Atrix ear piece not working!

Search This thread

Ronaldo_9

May 7, 2010
London
Hi guys,

I sold the atrix to a friend but some how the phone's ear piece is now working, not sure if it was dropped ( no sign of damange or water)

Anyways its a ATT one but i checked on moto UK website with IMEI and it says warranty and 0 charge to repair.

Now the phone has unlocked BL, now if I have to send it to moto, can I restore as factory?

will this lock the BL? I dont want moto to void the warranty.

Advice appreciated.

v.k

Oct 23, 2011
As a last resort, you can always buy a spare part with an earpiece speaker on ebay ($15), as I did. It seems that earpiece problem is one of the most frequent with atrix.

Reactions: Ronaldo_9

v.k

Oct 23, 2011
Was this easy to do mate? the friend I sold the atrix to, might not be bothered about BL unlock.
I haven't received the cable yet, but I've watched some take apart videos on youtube and it seems to be rather easy to replace the cable. I think I can do it myself

Ronaldo_9

May 7, 2010
London
I think I will go with the warranty, will try get a authorised 3rd party to repair , carphone warehouse or sent it to moto.

Cheers

jaketc

Sep 7, 2009
As a last resort, you can always buy a spare part with an earpiece speaker on ebay ($15), as I did. It seems that earpiece problem is one of the most frequent with atrix.

Happened to my ATRIX and my Motorola Q. Motorola quality control failure.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
I also had this issue. I flashed stock rom so unlock wouldn't pop up on reboot. Took it to att warranty center and walked out with new one in 15 min.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

pastito

Nov 19, 2011
I have the same problem. I bought an AT&T Atrix on eBay, used. I am from Argentina, so importing it was expensive and returning it to seller is not a option.

Phone has no sound at all on the earpiece. I bought the flex cable from China that has the earpiece, power switch, interface to fingerprint reader and the front camera. I replaced it really carefully but it did not Fix the problem. Front camera works, on/off button and fingerprint reader works. Earpiece does not work. By the way, the flex cable from China was the original part. Exactly the same as the one that came in the phone. Same serial numbers et all.

I connected a pair of headphones (Original Motorola) and if I turn the volume real high all I hear is noise. It is like the audio amp for the earpice is toast... also no music through the headphones. External speaker works ok.

It is really disappointing to have such a phone and that it does not work and I have no warranty at all.

Any ideas?

For what I have read, Motorola has replaced the faulty phones, so it looks like there is no fix, prolly mobo replacement? But they don't sell that.

Best Regards

oandarilho01

Apr 5, 2011
Hi,

My Atrix has failed on jack headphone. Then I sent it to the warranty service. It took almost 30 days to get back, because some dumbass returned it to me with a nonworking powerbutton (and it still had fingerprints INSIDE LCD).

Well, it came back, at least. But, 2 days after it, the ear piece, the call speaker stopped to work. As I use Android system info app, I get some red output (errors) when I try to call someone:

E/AudioPostProcessor
Error:Invalid accessory 18 in
am_config2coeffs_audio_device

D/AudioPostProcessor
getOutputGain(): unsupported device, set to SPEAKERPHONE!

Besides the factory reset I've already tried, there's no chance that these messages above indicates software problem?

Should the hardware replacement be the only way?

Thanks in advance

not.a.troll

Mar 13, 2012
i think the right answer here would be not what kind of problem it is but what do you want to do about it. if you want to completely rule out software you could unlock, root, flash custom ROM. if you are uncertain and prefer to go for the safe route and warranty is still available then just send it back to repair, without any SW mods.

tehrules

May 4, 2011
i think the right answer here would be not what kind of problem it is but what do you want to do about it. if you want to completely rule out software you could unlock, root, flash custom ROM. if you are uncertain and prefer to go for the safe route and warranty is still available then just send it back to repair, without any SW mods.

Had the same problem with my Atrix 4G, its not software related at all as I tried several different roms.

bluesteve3

Jul 23, 2012
i am currently having this problem and have looked everywhere for a solution. this is not a software problem it is quite a common fault with the atrix 4g. the only option is to have it replaced.

Feb 20, 2010
Suddenly my atrix says it has headphones connected when it doesn't, so I cant is the ear piece anymore. Using cm7.2, any ideas or is this the same problem others are having, thanks

Sent from my MB860

jaketc

Sep 7, 2009
Suddenly my atrix says it has headphones connected when it doesn't, so I cant is the ear piece anymore. Using cm7.2, any ideas or is this the same problem others are having, thanks

Sent from my MB860

I had this same issue on my droid x once, turns out it was a rain drop that went into the headphone jack.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

macaddict01

Apr 7, 2011
indcacc

Same issue with my girlfriends Atrix. Works fine over the speakerphone but the headset has no sound. Just submitted it for warranty work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.