G2X went for a swim with me on the 4th.....

Search This thread

zoppp

Nov 17, 2011
So do all of you have insurance? I dont

Sent From My Handheld Portal Device

noodlev1

Nov 20, 2006
Called T-Mobile and Asurion "the people that handle T-Mobile insurance".

You do need the protection plan "insurance".

This is the info I got. Phone must be lost, stolen or broken, by way of user mishap ex. jumped in to the pool with you, lost, stolen, dropped, and broken by the user basically anything that is covered buy the protection plan, not the warranty. If it's a factory or faulty hardware issue that's the warranty, then they will just send you a replacement G2x. Most likely a refurbished one, I've had my g2x replaced for over heating while charging and they just sent me a refurbished g2x, at least it was free.

You will have to pay the deductible which is $130 USD depending on your protection plan.

Now this is the important part, depending on what the insurance company has in stock, you may end up getting a phone you really don't want. Sensation and Galaxy S II may not always be an option. They said they will do there best to keep you with something with the same specs hence Sensation and GS II. I tried asking for a list of phones that they consider comparable to G2x, but they would not give me that information, because of how many phones are shipped out they could not guaranty the lists accuracy. I think my rep was lazy and just didn't want to look it up. If any one is willing to call the insurance company and see if they can get some kind of list of phones. I would really appreciate it. I dropped my phone and a little crack appeared that is bothering me to no end, so I want it replaced but only if I'm going to get better phone. I'm not paying 130 for a phone I don't want. I tried asking if they would give me the option to switch phones models even if they had the G2x in stock, and they didn't give me a straight answer. So if someone can get a clear answer that would be great.

Oh, one last bit of information, if you still have the current phone you want replaced you will have to send it in to the insurance company once the replacement phone gets to you. You have 14 days to do this. If not they will charge you and additional fee that they didn't want to tell me. I don't understand this I paid for the phone, I pay $5 dollars a month for the Insurance plan, I'm going to pay a $130 deductible, it still works just a crack I feel I should be able to keep it.

Number to insurance company and website.
All this info is public so I don't think it will be a problem if I post the number and web site.
Asurion
1-866-268-7221
http://www.phoneclaim.com

zoppp

Nov 17, 2011
Called T-Mobile and Asurion "the people that handle T-Mobile insurance".

You do need the protection plan "insurance".

This is the info I got. Phone must be lost, stolen or broken, by way of user mishap ex. jumped in to the pool with you, lost, stolen, dropped, and broken by the user basically anything that is covered buy the protection plan, not the warranty. If it's a factory or faulty hardware issue that's the warranty, then they will just send you a replacement G2x. Most likely a refurbished one, I've had my g2x replaced for over heating while charging and they just sent me a refurbished g2x, at least it was free.

You will have to pay the deductible which is $130 USD depending on your protection plan.

Now this is the important part, depending on what the insurance company has in stock, you may end up getting a phone you really don't want. Sensation and Galaxy S II may not always be an option. They said they will do there best to keep you with something with the same specs hence Sensation and GS II. I tried asking for a list of phones that they consider comparable to G2x, but they would not give me that information, because of how many phones are shipped out they could not guaranty the lists accuracy. I think my rep was lazy and just didn't want to look it up. If any one is willing to call the insurance company and see if they can get some kind of list of phones. I would really appreciate it. I dropped my phone and a little crack appeared that is bothering me to no end, so I want it replaced but only if I'm going to get better phone. I'm not paying 130 for a phone I don't want. I tried asking if they would give me the option to switch phones models even if they had the G2x in stock, and they didn't give me a straight answer. So if someone can get a clear answer that would be great.

Oh, one last bit of information, if you still have the current phone you want replaced you will have to send it in to the insurance company once the replacement phone gets to you. You have 14 days to do this. If not they will charge you and additional fee that they didn't want to tell me. I don't understand this I paid for the phone, I pay $5 dollars a month for the Insurance plan, I'm going to pay a $130 deductible, it still works just a crack I feel I should be able to keep it.

Number to insurance company and website.
All this info is public so I don't think it will be a problem if I post the number and web site.
Asurion
1-866-268-7221

Okay let's just say my phone has a charging issue and it starts heating up. Could I claim warranty even though I have water damage now?

noodlev1

Nov 20, 2006
Okay let's just say my phone has a charging issue and it starts heating up. Could I claim warranty even though I have water damage now?

You have 50/50 chance, I've known people in real life that have had water damage to the phone, litmus paper was pink, and got away with claiming warranty issue, and never got charged, but on the flip side I've know people also in real life that have tried and got caught because the litmus paper on the inside had turned pink due to water damage. They were notified and charged full price for the replacement phone, with a stern warning that if this happened again they would press charges for fraud, also one of them told me, when try tried to claim warranty issues with the replacement phone, they had a hard time because they had a notice on the account for them trying to get away with a free replacement. So it's really up to you if you want to try it.

If you tell them off the bat that you have water damage they will 99% of the time tell you your problem is because you got it wet, and that you have to pay for a replacement. I have a T-Mobile call center where I live so I know a few guys that work there, they are where I get my info from most of the time just in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

juny51

Jun 30, 2012
Bronx, NY
I want to, just because of the Nvidia and ICS stuff that is stunting the potential of the phone, but like I said in an earlier post, I'm fearful of not having that option and getting some other phone.

Just try it if they give you options you don't like just tell them forget it you rather use some old beat up phone you have. And continue to use your g2x

Sent from my LG-P999

ecdy

Dec 23, 2010
Chevy Chase
Insurance is a scam anyway

So, how much have you paid over the years for that insurance? Add that to the $130 and you have a pretty expensive last-generation phone.

Far better to self-insure--i.e., don't insure at all--and pick up a new or VG phone on eBay or Craigslist, for around $200. or less. Or upgrade to a Galaxy Nexus for $349. from Goggle Market.

Take the monthly insurance bill and put it towards your next phone. . . .

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I've read that if you haven't used your insurance you can get that money back or something similar to that before. Can't remember where I heard it but it seems kinda plausible, any one have info on the matter?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
I want to, just because of the Nvidia and ICS stuff that is stunting the potential of the phone, but like I said in an earlier post, I'm fearful of not having that option and getting some other phone.

The only thing that would really stop me from doing this is that I don't want to be without a phone for an extended period of time. The only spare phone I have is a Virgin Mobile phone (Optimus V). I suppose I could always buy minutes for that one...

So, how much have you paid over the years for that insurance? Add that to the $130 and you have a pretty expensive last-generation phone.

Far better to self-insure--i.e., don't insure at all--and pick up a new or VG phone on eBay or Craigslist, for around $200. or less. Or upgrade to a Galaxy Nexus for $349. from Goggle Market.

Considering that I've only been on T-Mobile for about a year, that means I only paid about $60 for insurance. After two years and after contract, I'm only paying a total of $120. Paying $130 for a replacement that's the Galaxy S2 sounds like a good deal to me. That's the phone I wish I would have gotten, but it was released a couple weeks after I got a free G2x from T-Mobile and I figured I was better off with a free phone than paying $200+ at the time. Clearly that was a big mistake.

I've read that if you haven't used your insurance you can get that money back or something similar to that before. Can't remember where I heard it but it seems kinda plausible, any one have info on the matter?

I doubt that's true. It's like car insurance. You pay monthly, but more than likely, if you're lucky, you'll never need it.

jreeve0805

May 28, 2012
self insured!

I agree start a savings account with all the things you are insuring and use that money to pay for broken items.

monomojao

Jan 19, 2011

I usually just say my phone was stolen. They don't ask questions, all they require is a police report that you can get over the phone. Its easy. This way you can keep your old phone. It works every time. Be careful though, you can only claim a certain amount of replacements a year. Trust me I learned the hard way.

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
I usually just say my phone was stolen. They don't ask questions, all they require is a police report that you can get over the phone. Its easy. This way you can keep your old phone. It works every time. Be careful though, you can only claim a certain amount of replacements a year. Trust me I learned the hard way.

Couldn't you just also say the phone was lost so that you wouldn't require a police report?

monomojao

Jan 19, 2011
Couldn't you just also say the phone was lost so that you wouldn't require a police report?

Well they would still required a police report in case it is found again. The police report doesn't trwllu do anything you basicly get badge number an officer and police station code. That's it

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

noodlev1

Nov 20, 2006
The problem with reporting your phone lost or stolen, is if you still use it on the same account, and they decide investigate the phone. I know for a fact they can cancel your account and press charges for fraud, this is done by the insurance company not T-Mobile. Your IMEI is broadcasted through the network whenever it makes a connection to the mobile network. I've heard from a friend that works at a T-Mobile Call Center not a T-Mobile store those guys don't know much of anything, that it happens more than you'd think, but I've never heard of it happening to anyone I know personally.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Ya that and you guys doing fraud like this is only jacking cell phone prices up and plans and insurance for those that need it most. Stop trying to scam them for a 200 dollar phone and just deal with what you have or go spend the money properly. What're you gonna do next, go to a local store spill something then spill liquid trip on purpose, and sue them?? I understand being tempted, cause this phone is such a pain for some, but that doesn't give people the right to commit fraud and possibly screw it for the rest of us.

Reactions: moeahmad1995

noodlev1

Nov 20, 2006
Ya that and you guys doing fraud like this is only jacking cell phone prices up and plans and insurance for those that need it most. Stop trying to scam them for a 200 dollar phone and just deal with what you have or go spend the money properly. What're you gonna do next, go to a local store spill something then spill liquid trip on purpose, and sue them?? I understand being tempted, cause this phone is such a pain for some, but that doesn't give people the right to commit fraud and possibly screw it for the rest of us.

I'm not condoning fraud, but if you have a cracked screen or something why not get a better phone out of it. It's not a scam, they are sending you something of equal value and you are sending your phone back to be refurbished by LG, if anyone is going to lose any money, and I doubt it's a significant amount it's going to be LG. Now that being said, are you telling me I should feel bad for a company that sells me a $600 dollar phone, full of problems and bugs that if it manages to not crash or reboot in 24 hours I'm surprised? This phone should have been recalled. I've actually managed to talk to an LG rep on the phone, and you know what they said about the screen bleeding, "they are working on a software patch with no date as of yet to be released". They are obviously just trying to get you off the phone. Screen bleeding cannot be fixed by way of software. They have discontinued this module of phone for good reason, they made there money and now refuse to fix the problems. Other than bugs as far as I've seen and read all development has stopped. You shouldn't feel bad for the company feel bad for the consumer.

Sorry to go on small rant, but I will never buy LG or nvidia again, they have lost a long time customer in me.

Reactions: Xura08

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm not condoning fraud, but if you have a cracked screen or something why not get a better phone out of it. It's not a scam, they are sending you something of equal value and you are sending your phone back to be refurbished by LG, if anyone is going to lose any money, and I doubt it's a significant amount it's going to be LG. Now that being said, are you telling me I should feel bad for a company that sells me a $600 dollar phone, full of problems and bugs that if it manages to not crash or reboot in 24 hours I'm surprised? This phone should have been recalled. I've actually managed to talk to an LG rep on the phone, and you know what they said about the screen bleeding, "they are working on a software patch with no date as of yet to be released". They are obviously just trying to get you off the phone. Screen bleeding cannot be fixed by way of software. They have discontinued this module of phone for good reason, they made there money and now refuse to fix the problems. Other than bugs as far as I've seen and read all development has stopped. You shouldn't feel bad for the company feel bad for the consumer.

Sorry to go on small rant, but I will never buy LG or nvidia again, they have lost a long time customer in me.