[ROM-Test Built] Android 4.2 Test Build - 4.1.2/4.2 Combo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drewgaren

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
Android 4.2 Test Build (4.1.2/4.2 Combo)
for GSM Galaxy Nexus
by DrewGaren

Thread Closed Upon 4.2 Official Release - Thanks for the testing

First off this is not really Android 4.2. It is a partial port using Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.2 JZO54K and Nexus 4 Android 4.2 JOP24G to create a combo Test Build. It contains a majority of Android 4.2 JOP24G files including all Android 4.2 GAPPS. It does not currently contain the 4.2 systemui and framework as the rom currently needs Android 4.1.2 systemui and framework to run from the first test build this was ported from. The libs and apps are all up to date with the latest Android 4.2 Nexus 4 system.This build runs fantastically and is better then ever and is the closest thing you will find to the released 4.2 JOP24G build coming soon. Pulled from the dumps this build runs great! So enjoy.

Features:
Android 4.1.2 JZO54K/Android 4.2 JOP24G Combo Build
Android 4.2 JOP24G System Apps
Android 4.2 Gapps
Android 4.1.2 System UI and Framework
Updated Android 4.2 Lib
Updated /system/etc -> from android 4.2
More android 4.2 updates
4.2 Lockscreen, widgets do not work
rooted
deodexed
stock JZO54K kernel
The best and closest thing to Android 4.2 release that runs great!

Download Android 4.2 Test Build for GSM Galaxy Nexus
Mirror Here
Dev Host Mirror

Additional Mods:
Extend Power Menu Mods Can Be Added By Visiting http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747709&highlight=extended+power+menu
or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1771307&highlight=extended+power+menu

Mod_24_dpi_navbar_4.1.2 - Deodex.zip
Mod_30_dpi_navbar_4.1.2 - Deodex.zip
Mod_32_dpi_navbar_4.1.2 - Deodex.zip
Mod_36_dpi_navbar_4.1.2 - Deodex.zip
Restore_Stock_Navbar_4.1.2 Deodex.zip
credit - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1946350&highlight=navbar+mod

notification toggles - download power toggles from the play store set it up your way and enable the toggles in notification.

Some Screenshots:

shapeimage_5.png
2.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
Screenshot_2012-11-08-19-29-09.jpg

Last edited:

plmosqueda

Apr 21, 2011
Valencia
Looks good. Downloading. Any recommendations ? Any specific kernel or something?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

eucurto

Jul 11, 2007
Can you please test and confirm if the "swipe" keyboard has portuguese language with swipe working?

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
I'm back. Everything is smooth. About screen says 4.2

Google apps are already there. Camera works etc.

Will play with it some more tonight just restored my og rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

drewgaren

Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
Can you please test and confirm if the "swipe" keyboard has portuguese language with swipe working?

yes it does work it will require an additional dictionary download which will be prompted after you select portuguese as your language settings in under the language & input -> android keyboard -> input languages

Reactions: eucurto

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
Did you port 4.2 to the GN. Or did you just change 4.1.2 to 4.2 in the build.prop? As far as I know, there is only a system dump of the 4.2 apps.. so how could it be 4.2?

dyepnoodle

Dec 5, 2010
Manila
Did you port 4.2 to the GN. Or did you just change 4.1.2 to 4.2 in the build.prop? As far as I know, there is only a system dump of the 4.2 apps.. so how could it be 4.2?

as he stated on the first post. its still 4.1.2 he just added all the leaked stuff from 4.2. i think he just edited the build prop to make it appear 4.2 but the fingerprint and everything is 4.1.2 libs and etc files are from 4.2.

drewgaren

Nov 4, 2010
Detroit

There are two leaks, 1 contains only the system apps and the other contains the full system dump which is an earlier build of 4.2 available to the public. If you have read the OP this not a port as it's not currently possible yet without all the proper files. But this is the closest thing to a port as possible right now, it's not a full port but a partial port. This is a 4.1.2 and 4.2 combo build. The build uses 4.2 apps and updated libs and some other files, however to make it possible to boot and run at the current time it has to use the 4.1.2 systemui and framework and be set at api 16. The build id and version have been copied in beyond compare from another 4.2 system dump in my possession. So in the future read the op it's a combo build of Galaxy Nexus 4.1.2 and Nexus 4 Android 4.2. It even say's it in the title of the thread.

Does the new swiping with the keyboard work with dutch language?

All languages will work, it will ask you to download an additional language dictionary.

Last edited by a moderator:

cundiffr

Nov 8, 2010
Newark
Thanks drew its nice to see you here! You did a good job on the s3 which i just sold in preparation for the nexus 4 and now I get run one of your roms on my gn! I appreciate all of your work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts