Slow Wifi download

Search This thread

totom96

Jul 5, 2012
Hi, when I download something with my PC/Nexus 5 I usually get download speeds of about 11mbits, but when I try to download files from the Play Store/the Browser on my OPO I have download speeds of ~2mbits... If I download for example 4 files at the same time with the browser it goes to 8mbit... It cant be the fault of the download server, because it gives me full download speed on my other devices...
Anyone who has encountered the same problems/who knows a fix?
Thanks, Tom.

Gordie88

Aug 3, 2014
same... Speed test on my one is just slow... I just got it today compared to other wifi or just data transfer seems slow

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Change the TCP Congestion Algorithm on your phone, search on how to do it. My wifi speeds are perfectly fine, getting 80Mb/s+ on my wireless n router.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
I had the same issue. You have to go to settings, WiFi and then click on advanced WiFi and uncheck WiFi Optimization.

Attachments

• 1407135254438.jpg
    1407135254438.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 825
Reactions: Gordie88

Gordie88

Aug 3, 2014
Turned WiFi optimization off and back in business.

Now to figure out proper network settings. I find the phone not on 4g when it should be

Amkolino

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna
I'm glad I could help.

Hi, I know the thread is old but my download speeds are slow with my OPO. And just with my OPO. (Iphone, Ipad, Former HTC One M8 works fine)

I realised it with the Facebook App and in the Google Play Store.
When I open the Store and go e.g. to games section, it shows me the games apps but not their pictures. If I turn off WiFi it works well.
Same in Facebook, I can read the comments but can't see the pictures. Again, turning off WiFi and using my mobile connection works fine.

I turned off the optimization, but it didn't help.
It increased the download speed (Speedtest App from Ookla) to 25 Mbits (from 12 with optimization) but the surfing problem remained the same..no pictures in Google Play Store e.g.
Im getting 40 Mbits with my Ipad 3 (without losing any) and 60 mbits with my Notebook.

I restartet the phone (shut down, wait 10 sec, turn on), turn off and on the wifi optimization, checked my WiFi-Channel with "WiFi Analyzer".

When i turned on the flightmode and then turned on only WifI, I got 55 Mbit download! My connection worked fine for a few minutes and went back to 12 Mbit (with optimization) and 25 Mbit (without optimization)

How can I fix this issue? Surfin with WiFi at home is not possible like that, even when I'm getting 25 Mbit as downloadspeed, which would be more then fine to surf on the phone..

Edit:
Im running the newest: 11.0-XNPH38R

Last edited:

MrPaveL

May 26, 2007
Praha
Hey folks!

It's worth checking, take a look into Settings -> Performance -> per-app profiles. Make sure it's unticked.

With that option enabled I had maximum download/upload speed up to 5Mbps and it was driving me crazy, I was thinking of selling 1+. Anyway, disabling per-app profiles saved the day and download speed was as on N5.

Hope it helps.

Pavel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same issue. You have to go to settings, WiFi and then click on advanced WiFi and uncheck WiFi Optimization.