[Q] Which ROMs for the v500 have multitasking support (floating or splitview)

Search This thread

ptargino

Nov 26, 2012
João Pessoa
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a ROM for the G Pad (v500) with multitasking support. I need it mostly to watch lessons whilst reading some material (mostly pdfs). I know the stock rom has a floating video player, but it doesn't play most video formats.

So far I've tested Omni 4.4 w/ multi-window, but it's a little buggy with MXPlayer in Splitview and when I'm interacting with one app (Adobe Reader, for example), it freezes the other (MXPlayer, for example).

It doesn't matter if the multitasking is done via splitview or floating windows. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a ROM for the G Pad (v500) with multitasking support. I need it mostly to watch lessons whilst reading some material (mostly pdfs). I know the stock rom has a floating video player, but it doesn't play most video formats.

So far I've tested Omni 4.4 w/ multi-window, but it's a little buggy with MXPlayer in Splitview and when I'm interacting with one app (Adobe Reader, for example), it freezes the other (MXPlayer, for example).

It doesn't matter if the multitasking is done via splitview or floating windows. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
You can have mxplayer run in the background (not sure if video images get rendered or not)

I remember seeing in the multiwindoe code patch about setting which side of window is active... I might patch that section (could lead to lower battery life).

Have you seen other implementations that work with both splitscrrens active, like Samsung's split view? I've tried xposed+xfloatingwindows, same "bug"

Alternative is an app like BsPlayer, which actually does its own pop-out to floating window feature, like the Facebook chat heads

ptargino

Nov 26, 2012
João Pessoa
Didn't know about this BSPlayer feature. I'm gona give it a whirl. Thanks! :)

You can have mxplayer run in the background (not sure if video images get rendered or not)

I remember seeing in the multiwindoe code patch about setting which side of window is active... I might patch that section (could lead to lower battery life).

Have you seen other implementations that work with both splitscrrens active, like Samsung's split view? I've tried xposed+xfloatingwindows, same "bug"

Alternative is an app like BsPlayer, which actually does its own pop-out to floating window feature, like the Facebook chat heads