New Opera Mini 5 and Latest Jbed all-in-one cab

Search This thread

optyqus

Sep 8, 2007
Romania, NT
How about the option to install on hard drive or memory card . And option to set as default browser. Great app , you did a great job on this.

I choosed to limit the installation to the main memory for two reasons: 1. all WM devices released on market in the last 3 years generaly have enough space memory and you can install many apps to this location, and 2. Opera Mini works better when installed into the main memory. You'll notice that using a browser installed on storage card also increases your battery consumption and makes your device to heat more rapidly.

I do however plan to release a storage card version, in order to satisfy more tastes; also, the default browser feature will soon be added.:)

zodiac

Mar 27, 2005
So far so good here. :D Thanks a lot! I was using the beta version on my Diamond, but went back to 4.2 since the beta was buggy. None of the bugs have shown up in your version, so I'm really happy.

Thanks a lot! you rock!

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
i choosed to limit the installation to the main memory for two reasons: 1. All wm devices released on market in the last 3 years generaly have enough space memory and you can install many apps to this location, and 2. Opera mini works better when installed into the main memory. You'll notice that using a browser installed on storage card also increases your battery consumption and makes your device to heat more rapidly.

I do however plan to release a storage card version, in order to satisfy more tastes; also, the default browser feature will soon be added.:)

thanks man !

rk73

Mar 11, 2006
Stockholm
I have problem with downloading files with Opera mini, anyone else have this issue?
I got Swedish WM6.5 and none of the folders suggested for download exists on my TP2.
Tried to create the folders but it doesnt help.

optyqus

Sep 8, 2007
Romania, NT
@rk73, this might be a Jbed related problem (something about language support). Try going to Settings/System/Regional Settings and on the "Region" tab set "English (United States)". This will not change your system language, only some other stuff (like time and date format etc), but there's a chance this will fix your problem with Opera mini.

Last edited:

nicktgr15

Feb 21, 2006
Hi.
The w/vga version doesn't render correctly the unicode(greek in my case) characters...could you change the fonts? or tell me how to do it? thanks

optyqus

Sep 8, 2007
Romania, NT
Hi.
The w/vga version doesn't render correctly the unicode(greek in my case) characters...could you change the fonts? or tell me how to do it? thanks
Well, the cabs I posted contain Opera Mini- English International version... i only guarantee these cabs will work on WWE roms.
If you want the greek version, unzip the attached file and install the jar file inside, but this will mess up the "Selector.utf" file and there are good chances that after this Opera mini will require you the permissions. However, there are several workarounds for this in the forums, please search them.

how do i uninstall this? It keeps coming back after I try to uninstall it.
Just uninstall, than go to Windows\Appdb folder and delete any file that starts with s0_ (like s0_jaj, s0_obj, s0_d0.db etc). Of course, I'm assuming Opera Mini is the first java app installed...

For nicktgr15

Last edited:

psycoy

Apr 24, 2009
caserta
@rk73, this might be a Jbed related problem (something about language support). Try going to Settings/System/Regional Settings and on the "Region" tab set "English (United States)". This will not change your system language, only some other stuff (like time and date format etc), but there's a chance this will fix your problem with Opera mini.

Opera mini 5.0.3521 is multilanguage and not use jbed, just fun!

optyqus

Sep 8, 2007
Romania, NT
@psycoy:
Trying to make things easier with Opera Mini 5 java (as the native WM Opera Mini is still beta and has some issues)
There are several issues I encountered on Opera Mini 5 native WM (it doesn't save passwords on proxy connections, it doesn't like some user keyboards, like Touchpal- when you try to delete a character it will delete the entire text!, and many other stuff)- this why many users still prefer the java version.

nicktgr15

Feb 21, 2006
Well, the cabs I posted contain Opera Mini- English International version... i only guarantee these cabs will work on WWE roms.
If you want the greek version, unzip the attached file and install the jar file inside, but this will mess up the "Selector.utf" file and there are good chances that after this Opera mini will require you the permissions. However, there are several workarounds for this in the forums, please search them.

nicktgr15

fonts in opera (ui etc) are ok but fonts in greek websites are not rendered correctly.try www.in.gr for example...

andylayo

Sep 1, 2008
Bedfordshire
AWESOME:D: thanks for this.

I rarley used the net on my phone,only when I had to cause it was painfully slow with most browsers.This is lightening fast,I find myself surfing lots more now.Especially on the craper:D

djtiko

Jun 21, 2009
Wow this is great, didnt realise there was an updated version. I have one problem though.

With the previous version everytime I go to www.facebook.com, im logged on into someone elses account. :S I don't understand how its happening, but the other day I was logged into someones account from England and today I was logged into someones account from New York when I live in Toronto.

It never happened with internet explorer or the painful facebook app. Just wondering why its happening with your version of opera. Perhaps the new version you put up fixes this problem.

Thanks

optyqus

Sep 8, 2007
Romania, NT
@djtiko, the login problem was a bug of the first release. I fixed it and updated the first post with new cabs (they contain a new build of Opera Mini). Please uninstall your version (IMPORTANT: also go to Windows and delete the "appdb" folder to get rid of all remains of previous Opera Mini). Please read the first post carefully! (you should have done it by now)

nicktgr15

Feb 21, 2006
I already posted the jar file for your language in this post, just install it... this is all I can do for you at this moment. I'm taking in consideration to make few other cabs with opera mini in other languages.

Thanks for the cab ...i didn't notice it in my previous message but... it didn't fix the issue. Characters in Greek sites appear ok when i select "medium" sized fonts...the problem occurs when i select the "small" (for vga screen) characters..

Anyway!...not a big deal...