Where to buy the "real" TF700T dock?

Search This thread

Nerva

Jan 14, 2010
It seems like 90% of the posts I read about TF700T docks are from people who have the relabeled 201 dock (some happy, some not), but there are also claims that people have seen the two designs torn down, so there must be "real" 700 docks apparently floating around out there to compare vs. relabeled ones. Since ASUS relabeled the 201 inventory as 700 docks, I am assuming at some point retailers will sell out of the 201 units and restock with

I am wondering if there are retailers that are known to carry the "real" dock now?

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
It seems like 90% of the posts I read about TF700T docks are from people who have the relabeled 201 dock (some happy, some not), but there are also claims that people have seen the two designs torn down, so there must be "real" 700 docks apparently floating around out there to compare vs. relabeled ones. Since ASUS relabeled the 201 inventory as 700 docks, I am assuming at some point retailers will sell out of the 201 units and restock with

I am wondering if there are retailers that are known to carry the "real" dock now?
Mine is from BestBuy. The real TF700 dock.

ooonimrodooo

Jan 28, 2011
Corfu, Ny
Just bought a dock from Best Buy today. Had the TF700 stickers over the TF201 sticker. But honestly people. This is the real dock. It even came with the new firmware. Nothing installed when i first the tablet into it and its up to date. Feels great to me. Fits perfect. The lock clicks fine. I think that we are chasing the REAL TF700 dock for nothing. If people had problems with it fitting, they must have had a defective dock or tablet. Even if the real dock does exist, I'm 100% happy with this dock. Everything seems to work. All the buttons work. What do you have to lose? Get it from Best Buy, stickers over stickers or not. If you hate it or have a problem, return it! Best Buy is good like that.

Reactions: MaritimeGamer

MaritimeGamer

Jul 27, 2011
Fredericton
www.gamespeak.ca
If it is not the same color it is Not the right dock. I don't care what sticker they put on it. Can you imagine buying a new car and having the dealer install a different hood that was last years model (but nothing has changed but the color) would yo be happy with that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

ooonimrodooo

Jan 28, 2011
Corfu, Ny
If it is not the same color it is Not the right dock. I don't care what sticker they put on it. Can you imagine buying a new car and having the dealer install a different hood that was last years model (but nothing has changed but the color) would yo be happy with that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

I don't really feel that I can compare this to a car. Because this dock being a slightly different color would not bother me one bit especially if it worked exactly the same. But of course a different color hood would.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
There is no such thing as a "real" TF700 dock, other than the one with the stickers on the box.... It's been discussed to death already, but I truly believe that the docking part of the re-labeled TF700 dock is slightly different than the original TF201 dock. But other than that, it's really just the same dock and it works fine...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Jun 8, 2012
Just bought a dock from Best Buy today. Had the TF700 stickers over the TF201 sticker. But honestly people. This is the real dock. It even came with the new firmware. Nothing installed when i first the tablet into it and its up to date. Feels great to me. Fits perfect. The lock clicks fine. I think that we are chasing the REAL TF700 dock for nothing. If people had problems with it fitting, they must have had a defective dock or tablet. Even if the real dock does exist, I'm 100% happy with this dock. Everything seems to work. All the buttons work. What do you have to lose? Get it from Best Buy, stickers over stickers or not. If you hate it or have a problem, return it! Best Buy is good like that.

Good input. Does the machine tip over backwards when the screen is tilted fully backwards?

Nerva

Jan 14, 2010
Yeah the balance issue is what concerned me as well -- I know they are functionally identical but if they really did relocate the battery to make it less prone to tipping over, that's something I want.

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
I can confirm that my TF700 does not "tip over" when tilted back all of the way... I have the dock that had the TF700 sticker over the TF201 designation...

Reactions: sapienssapiens

ooonimrodooo

Jan 28, 2011
Corfu, Ny
I can confirm that my TF700 does not "tip over" when tilted back all of the way... I have the dock that had the TF700 sticker over the TF201 designation...

I second this, its stable all the way back. Give it a push and it might fall, but its not going to fall on its own. I feel that its safe.

Sent from EVO LTE using the XDA app

hillyard

Aug 5, 2011
Washington
I second this, its stable all the way back. Give it a push and it might fall, but its not going to fall on its own. I feel that its safe.

I can confirm this also. Just picked up the dock from Best Buy today. Had a sticker over the tf201, but that may be a miss print because the same label has TF-700T-DOCK-GR printed on it.

elgar

Nov 12, 2006
Kharkiv
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I can confirm this also. Just picked up the dock from Best Buy today. Had a sticker over the tf201, but that may be a miss print because the same label has TF-700T-DOCK-GR printed on it.
I got the dock from Best Buy. Had to order it twice, because they didn't sent the shampain gold color. It has a sticker that it is a TF700/TF201 Mobile Docking. The problem I have is that the tablet doesn't fit easily into the dock. I have to use some pressure for the lock to it in place. I owned TF300 before, and the tablet easily got into its place in the dock. So, I am thinking, that maybe I need to have the keyboard replaced. Has anyone have the same issues with the dock?

C4RB1N3

Oct 10, 2012
The "real TF700 dock" is the Asus Transformer Pad Mobile Dock with a sticker that says "Compatible with: TF700 Series/TF201.

Last edited:

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
there was a post here about the dock for the tf500 which is also called the TF700/tf500 dock. Rumored to be on sale very soon, and I think that some retailers were already putting up info on Amazon etc.

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
I have yet to see a single dock for the 700 that has the contours for the 700 fit exactly in the dock mechanism. Seems to me like they are all one curve like the 200 is, not angular like the 700 is.

There was a post kicking around about the internals being identical, battery life being different because of power draw by the beefier tablet is greater than the older one. For now the 200 dock is all we have, however its labled.

And to anyone that says they have a legit 700 dock, dock your tablet, look at the dock mech and see the gaps between the angle of the base of the tablet and the smooth curve of the dock mech. Congrats, you have a 200 dock. If yours is a perfect fit then pics or it didnt happen.

Cheers!

k1t4r0

Feb 24, 2010
São Paulo

Best Buy ;]

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Coors

Nov 22, 2012
I've been researching which tablet to buy and have been leaning heavily towards the TF700. Newegg has a combo with the TF300T KB/dock. Is the TF300T dock any better or worse than the TF500/700/201 or whatever dock? It has a 16W/h size battery according to the specs. And in the pictures it looks more blue rather then gray like the TF700...is that right? Should I bother looking for a different dock?

I can't post a link yet but it's Item#: N82E16834991741

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought the AD01 after not finding any older models at local Best Buys. Fortunately, I found a TF201 dock at Office Depot! OD did pricematch BB so I got it for $100. Locking mechanism felt the same on both. I did not notice any difference in viewing angles before it tipped backwards on a slippery surface. The color of the TF201 dock matches the Infinity perfectly, while the AD01 plastic is much darker and even the metal front is a shade darker than my Infinity. The traction pads and connector symbols are slightly different and as someone previously mentioned. I'm very pleased with the change and I recommend everyone scour their local stores.

Boxes
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992469858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992507615.jpg

Visual Difference
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992522921.jpg

Labels on Docks
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992543651.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358992555290.jpg

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk.