12/26/09 Multi-Carrier (Light) Titan ROMs WM6.1 and WM6.5 by Ryan Mogul

Search This thread

crispspecimen

Jan 22, 2009
Love this rom.

Hi Ryan,

First I want to say that this rom is so far the best i've tried 6.5 or otherwise. It's faster then the last 6.1 rom I was using by far. At any rate i'm using the verizon 2.1 heavy rom and i'm having data connection issues. The phone and MMS works fine, and when I try to use a program like mail or weather it shows the data errors doing some work, but i get an error about not being able to connect to the internet. I haven't installed any cabs or anything to change it from the stock settings, but after it wasn't working, I added my verizon wireless data login and password (phone#@vzw3g.com, pass=vzw). I also tried the #228 programing. If you could point me in the right direction i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the awesome work,

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
Just wanted to say thanks Ryan for building these roms. I am running your Alltel V2.1 light right now. On startup with the camera disabled I have 25.42 mb memory free. With the camera turned on, it drops to 20.12. I had V2.1 heavy on previously and had 23.04 mb free with the camera disabled. I know in your first post you said so I thought I would post the difference. I never tried V2.1 heavy with the camera turned on, so I can't comment on how much it uses there.

Thanks again!

Thanks I really appreciate you doing that, every little tech spec helps.. I would get all that myself there are just too many things going on at once when I am cooking, flashing, and testing. I have 2 different PC's ones my 6.5 kitchen and one is my 6.1 kitchen. Both PC's have 64 Ultimate and XP. Both kitchens are PPCK for the excellent error checking and ease of use. The kitchens are also edited to suit my needs, plenty of secret tactics and ingredients. Way, way, too much to ever list or explain to someone else. So much that its very hard to remember what I have done to get to this point.. Which is why I always back the kitchen and associated files up.. Now if I can just get people to post some screenshots that would make my day.

RyanMogul

Hi Ryan,

First I want to say that this rom is so far the best i've tried 6.5 or otherwise. It's faster then the last 6.1 rom I was using by far. At any rate i'm using the verizon 2.1 heavy rom and i'm having data connection issues. The phone and MMS works fine, and when I try to use a program like mail or weather it shows the data errors doing some work, but i get an error about not being able to connect to the internet. I haven't installed any cabs or anything to change it from the stock settings, but after it wasn't working, I added my verizon wireless data login and password (phone#@vzw3g.com, pass=vzw). I also tried the #228 programing. If you could point me in the right direction i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the awesome work,

Thanks for the compliments, but the first time you flash or hard reset the phone should stay UNPLUGGED from pc until you have the data connection set up. My ROM's already come programmed for the carrier so no need to manually program the data connection.. That might just be the problem.

Otherwise, about your problem I dont really know because I dont have Verizon. But since you said MMS works then it must be something simple. I would try swapping around the Networks in Start/Settings/Connections Settings/select networks. Make the top drop down menu My Work Network and the bottom one Verizon first and then try other combinations.

crispspecimen

Jan 22, 2009
Data problems

Thanks for the reply Ryan,

I mispoke before. My SMS is working, but NOT my MMS. I tried rearranging the order of the connections, but that didn't change anything. It's odd because it's showing me that i'm connected to the data plan, but none of the programs are able to use it. Unless you have any more suggestions i'll have to reflash the rom tonite and make absolutely sure to get my data connected again after the flash and before plugging back into my computer.

Thanks again,

RyanMogul

Thanks for the reply Ryan,

I mispoke before. My SMS is working, but NOT my MMS. I tried rearranging the order of the connections, but that didn't change anything. It's odd because it's showing me that i'm connected to the data plan, but none of the programs are able to use it. Unless you have any more suggestions i'll have to reflash the rom tonite and make absolutely sure to get my data connected again after the flash and before plugging back into my computer.

Thanks again,

You dont have to re-flash, just Hard Reset. When it boots up make sure its not plugged in to pc and try and access the internet using IE. Should work.. This is providing that your QPST/PST settings are correct for Verizon and that you have a Data Plan on your account. Only other thing I can think of is calling Verizon and saying your Internet isnt working and if they can refresh your account if they do that..

crispspecimen

Jan 22, 2009
That did it!

Hard reset and making sure to connect to the internet was the trick. Thought i did it last time, but either way. Thanks again for the great work and help.

Meat Popsicle

Oct 4, 2008
Anyone had the MMS self launch randomly ?

im using RMcricketTitanWM7V2.2Light on my Mogul

ROM is perfect except for the MMS popping up every 3 minutes

never mind <slams head on desk> it was trying to check my gmail

Last edited:

RyanMogul

Hard reset and making sure to connect to the internet was the trick. Thought i did it last time, but either way. Thanks again for the great work and help.

No problem, I am glad I could help sort it out. Hopefully more people will realize that my ROMs are already set up for the Carriers WAP and MMS with Arcsoft already installed.. And also to activate the internet the first time while phone is UNPLUGGED. That and not to go into the Server settings for MMS options/Pics and Video options in the Messaging App unless they cancel out of there or edit the WAP type back to 1 in the registry.

Diva Jordan

Jun 19, 2009
Ryan, I just want to thank you personally for all your hard work. I know that it takes a lot of time, patience and know how to get these ROMs just right and as well deal with those of us who are somewhat challenged when it comes to our beloved gagetry. Just for your willingness to share your work, I have been able to keep my favorite phone and get Cricket service as well. I followed all of your tutorials and through some trial and error my baby is now fully operational on Cricket! Thanks again and Bless You! *Diva Jorda*

RyanMogul

Ryan, I just want to thank you personally for all your hard work. I know that it takes a lot of time, patience and know how to get these ROMs just right and as well deal with those of us who are somewhat challenged when it comes to our beloved gagetry. Just for your willingness to share your work, I have been able to keep my favorite phone and get Cricket service as well. I followed all of your tutorials and through some trial and error my baby is now fully operational on Cricket! Thanks again and Bless You! *Diva Jorda*

I am glad I could help you out. It does take a lot of time and an endless beating on the patience. Yea, using an HTC Mogul on Cricket is a great way to go considering the unfortunate times. Thanks for the compliments and blessings. I hope you enjoy your phone and all of its features. Take care

fps_noob

Aug 31, 2008
*edit* never mind, made a stupid mistake and forgot to unlock the phone before loading the rom.

Last edited:
thanks. i love this 6.5 for my sprint mogul. it is fast and alot more ram available to run apps such as skyfire, opera, googlemaps etc... I hope you dont mind but i put in a link to your rom's in the skyfire forums( im part of the alpha testers for skyfire) because i feel that your rom works great with skyfire. i was getting tired of soft resetting my mogul everytime i opened and closed the browser.

ecatapano

Mar 4, 2008
NY
Data Network Connection

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the data network on verizon? It doesn't seem to be connecting or holding the password and username.

I tried the Hard Reset still not working. I also had a earlier version of your 6.5 on here and it worked fine but had to go back to verizons factory 6.1 and now im having this problem after doing the newer version.

Last edited:

RyanMogul

thanks. i love this 6.5 for my sprint mogul. it is fast and alot more ram available to run apps such as skyfire, opera, googlemaps etc... I hope you dont mind but i put in a link to your rom's in the skyfire forums( im part of the alpha testers for skyfire) because i feel that your rom works great with skyfire. i was getting tired of soft resetting my mogul everytime i opened and closed the browser.

Thanks for the compliments and I will give skyfire a test. If it goes well I will either CAB it up or add it to my ROMs. And sharing with other forums is fine.

RyanMogul

I am on the hunt for 6.5 for Bell as well...

Telus users beat you to it but I will work on Bell. Soon, soon.. Its hard to juggle work, the broad, and the online life at once.. There is a lot of work to do when I add a Carrier as I have to research the Carriers settings, cook a beta ROM several times then cook 7 finalized ones (all my different versions + light and heavy = 7) And then upload and share them all. Know what I mean?

murducky

Aug 30, 2008
for uscc

can u use the sprint rom for 6.5 or 6.1 and just install the USCC Cab and it it will work ?

thanks for the info..

Top Liked Posts