From that Schuster character:

Search This thread

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
"Unfortunately the security issues that have been identified and addressed in 4.4.4 has a ripple effect to our RAZR I, RAZR HD, Atrix HD, etc upgrades on 4.4.2. We are going back and add these patches into these releases and restarting much of the testing and certification work. Sorry for the delay but t is important to correct these vulnerabilities."

So does this mean we're (eventually down the line) getting 4.4.4, or just a few patches?

...right after I finished making my "4.4.2" bootloader image too...

JoseBerga

Sep 26, 2011
Formosa
I understand that we're getting 4.4.2 with 4.4.4 security patches.. :/

Enviado desde mi RAZR HD mediante Tapatalk

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA

On the bright side at least I don't have to redo my boot image 8)

From what I understand, 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 were only security patches anyway, so even if the device states 4.4.2 we'll be up-to-date with software until "L" comes out.

...of course, by the time it releases I'll have a rooted and unlocked X+1, lol.

Reactions: JoseBerga

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Darn I had some hope they'd let it stay open as the final update for this phone

Tapatalk'n it from my XT907 (MoKee 4.4.4) on Page Plus Cellular.

Schyler

Sep 21, 2010
Where was this information originally posted? I've heard of a soak test recently, but nothing else. I'm really anxious for the update. I don't really care whether it's 4.4.2 or 4.4.4, just so I don't have to reboot my phone three times a day to get bluetooth to stop stuttering, which has been the case since the KitKat upgrade.

doumworld

Sep 5, 2007
2 weeks ago, D. Schuster have said on Google+: " As I have said in a couple threads.... we are working to get RAZR HD & M upgraded to 4.4.2 w/ the recent OpenSSL patches out in Q3 worldwide We are still on track to get this out to you guys. Unfortunately, with these recent changes by the Android team with respect to the security issues uncovered, we have had to respin the software, retest... and re-enter carrier labs. Sorry for the delays...."

Schyler

Sep 21, 2010
I really hope this isn't the final version. It definitely improved bluetooth for me, but it still stutters when using the network or other applications (it didn't under 4.1.2), and it still becomes unusuable to the point of requiring a reboot occasionally, although much less frequently.

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
@Schyler this leaked soak test fixed bluetooth issues for me http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/49699-ota-442-1834614/

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

forgot to warn you this soak test patches trusted zone partition so if you havent unlocked bootloader yet dont take this update

anyone know if TWRP 2.7.1.0 will work with this update like it did for the original 4.4.2 update (183.46.10)?

ncsuwolfs

Dec 21, 2013
Florida
anyone know if TWRP 2.7.1.0 will work with this update like it did for the original 4.4.2 update (183.46.10)?

i was running twrp 2.7.1.0 before i updated and am having no problems after, have flashed cm 11 multiple times and have restored to stock multiple times

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

I really hope this isn't the final version. It definitely improved bluetooth for me, but it still stutters when using the network or other applications (it didn't under 4.1.2), and it still becomes unusuable to the point of requiring a reboot occasionally, although much less frequently.
if you read the lastest posts of the link i originally quoted people are starting to think its not final.

Reactions: LifeAsADroid

CoinCoin88

Sep 15, 2011
Paris
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Schyler this leaked soak test fixed bluetooth issues for me http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/49699-ota-442-1834614/

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

forgot to warn you this soak test patches trusted zone partition so if you havent unlocked bootloader yet dont take this update

Erm... This link is for XT926, not XT925. Since XT926 had its official KitKat release maybe 1-2 months ago... this is weird

iBolski

I just got a survey asking how I felt about the latest soak test. Based on what I've experienced (I'm no longer running it and went back to CM11) and from what I've been reading in the private soak test forums on the Moto website, there are still Bluetooth issues, wifi issues, LTE signals and the popping noise is still present.

I've never gotten survey before after a soak test, so I'm thinking, they realize there are still issues and I wouldn't be surprised if another soak occurs and this latest soak doesn't get pushed out as an OTA (yet).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got a survey asking how I felt about the latest soak test. Based on what I've experienced (I'm no longer running it and went back to CM11) and from what I've been reading in the private soak test forums on the Moto website, there are still Bluetooth issues, wifi issues, LTE signals and the popping noise is still present.

I've never gotten survey before after a soak test, so I'm thinking, they realize there are still issues and I wouldn't be surprised if another soak occurs and this latest soak doesn't get pushed out as an OTA (yet).
    "Unfortunately the security issues that have been identified and addressed in 4.4.4 has a ripple effect to our RAZR I, RAZR HD, Atrix HD, etc upgrades on 4.4.2. We are going back and add these patches into these releases and restarting much of the testing and certification work. Sorry for the delay but t is important to correct these vulnerabilities."

So does this mean we're (eventually down the line) getting 4.4.4, or just a few patches?

...right after I finished making my "4.4.2" bootloader image too...

On the bright side at least I don't have to redo my boot image 8)

From what I understand, 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 were only security patches anyway, so even if the device states 4.4.2 we'll be up-to-date with software until "L" comes out.

...of course, by the time it releases I'll have a rooted and unlocked X+1, lol.
    well you better all unlock your bootloader right now, seems it's going to be patched in the end x)

i was running twrp 2.7.1.0 before i updated and am having no problems after, have flashed cm 11 multiple times and have restored to stock multiple times

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

if you read the lastest posts of the link i originally quoted people are starting to think its not final.