[Q] Nexus 7 will only boot through bootloader menu

Search This thread

anidev

Jul 7, 2012
Hi all,

My new Nexus 7 (2013 model) arrived today, and it seems that it can only boot up through the bootloader menu, i.e. the power button does not work properly. When plugged in, the battery charging icon does appear for a few seconds before disappearing.

The problem is that holding down the power button does not turn the device on. Holding down volume down+power button works correctly and shows the bootloader menu, and from there selecting "Start" is the only way to actually boot the device. When plugged in to a power source (outlet or computer), holding down the power button causes the battery charging icon to appear, disappear, and reappear constantly. Holding down the power button when unplugged shows no response on the screen, even after holding down for a full minute. Once the device is booted, the power button works perfectly for locking, unlocking, and showing the power off menu.

I already tried doing a factory reset, which did not help at all. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?