery 3d . As for the dpi not sure never tried.

jpyumul

May 8, 2012
Awesome. No problem at all. I thought I messed up with the gallery.

I found my daily rom ;). I will stick with this from now on until a stable jb comes out which I doubt will happen anytime soon.

Phone stable at 200 dpi. Now it's perfect. Thanks a bunch and I will keep an eye for updates:D.

Reactions: hippiesky

knotes

Dec 10, 2012
Markham
Hi, im really liking this rom. The only problem I'm having is when i install and apply swiftkey it doesn't show up, whenever i go to type something the screen goes blank.

I fixed permissions but i still get the same problem.

Top Liked Posts