Report: Google Smartwatch to launch at IO 2014 in June, made by LG

Search This thread

rockerblood

Feb 29, 2012
manila
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
112858orfeugtumuaugrrf.jpg.thumb.jpg

According to a knower of things,*@evleaks, Google’s*long rumored entry*into the budding smartwatch market will come at this year’s Google IO in June and will be manufactured by LG.

We haven’t heard much from Google regarding a smartwatch, often leaving tech bloggers and enthusiasts to piece the puzzle together over the past year.**We know that last year*Google purchased WIMM, a smartwatch manufacturer, and quietly added the wearable company into the Android fold. We also know that Google has beenawarded a patent*or two for*smartwatches*in the past, slowly adding to the intellectual property needed for successful entry into this market.

As for LG as the manufacturer of choice, LG and Google have a good history together, producing televisions with Google TV, the**Nexus 4, and the recent**Nexus 5. In fact, it was reported a year ago that LG was getting into the*Android smartwatch craze, so this little*gem*should be right up LG’s alley.

tybe9umy.jpg

Sent from my IM-A820L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Very interested in this. I hope they tweak Google Now to not be so internet-centric and to be a little more like a personal assistant. I don't know how an internet-centric Google Now will play out on a smartwatch.

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
Very interested in this. I hope they tweak Google Now to not be so internet-centric and to be a little more like a personal assistant. I don't know how an internet-centric Google Now will play out on a smartwatch.

It works fine on the Galaxy Gear on Null. I love it, use it all the time on day to day things. It does have great audio responses to questions but your right, it's no Siri.

Jose_Carlos

Jan 3, 2012
Málaga
Nothing Phone 1
I read in engadget a report and until the next year google don't start with is own watch. I can't wait to the next year, I want a watch now. I like the SmartQ Z because is cheap but...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    112858orfeugtumuaugrrf.jpg.thumb.jpg

According to a knower of things,*@evleaks, Google’s*long rumored entry*into the budding smartwatch market will come at this year’s Google IO in June and will be manufactured by LG.

We haven’t heard much from Google regarding a smartwatch, often leaving tech bloggers and enthusiasts to piece the puzzle together over the past year.**We know that last year*Google purchased WIMM, a smartwatch manufacturer, and quietly added the wearable company into the Android fold. We also know that Google has beenawarded a patent*or two for*smartwatches*in the past, slowly adding to the intellectual property needed for successful entry into this market.

As for LG as the manufacturer of choice, LG and Google have a good history together, producing televisions with Google TV, the**Nexus 4, and the recent**Nexus 5. In fact, it was reported a year ago that LG was getting into the*Android smartwatch craze, so this little*gem*should be right up LG’s alley.

tybe9umy.jpg

Sent from my IM-A820L using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing this news!
    Cant wait to see a video of it..
    Hope its better then the gear2