[Q] [SOLVED] Generic IMEI on AOSP ROM

Search This thread

zrebec

Oct 8, 2010
Bratislava
Hello.... Before few months ago I tried one Samsung-based ROM which changed my efs to efs v2 becuase this ROM used the XXEMG4 baseband... I lost my IMEI but I repair it by Kies and flashing orinal ROM via ODIN. But I can using ONLY Samsung-based ROMs. I cannot use Cyanogenmod (I tried only Cyanogenmod 11) or another AOSP ROM (e.g. I tried SuperNexus with the same result) because evertime I lost the IMEI and I got the generic IMEI (0049990106400).

I tried install Cyanogenmod and then XXEMG4 modem or XXEMG2 from here but nothing helps :(

It's any chance to use a AOSP-based ROM in the future? I don't belive. But if you have some hints or helps, please reply. I think that I really tried many tricks from XDA Developers forum or from Youtube but nothing helps...

I tried every modem from this link or I tried also many tricks from this thread but nothing helps...

Maybe I cannot using Samung modems on AOSP ROM, or can I?

Of course, I can using any Samsung-based ROM (Ultima, Omega, Stock). Then IMEI is OK and efsv2 basebands reads my efs folder without any problem. Only AOSP ROMs have a problem

Thanks for hints and help :eek:

Last edited:

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hello.... Before few months ago I tried one Samsung-based ROM which changed my efs to efs v2 becuase this ROM used the XXEMG4 baseband... I lost my IMEI but I repair it by Kies and flashing orinal ROM via ODIN. But I can using ONLY Samsung-based ROMs. I cannot use Cyanogenmod (I tried only Cyanogenmod 11) or another AOSP ROM (e.g. I tried SuperNexus with the same result) because evertime I lost the IMEI and I got the generic IMEI (0049990106400).

I tried install Cyanogenmod and then XXEMG4 modem or XXEMG2 from here but nothing helps :(

It's any chance to use a AOSP-based ROM in the future? I don't belive. But if you have some hints or helps, please reply. I think that I really tried many tricks from here or from youtube but nothing helps...

I tried every modem from this link or I tried also many tricks from this thread but nothing helps...

Of course, I can using any Samsung-based ROM (Ultima, Omega, Stock). Then IMEI is OK and efsv2 basebands reads my efs folder without any problem. Only AOSP ROMs have a problem

Have you tried the patched modems >> https://drive.google.com/folderview...=sharing&tid=0B6MIUd7HJudAbU5YaGkzOUowMG8#lis << I have efs v2 upgraded from efs v1 and can use asop roms omni or stock without any problems.I personally don't use the any patched modems because i have never had any problems but they may help you

Last edited:
Reactions: zrebec

zrebec

Oct 8, 2010
Bratislava
SOLVED

SOLVED :))) WOW :)) OK, I tried your recommended Patched modems but dind't help. But before installing Cyanogenmod I backup my efs folder from my Samsung ROM. After installed CM I don't have any IMEI (IMEI was null). So, I tried your patched kernel. Then I got generic IMEI and then I copied !ONLY 2 FILES! from my backuped efs folder. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 and my problem is solved! :)

My problem was that I restored complete my EFS folder from Samsung ROM and thi is wrong. Only 2 files are needed. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5. Of course, you must have a functional Samsung based ROM and then backup EFS before installing Cyanogenmod :good:

So, maybe this reply hepls to others :)

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
SOLVED :))) WOW :)) OK, I tried your recommended Patched modems but dind't help. But before installing Cyanogenmod I backup my efs folder from my Samsung ROM. After installed CM I don't have any IMEI (IMEI was null). So, I tried your patched kernel. Then I got generic IMEI and then I copied !ONLY 2 FILES! from my backuped efs folder. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 and my problem is solved! :)

My problem was that I restored complete my EFS folder from Samsung ROM and thi is wrong. Only 2 files are needed. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5. Of course, you must have a functional Samsung based ROM and then backup EFS before installing Cyanogenmod :good:

Glad to see you got it working this is usefull advice I am sure it will be of use to some one well done.:good::good::)

josecleocir

Sep 30, 2011
Joinville - SC
EFS on Touchwiz SM-N910C

Can i Donate for you?
I did exactly what you said, copied those files to EFS, rebooted and WOW, It just worked!Did that on my Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C
Love u man LOL
Im trying to restore my EFS since last friday, so i had been 5 days working on it.
A lot of ppl said that I needed to copy nv_data.bak from Cyanogenmod and put it on EFS on touchwiz, and it never worked :crying::crying::crying:
You deserve your own topic on XDA, so people with the same problem could solve it.
Thanks!!!!!!! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SOLVED

It's any chance to use a AOSP-based ROM in the future? I don't belive. But if you have some hints or helps, please reply. I think that I really tried many tricks from here or from youtube but nothing helps...

Have you tried the patched modems >> https://drive.google.com/folderview...=sharing&tid=0B6MIUd7HJudAbU5YaGkzOUowMG8#lis << I have efs v2 upgraded from efs v1 and can use asop roms omni or stock without any problems.I personally don't use the any patched modems because i have never had any problems but they may help you