Search This thread

zibrah3ed

Aug 16, 2010
Kansas
Original thread can be found here.
Credit to :
xalien8dx
mattiadj

I have modified this script to work with the SM-T310. If you want it to work on other Tab 3 models you will need to provide me your external sd card device node.

Follow instructions in the quoted text below using the script attached to this post.

Here's a script I modified originally its a script written by mattiadj so I gotta give him props
Here's his thread its for the Galaxy S III I think - http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1772234
This will make your external SDcard as Internal and your Internal SDCard external
It mounts data/media to your extSdcard

Please make a backup before you do this, just in case.
Let me know if you have any problems

1. Anyway.. you will need to place this script in your /data folder (Yes you need to be rooted)
2. Next use ES file manager and give it 777 permission (For the non-linux users, that's full permission on it, Read, write, execute for just user)
-----------------to do this with ES file manager just press and hold down on the file and look at its properties. At the bottom you can see Permissions, hit the Change button and check-mark everything for user
3. Use Smamager (Download it if you dont have it, ... .its free) and goto the script file and open as script/execute, then when it opens choose "Is executable" and then click "Su" & "Boot". Click "Save".
4. Reboot and enjoy.

To go back to the normal setup just delete the script or open it back up in smanager and clear the SU & Boot options.

In order for some apps to function properly you will have to copy some folders from your old internal sdcard to your "New" one.
For example.. aptoide wouldnt work until the aptoide repos folder was copied over. If you want you can just copy over everything to be safe. I on the other hand just picked and chose what I needed

Finding Device Node

1. Run "mount from terminal emulator. The out put should look similar to the following:

Code:
127|u0_a55@lt01wifi:/ $ mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
selinuxfs /sys/fs/selinux selinuxfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackupPro-1 ext4 ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/fuse tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=775,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/SYSTEM /system ext4 ro,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/EFS /efs ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,journal_async_commit,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/CACHE /cache ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,errors=panic,user_xattr,barrier=1,journal_async_commit,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/USERDATA /data ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,journal_async_commit,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,discard 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/shell/emulated fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
[B]/dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 vfat[/B][/B]rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/sdcard1 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
tmpfs /storage/emulated tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=751,gid=1028 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/emulated/0 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/emulated/legacy fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

2. The bolded line is what is needed from other devices /dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 vfat.

Attachments

• t310_extsd2internalsd.zip
    982 bytes · Views: 182
Last edited:

defleshed2

Feb 6, 2013
i feel like im doing somthnig wrong

Hey,

So i think im doing somthnig wrong, i have Smanager and placed the file in root data. Ran the script, then whenever I try to reboot my sm-t210r device the screen does not turn back on and i need to reformat, ive tried this script and also the original script but changed it to 179:73 both did same thing. I feel like im missing somthing but idk what

Last edited:

zibrah3ed

Aug 16, 2010
Kansas
Hey,

So i think im doing somthnig wrong, i have Smanager and placed the file in root data. Ran the script, then whenever I try to reboot my sm-t210r device the screen does not turn back on and i need to reformat, ive tried this script and also the original script but changed it to 179:73 both did same thing. I feel like im missing somthing but idk what

Possibly dumb question but is your external sd formatted as vfat?

zibrah3ed

Aug 16, 2010
Kansas
Exfat and vfat are the same for system type no need to reformat your card.

This script is known to work on the 310 (8" WiFi only). At this point the 210 version (7") apparently does not work. The banefire burns strongly.

The script allows the external SD card to be used in place of the internal SD.

sent from a buggy xda app by some miracle

Top Liked Posts