Xfinity live streaming channels on the fire tv

Search This thread

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
Just wondering if anyone's successfully sideloaded Xfinity tv app and watched live streaming tv on it? That would be awesome!

garvani

Apr 19, 2011
Sopcast also works. Im going to have a go loading acestreams into xbmc on the weekend, fingers crossed that plays nicely.

xkadafix

Apr 8, 2014
Sacramento
yes i have. I have to use my logitech revue keyboard to fully use it though. the amazon remote doesn't play nice with it.

I'm guessing your fire is connected via wifi? I just tried and I get an error "No Wi-Fi Connection You must be on Wi-Fi to stream video content". I'm connected via the ethernet port.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I'm guessing your fire is connected via wifi? I just tried and I get an error "No Wi-Fi Connection You must be on Wi-Fi to stream video content". I'm connected via the ethernet port.

Yeah it only works over wifi :( Does anyone know a way around this?

phlunkie

Apr 30, 2007
florida

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Yes i am connected via wifi. Strange that it won't work on wired. I will try a wired connection when i get home.

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
Yes i am connected via wifi. Strange that it won't work on wired. I will try a wired connection when i get home.

I think it is a left over restriction from older cell streaming quality and data limits. The apps are told to look for WiFi only and I don't think the devs bother to even consider a wired option because they mainly concentrate on phones. I was able to turn on USB Ethernet on the Visual Land 7D and a tone of games and apps couldn't see it and would ask for Wifi including Play.

rj2763

Apr 7, 2014
I got Acestreams to work inside of xbmc on ouya with p2p addon but it kept crashing the Acestream on the play store wants to update so that one never connected however I installed the latest version of the APK and it worked for a day then all of a sudden the Acestream Engine app was crashing immediately on open and was bugging out my XBMC so I had to uninstall. If anyone finds a good version that will not try to update and is let me know Thanks

latino2166

Jun 15, 2010
I got Acestreams to work inside of xbmc on ouya with p2p addon but it kept crashing the Acestream on the play store wants to update so that one never connected however I installed the latest version of the APK and it worked for a day then all of a sudden the Acestream Engine app was crashing immediately on open and was bugging out my XBMC so I had to uninstall. If anyone finds a good version that will not try to update and is let me know Thanks

i have the same problem, if somebody have any solution please let me know.

thank you

aamir123

Dec 24, 2010

Maybe you can try to connect to a Wi-Fi network that doesn't necessarily have internet like a router plugged into wall only, then have both Ethernet and Wi-Fi both connected to Amazon fire.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

deanemj

May 2, 2014
If this was iOS it would be easy to solve as there are a half dozen tweaks to fool apps into thinking your on wifi. Surely there must be something similar on Android.

I'll check when I get home.

jljaries42@gmail.com

May 11, 2014
Fake Wifi

Never mind.

Last edited:

rebelatheart

Jun 22, 2007
I side loaded the Xfinity app before root and it works "ok". Using a mele pro air mouse, I can get around the app pretty well. The only thing I notice, which I think I read someone on here before, is that there is some frame rate issues. The video doesnt seem to be 100% smooth, especially on live tv.

Anyone else notice this?

xkadafix

Apr 8, 2014
Sacramento
Reactions: deanemj

Top Liked Posts