Cm7.2.0 Rom v2.0 - Ganesh (14/03/2012)

Search This thread

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
Lmfao

Oh yeah, and are there still many FC's ? I went to MIUI because there were so many apps that I couldn't use because they keep FCing

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA

In the last frankenstains cm7_mini i didnt have any fc... I dont remember this one... :)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Apparently using this for about a week now, and the only problems im facing with DDKP3 as a base is the WiFi connection issues, sometimes WiFi despite being on won't connect it shows as greyed out, then later turns blue after a while, isn't a big deal but it won't connect immediately like it used to. Still great :)

-The other would be chat sync, especially when using apps like Whatsapp, it tends to go out of sync, despite receiving messages it doesn't auto scroll down like it should, you need to pull up to refresh to make sure, good thing for notification sounds.

-Static ringtone, nothing wrong with the sound, just the phone won't remember a static ringtone at times. If you set a system ringtone or a zedge one, it tends to forget at times and would choose randomly one of the many ringtones available which makes it a guessing game :p Best way is after each restart to check if the preset one is enabled instead of randomized.

Battery life isn't one to argue with, Just combine it with Juice Defender and you might get 5% more efficient usage per minute. Brought me about 2 more extra hours of life, I swapped from the conservative/deadline 300-1200 to Lionheart/cfq 300-1000 as that brings enough smoothness without any issues.

Camera? I prefer the one from MIUI as that had touch focus, I can't seen to find the touch focus on this, any way this can be changed to that version boss? As the CM7 camera used in MIUI seemed better.

Great job as always ganesh. I do have a question as to what kernel alternative have people been using? I find it hard to get an estimated 18 hr usage as it tends to die a little bit faster with or without OC.

Reactions: matapollos

loSconosciuto

Nov 21, 2011
-The other would be chat sync, especially when using apps like Whatsapp, it tends to go out of sync, despite receiving messages it doesn't auto scroll down like it should, you need to pull up to refresh to make sure, good thing for notification sounds.
I think he didn't add XDA_Bam's fix in the kernel.

Camera? I prefer the one from MIUI as that had touch focus, I can't seen to find the touch focus on this, any way this can be changed to that version boss? As the CM7 camera used in MIUI seemed better.
When I used waleedq's CM touch-to-focus wasn't enabled by default, but it was there: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/images/about-page/snap20110908_1427361.png

Sp8ky

Nov 23, 2011
Tulcea
and weirdly enough cm9 is getting slower and slower, so after 3 months of using cm9, i'm back today on cm7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Continuing from where JP had left, here is the latest update of the CM7.2.0 Rom. This release is based on Waleed's CM7 and JP's Cm7.2 Rom.

Credits:

Changelog:

Giy_Cm7.2 V1

• Reverted to default Adw Launcher.
    • Removed Ics Mixed Theme.
    • Added Ice9 Ics theme.
    • Added Utter Chaos UC9 Based Cm7 kernel.
    • Added Virtuous OC-I/O Scheduler Setting.
      • Default I/O Scheduler : cfq
      • Wake Settings : 300/1000/SmartAssV2.
      • Sleep Settings : 300/300/Powersave.
    • Added Various init.d tweaks
    • Added Nama's gps patch.
    • Added Dsp Manager.
    Giy_Cm7.2 V2

• Added Intellidemand and Lionheart governors to Kernel.
    • Improved Sound quality.
    • Little improvement in battery performance.
    • Removed Virtuous OC-I/O Scheduler Setting.
    • Default governor is Smartassv2 and Deadline is default scheduler.
    • Faster and more smoother.
    • More leaner (removed some not required apps).
    • Included ILWT app which allows to set cpu profiles.
    • Latest market app Google Play, Included.
    Installation:

• Download the Rom and Google Apps if desired.
    • Copy the ROM and Google Apps Zip to external sd card of your mobile.
    • Go to Cwm recovery.
    • Flash the zip. (Clean flash desirable but not Mandatory)
    • If not a clean flash, Backup apps and do a "wipe data/factory reset" from cwm recovery.
    • Reboot.
    • Flash the Google Apps zip from Cwm recovery.
    • Reboot.
    Change Governor and I/O Scheduler settings: (for v1)

• Run terminal type "su" without the quotes.
    • Then type "voc" without the quotes.
    • Make your selections.
    Note:

• The installer automatically converts system partitions to ext4.
    • All that worked with Waleed Cm7 will work in this Rom too.
    Downloads:

Screen Shots:

Tweaks
    • Improve Cm7 Battery Life LINK (Don't know if it works)
    To-Do Next
    • Phone Vibration strength.
    • Voice search & Voice dialer.
    • Wifi tethering.
    Useful Links

• How to Use ILWT CPU Controller:

• Go to General Settings
    • Click "Install ILWT OC Daemon"
    • Click "Create Config"
    • Here you can set up 5 profiles: wake/sleep/charge/temperature/battery.
    • Once the profiles are setup, click on "Start ILWT OC Daemon"
    • If it starts properly, the daemon pid will be indicated in green.
    • Updated ILWT (Credit Dipu K):
      • Dipu K has modified the ILWT OC controller and added option to setup IO-Scheduler, which was missing in the original. To use this completly uninstall ILWT along with the Daemon.
      • New ILWT OC Scheduler. (Updated 16/03/2012). The options are more streamlined and easier to understand.
    • How to set I/O Scheduler:

• Click Menu
    • Go to Settings
    • CyanogenMod Settings
    • Performance
    • Cpu Settings
    • Available I/O schedulers.
    • Select the I/O scheduler you want.
    • Phone Soft Boots when installing apps:

• Do a factory reset and flash again.
    • Try factory reset from CWM recovery, if it does not work, do from within the phone.
    • Status bar on top:

• Go to Settings - CyanogenMod Settings - Tablet Tweaks Uncheck "Bottom Statusbar"
    • Clock not visible:

• Go to Settings - CyanogenMod Settings - Interface - Statusbar Tweaks - Clock Color.
    • External Sdcard to Samsung Default:

• Before flashing this zip, make sure that the sdcard points to internal sdcard.
    • Download the zip and flash it from cwm recovery.
    • It creates /sdcard/external_sd folder and mounts the external sd card on this folder.
    • LINK - Giy_Cm7.2_ExternalSdCard_Samsung_Default.zip
    • External Sdcard to Samsung Default - Swap:

• Before flashing this zip, make sure that the sdcard points to internal sdcard.
    • Download the zip and flash it from cwm recovery.
    • It creates /sdcard/external_sd folder and mounts the internal sd card on this folder. External Sdcard is mounted on /mnt/sdcard.
    • LINK - Giy_Cm7.2_ExternalSdCard_Samsung_Swap.zip
    Cm7.2 Rc1 For Samung Galaxy SL Coming soon.:D
    This will be a pure cm7.2 build with no customizations.
    Ganesh are u going to work with waleedq? Are u developing cm7 on ur own or leaving it?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

I am still with cm7 and I am not leaving it.
    hey people.i made these two patches using the AC patcher to modify the status bar layout to look more similar to ICS.this patch has has the swipe to clear notification function too!!:D:D
    im posting the two files over here along with a screenshot

method:
    *go to recovery
    *flash ics_patch and reboot
    *got to recovery again and flash ics_undo and reboot
    *flash ics_patch again from recovery and reboot