[APP][2.2+] Smart Taskabr 2 - most convenient one hand optimized quick access launche

Search This thread

testrider

Apr 11, 2012
Los Angeles
You press and hold on it for about 0.5S. Then you should be able to move it. For clean up all quick spots, there is no such function yet, I will try to add it later.

As soon as I press on it, the taskbar screen came up and it didn't matter how long I held on it, nothing happened? Can you try this?

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

You press and hold on it for about 0.5S. Then you should be able to move it. For clean up all quick spots, there is no such function yet, I will try to add it later.

As soon as I press on it, the taskbar screen came up and it didn't matter how long I held on it, nothing happened? Can you try this?

Ok, I got it: I had to click on it real quick then fling it to the other side. If I hold on it, the taskbar screen came up and covered the button.

ivanisevic82

Jun 19, 2013
Hi,
Sounds like a great idea to add. I will add them. Thx for suggestion.

Thank you!
For the moment I tried to connect tasker with button savior, but I had a problem.
When I open Chrome, Tasker open diectly the app button savior. But the app is only a panel for the setting...I don't want to open it, I just want to open the button!
Is there in tasker a command to lunch only the button and not the app?
Thanks a lot!

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Pay for a new version???? A new way...it's the Androgreed! !!

Sent with Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT I9505)

I was so struggling during the entire development time. Initially I planned to make both versions share the same key because I estimated the development time won't go over 2 month. However, at the end, I spent more than 6 month of hard work to finish it. Everyday, I at least spend 8 hours on it. In so many occasion, I wanted to take a break and have vacation somehow. But I didn't because I knew the schedule was already behind. Because of this, around the 4th month in development, I decided to end the go free or go pay struggle. I hope you can also understand that. In addition to that, most people upgrade their apps gradually to v2, v3, v4... etc. Maybe Its a mistake I made that I choose to start everything over new. So this is really not an easy upgrade to me.

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Great app!

I can't set apps in the upper favorites section. I can't add or move or anything.

Any idea?

Edit: figured it out. The tutorial shows it a little fast.

Last edited:

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Thank you!
For the moment I tried to connect tasker with button savior, but I had a problem.
When I open Chrome, Tasker open diectly the app button savior. But the app is only a panel for the setting...I don't want to open it, I just want to open the button!
Is there in tasker a command to lunch only the button and not the app?
Thanks a lot!

Yes,
But I don't use Tasker. So I don't know if it can send broadcast. If you want to show just panel and if Taskser supports sending broadcast, you can use following to show and hide

To Show: Send com.smart.swkey.showTrigger
To Hide: Send com.smart.swkey.hideTrigger

ivanisevic82

Jun 19, 2013
Yes,
But I don't use Tasker. So I don't know if it can send broadcast. If you want to show just panel and if Taskser supports sending broadcast, you can use following to show and hide

To Show: Send com.smart.swkey.showTrigger
To Hide: Send com.smart.swkey.hideTrigger

Hi Jerry, thanks for your support.
The person that are helping me about Tasker say this:

" I'd suggest going back to the developer of Button Saviour and ask if it's a Service, Action etc? Also are there any extra's or permissions required in the intent. You could also reference him to this page on the Tasker site for information about integrating apps with Tasker: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/developers.html"

Can you help me to anwer to him?

Thank you!

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Hi Jerry, thanks for your support.
The person that are helping me about Tasker say this:

" I'd suggest going back to the developer of Button Saviour and ask if it's a Service, Action etc? Also are there any extra's or permissions required in the intent. You could also reference him to this page on the Tasker site for information about integrating apps with Tasker: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/developers.html"

Can you help me to anwer to him?

Thank you!

Hi,
Where did you ask the question? On Tasker's website? If its official forum, please paste the link and I can communicate there. Generally, the broadcast intent I sent you is monitored by Button Savior service and no permission required.

nereuseng

Mar 19, 2012
anyone has suggestion for me to improve the App? I remember when I announced V1, I got lots of suggestion in my XDA thread. This time, it is quite. It would be great if it is the result of my careful feature planning. :D:laugh::laugh:

I hope that the UI be more clean and elegant. :)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Smart Taskbar V2]
    Smart Taskbar is designed to make you use your phone one handed easily. All new V2 is even more one hand optimized. Launch any application instantly without leaving your current window. Swipe your finger or click the trigger icon anytime in any App to bring up Smart Taskbar panel for super fast app launching also works as app organizer, folder organizer, multi tasker, task killer, and shortcut manager. The App is carefully designed and implemented to make sure you can comfortable do most things with just one hand. If you are one hand operation freak and is always looking for something to use your phone easier with one hand, then Smart Taskbar 2 is the right thing for you. Although it is capable, but I still don't suggest you use my App in driving. :silly:

How is everyone saying about V1:
    Showcased in XDA front page in 2010
    Showcased in addictivetips front page in 2010
    Showcased in howtogeek in 2011
    Reviewed by lifehacker in 2012

[Some Background]
    About three years ago, I introduced an app called Smart Taskbar which used a never been used technique called system overlay window to demonstrate the potential benefit of using top level window in Android Apps to create something that is always on top and always available first time. So thats why you see many many devs that use similar technique to make their Apps such as swipe pad, swapps, sidebar...etc. Many of you may not know its me who brought you the first app in this class in Android Market by the time because app Smart Taskbar V1 is not as famous as other similar apps. Probably due to lack of details or it is simply too engineering style.

During my development of V1 in 2010, I asked many friends around me to see how's their reaction with an always available, always displayed, tiny trigger button design thats is displayed all the time on screen to access a small launcher style window when pressed. All of them told me its obstructive and bad of user experience. 3 years has passed. Even Apple adopt the idea in their iOS5 called accessitive touch. I don't know did Apple engineers know about my App. But I am quite happy that my concept is accepted by Apple.

If you are interested to know more about my V1, you can refer to this XDA thread for more details:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/smart-taskbar-launch-any-app-in-2-steps/

So I decided to create a V2 to improve problems that I have in V1. I started the requirement and feature development as early as the beginning of 2012 and started real coding job in Jun 2012. Finally after about 6 months of hard coding, I released my first beta on PlayStore in March, 2013. After two more months of beta and debugging, I think its ready to announce the App to everyone on XDA today.

[Features]
    ☆One click in any window to access Smart Taskbar main panel without leaving your current window
    ☆10 speedy quick launch spots for 1 click App/Custom action launching
    ☆Organize Apps/Actions in groups
    ☆Organize Apps/Actions in folder
    ☆Task Switcher
    ☆Add unlimited number of widget to use (No more desktop space limit)
    ☆Gesture driven
    Build custom action (aka shortcut) to do more
    ☆Do basic App management such as force stop or uninstall directly on screen
    ☆Sortable App list by filter of frequency, alpha numerical, or installation time

[New In V2]
    ☆Brand new one hand friendly design
    ☆All graphics now in HD quality
    ☆Runs different UI on Pad and Phone
    ☆Gesture driven
    ☆New folder design for you to create multi dimensional gropus
    ☆5 more quick launch spots
    ☆Sortable list
    ☆Free dragable trigger icon

[Download]
    (1) From Playstore [Link]
    (2) Or from attachment provided in this thread

[Video]
    Pay for a new version???? A new way...it's the Androgreed! !!

Sent with Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT I9505)

I was so struggling during the entire development time. Initially I planned to make both versions share the same key because I estimated the development time won't go over 2 month. However, at the end, I spent more than 6 month of hard work to finish it. Everyday, I at least spend 8 hours on it. In so many occasion, I wanted to take a break and have vacation somehow. But I didn't because I knew the schedule was already behind. Because of this, around the 4th month in development, I decided to end the go free or go pay struggle. I hope you can also understand that. In addition to that, most people upgrade their apps gradually to v2, v3, v4... etc. Maybe Its a mistake I made that I choose to start everything over new. So this is really not an easy upgrade to me.
    :good:

one advice I have, use Holo design please, but in terms of functionality this is awesome

This is awesome except for i want to change the colors or have some themes to choose from

This will be my next step. I also want to make additional more free skins for it too.
    I hope that the UI be more clean and elegant. :)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

I am planning to throw in new themes later.
    I usually use titanium backup to move apps to my sd card (sometimes I just go to apps in settings)
    Pro version supports backup...I suppose I could just restore backup after reboot.
    I hope you solve this issue at some point...it's a great app!

Thx for the info. I thought it was due to sdcard ready timing issue during bootup. But i just did an experiment by booting up my phone with 3 apps on sdcard while sdcard was pulled out, my app can still know those apps are in sdcard and not ready to use. Now I think it has something to do with Ti backup. I will study why. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app